Bought off refs = Texas win.

And really, is that how you all want to win? By screwing over Texas when it was obvious even in real time that the play was over before the clock ran out? Nice...

I don't think that people want us to "win" that way. It's all about getting a fair chance to compete in a game and decide it on the field. This game was full of poor decisions by the referees and poor plays from both teams.

Sure, we kicked the ball out of bounds, we gave up a 15yd penalty, we did not run off enough time when we had the ball but the refs missed a hold when Texas had the ball and then "gifted" the Longhorns an extra second to win the game.

This had fix written all over it.

They didn't gift them sh#t...they gave them the second they deserved. You didn't even need replay to see it if you were watching on TV. What you're saying is you'd rather have a win by screwing Texas out of their deserved chance at the FG than taking the risk of letting them win in a legit fashion. How wonderful.

It IS frustrating when you think of all of the extra seconds that tick off after incomplete passes all throughout the game. There has to be a human element to say ok, play over, stop the clock. That was done, except this time, there was no time left. It doesn't seem right to fix it simply because it means one team gets a giftwrapped shot at winning it.

Except it is right, because it's a game changing moment. And by that standard you can of course claim that every single extra second wasted is a game changing moment, but they're not. That would take some kind of future telling powers, and nobody has those. The fact is, there was a second left on the clock that Texas deserved to have simply because it gave them a chance at winning the game.

If Nebraska was on the other end and we didn't get that second, you know for a fact people would be even more hysterical than they are now. I can see that fighting against the blinding bias some have, though, is pointless, so I'll just drop it now.

It IS frustrating when you think of all of the extra seconds that tick off after incomplete passes all throughout the game. There has to be a human element to say ok, play over, stop the clock. That was done, except this time, there was no time left. It doesn't seem right to fix it simply because it means one team gets a giftwrapped shot at winning it.

Except it is right, because it's a game changing moment. And by that standard you can of course claim that every single extra second wasted is a game changing moment, but they're not. That would take some kind of future telling powers, and nobody has those. The fact is, there was a second left on the clock that Texas deserved to have simply because it gave them a chance at winning the game.

If Nebraska was on the other end and we didn't get that second, you know for a fact people would be even more hysterical than they are now. I can see that fighting against the blinding bias some have, though, is pointless, so I'll just drop it now.

you're probably right ebyl, it's just a hard loss to swallow. We pretty much have to accept the fact that the clock will get adjusted when it's way off during the game (happens sometimes), and when it's barely off at the end. Its just how it works.

So, according to Ebyl, the game is refereed differently depending on the time during the game and the clock is managed differently as well.

This kind of stuff drives me mad, why should a decision made in the 5th minute be different than one made in the 59th? It bugs me that in the fianl 2 minutes of the game, the refs run around like nutters getting the ball to the right spot. Why not in the preceeding 58 minutes?

You see it in all sports, the refs let more stuff go unpenalized in the final periods of hockey and basketball so they can let the players decide the result. what kind of garbage is that. rules are rules regardless of when they are enforced.

All people want to see is fair and consistent officiating within ALL the rules in any sport.

I don't know... But the Big XII instant replay rules are pretty clear. Simply gong to review to change an "eggregious" time keeping error (I'm not sure 1 extra second running off out of 3600 seconds is eggregious) is simply not allowed by rule. Unless of course, they were stating that the result of the play -- an incomplete pass -- was incorrect.

On that drive I think the zebras got the previous calls right...

Kicking a kickoff out of bounds places the ball on the 40 yard line.

A horse collar tackle is a 15 yard personal foul.

And McCoy let the ball fly out of his hands and it landed out of bounds with about a second left. The clock operator responded in whatever way they did, and the clock ended up on 0:00. However, nothing in the Big XII rules allows this to go instant replay review.

If the officials on the field fixed this without the help of the booth, then there is absolutely no problem with correctly adding a second back on the clock. However, I don't think this is how this went down -- and I think a lot more people should be outraged, even though the Huskers appeared to be trying to give Texas the game.

My 2 cents...

This! Yeah this is my issue too. When I first saw it I thought..."no there's still one second that ball is already out of bounds" then I read the rules that the ball has to hit something... but officials reset game clocks when they notice it. Replay wasn't implemented to for changing time expect after a reviewed call for stomething else. I've never seen them use the replay booth to specifically see how much time should be on the clock. You would have to do that for every play that there was doubt to be consistant.

Look, a guy fumbles the ball, the refs check to see if they don't know. That happens whether or not the game is in the first quarter, first minute of the game, or the final play.

Kick the friggin ball into the end zone and this is probably all mute

It makes me sick to say this but the truth is, Adi kicked it out of bounds, Asante did a horse collar tackle, there was 1 second left when the ball hit the ground, and he made a clutch kick. No conspiricy, just crappy luck, any one of those doesn't happen and we win, but they all legitimately happened, period. I'm pissed too, but we need to be more classy than this. Win or lose we need to be the better team.

They didn't gift them sh#t...they gave them the second they deserved. You didn't even need replay to see it if you were watching on TV. What you're saying is you'd rather have a win by screwing Texas out of their deserved chance at the FG than taking the risk of letting them win in a legit fashion. How wonderful.

:yeah we blew this game, not the officials. Other than the PI and the lack of holding calls in the Big 12 (Nebraska held several times as well), I didn't really have an issue with officiating.

That being said I think we should be feeling great we did not get waxed in this game like the previous Big 12 north pretenders.

The correct call was made, and I don't think its debatable. How many times before that play did they have to reset the clock during the game? At least three if I remember correctly. I know it sucks to lose that way, but there was clearly a second left when the ball hit.

I will give you that, if you can show me what the ball hit. All I saw was that the ball went behind a camera man, so we dont really know when it hit anything, do we?

On HI Red Sea Scrolls they have a headline that says Big 12 head of official explains last call. Does anyone know what he said? I know there was one second left, that I agree with but if they can't review the play in the first place then it doesn't matter if there was one second. I personally think we got this game stolen from us. Ya if Adi doesn't kick it out of bounds we probably win. However, there were two pass interference calls that should have never been called. The one on Prince wasn't even pass interference and it was un catchable. The one on Hagg was pass interference but was thrown at least five yards out of bounds and was def un catchable. The one on Prince I believe led directly to a fg. The guy that wrote that article from the denver post was right. He knew going in that the officials would not allow texas to lose that game and they certainly didn't. Yes we could have done some things to take control of that game but the refs certainly did their best to take the game from us.