Bought off refs = Texas win.

Limitations on Reviewable Plays

ARTICLE 6. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable.

However, the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those

involving the game clock, whether or not a play is reviewable. This excludes

fouls that are not specifically reviewable (Reviewable fouls: Rules 12-3-2-c

and d, 12-3-4-b and 12-3-5-a).

Mind saying where that comes from?

Cause its not in anything I posted...

Ok... I see that you have edited your post to include a source...

Now this brings up another problem, because IIRC Conference rules overrule NCAA rules, so then:

Plays Not Reviewable

Article 4. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable.

Comes into play because nowhere in the Big 12 rules does it say something to the effect of "Any rules not discussed herein will be covered by the NCAA rulebook"

So... that means that the play clock is NOT reviewable in Big 12 games

Limitations on Reviewable Plays

ARTICLE 6. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable.

However, the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those

involving the game clock Texas losing, whether or not a play is reviewable. This excludes

fouls that are not specifically reviewable (Reviewable fouls: Rules 12-3-2-c

and d, 12-3-4-b and 12-3-5-a).

I gotta say I love that graphic...but as to replays, as a Texas fan, I have no idea how they figured where to spot the ball on the first series (after you guys intercepted our pass) on the 4th down play. I mean it might have been right as it did appear that the runner was on top of a longhorn but how the heck did they determine where he really was? As I saw that I wondered if there has to be conclusive evidence of the need for the respot AND where the actual spot is. I have a real problem with this type of replay reversal as well as those when they are trying to determine if the ball broke the goal line. Most of the time they do not have an angle that I would say provides conclusive evidence to change the ruling but it almost seems like more and more they are making these judgements on review.......as I said in a thread I started, good hard game and you guys have an awesome defense. I am not sure we deserved to win but thats how it goes sometimes....you can get some payback next October 16...

Did the Big 12 / head official / someone who has some clout / etc. officially comment? Rumors are Bo and maybe even TO have asked for official explanation...if they can't get one, then what the hell happens? The winner is literally determined by the outcome of that call. Has there ever been something like this?

Just posted this in another thread:

There is so much stuff going around I don't know what to believe but this is the Big 12 Championship...an explanation is clearly due. I am sure there must be reporters digging through archives right now...surely there must be another college football game in history where the clock was out and time was put back on and gave a team another play? If so, I'd really like to see how the circumstances stack up against what happened tonight.

Look if this has precedence in past and rule can be explained to Bo and TO then so be it. But, if not then this is serious crap and NU should be Big 12 Champ.

There is so much stuff going around I don't know what to believe but this is the Big 12 Championship...an explanation is clearly due. I am sure there must be reporters digging through archives right now...surely there must be another college football game in history where the clock was out and time was put back on and gave a team another play? If so, I'd really like to see how the circumstances stack up against what happened tonight.

Look if this has precedence in past and rule can be explained to Bo and TO then so be it. But, if not then this is serious crap and NU should be Big 12 Champ.

no, if we got robbed, we tell the big 12 we are joining another conference,

The injuries ... included broken legs for Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Terrell Owens and quarterback Donovan McNabb, Baltimore Ravens running back Musa Smith, and Tennessee Titans wide out Tyrone Calico

Yeah but wasn't that Roy Williams who would horsecollar and wrap up their legs with his. It's the combo that's dangerous.

just join another one anyways. What exactly is Nebraska getting out of this except getting shafted? Atleast if we played in another conference we could schedule Oklahoma every year like we use to play them......

Agree with horrible holding calls they did not call against Texas. They tried everything they could to stop Crick and Suh and got away with it except the chop blocks.

As much as some of you may not like it. The 1 second back on the clock, was the right call. When the ball falls out of the bounds the time is suppose to stop, and it was pretty plain that once the ball was out the time kept going.

Plus the horsecollar maybe BS, but Asante really didn't need to do it, O'Hanlon and Hagg were right there to make sure he didn't get more yards. the only reason Asante did what he did, was to trying to move the spot of the ball back. Big mistake by him.

Adi has been kicking the ball great all year, and for one of the most important kickoffs this season, he boots it off to the side and it bounces out of the bounds. Ideal area you want to kick it is endzone for a touchback.

As for the PI, unfortunately it was the right calls, Hagg didn't turn around to look at the ball. The only PI i do not agree with was the pass way over the receivers head where he even quite going for it because he knew he couldn't catch it. That was a horrible call.

That's what I thought to but this article http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1812650.html says that the ball has to hit something first.

just join another one anyways. What exactly is Nebraska getting out of this except getting shafted? Atleast if we played in another conference we could schedule Oklahoma every year like we use to play them......

You guys have got to be kidding me if you actually believe that Nebraska would leave the Big 12 because of this call...