From the Omaha World herald

Ringer02

Thanks DC. I bet this makes us look bad. :(

Who cares? It was in the heat of the moment. I'm so sick of all this BS about how worried people are about the teams' and fans' "image", I'm about to lose it.

Some people need to grow a pair & learn to deal with it.

EXACTLY, STAND UP FOR YOURSELF AND DONT BE SO DAMN PASSIVE ALL THE TIME, THAT'S WHAT CALLAHAN WAS. I guarantee one thing after all this, the players, as if they wouldnt already, will do anything for this group of coaches. And Bo is truly concerned about the mental well-being of his players after this, He told Sharp last night, he didnt even care about the bowl game, there was plenty of time for that, he was just worried about his guys right now.

I don't have any problem if the Pelinis want to get angry and vocal about officiating. My only argument was that Carl shouldn't disparage the opposing team for what he believed was an officiating mistake. It's unsportsmanlike and classless to yell that Texas should "ashamed" for winning. I'd also be willing to bet that even he regrets saying it.

id be pissed off too!!!!

i have watched that play on my dvr 10+ times as well as in super slow motion on my computer and i can tell you that the play clock was at 0 when the ball hit. thats as simple as it is.

That's funny, I've watched it at least as many times, sometimes at 1/15th speed, both with the clock that ABC shows during the game and the clock they showed in the replay. And every time just after the clock goes from 02 to 01 it looks like the ball hits a railing. If it didn't, even when it hits ground the clock is still at 01. I don't know what simple thing you are looking at, but it's not the same simple thing I'm looking at. I also have the screen frozen with 0:01 showing and the official waving his arms to stop the clock.

Whether the play was reviewable under the Big 12 rules I'll be interested to hear, but it's clear that the ball was dead and the ref was signaling to stop the clock with 01 to go.

I correct my previous statement, after actually watichin on tv with a better picture, yes the clock are correctly synchronized, and there was 1 second left. I do believe it was the "right" thing to do, but it doesnt mean Texas didnt deserve it. Just another frustrated die hard lookin for somethin to point a finger at. I can admit when i'm wrong. My conclusions were drawn from a bad picture on espn360.com.

With that said, i'm gonna bring up some other issues, and if I'm incorrect, please correct me.

1) Texas touch down drive. Pass interfearence in the end zone, original LOS was the 19 yard line, MORE THAN 15 YARDS FROM THE INFRACTION, officials original place the ball at the 2 yard line as a "spot foul" similar to the NFL, but being more than 15 yards down field, it was changed to a 15 yard penalty, putting the ball at the 4, WHAT HAPPENED TO HALF THE DISTANCE? Shoulda been the 8.5 yard line. Do i have a point here, or is this rule difference for DPI by chance. I believe this woulda kept texas out of the endzone.

With that said, i'm gonna bring up some other issues, and if I'm incorrect, please correct me.

1) Texas touch down drive. Pass interfearence in the end zone, original LOS was the 19 yard line, MORE THAN 15 YARDS FROM THE INFRACTION, officials original place the ball at the 2 yard line as a "spot foul" similar to the NFL, but being more than 15 yards down field, it was changed to a 15 yard penalty, putting the ball at the 4, WHAT HAPPENED TO HALF THE DISTANCE? Shoulda been the 8.5 yard line. Do i have a point here, or is this rule difference for DPI by chance. I believe this woulda kept texas out of the endzone.

Defensive pass interference is an exception to the half the distance rule.

This one really hurt, but I think they got it right. It appeared that way while I was watching it.

Blame the Kick off or the pentalty for the horse collar, but it was not Texas doing anything wrong or the officials. We got beat fair and square, it is time to man up and accept it no matter how bad it hurts.

Show some pride in the effort the kids gave, and admire the fact that we have coaches that will go the last mile for thier team.

On to the Holiday Bowl.

id be pissed off too!!!!

i have watched that play on my dvr 10+ times as well as in super slow motion on my computer and i can tell you that the play clock was at 0 when the ball hit. thats as simple as it is.

This goes back to the clock issue on the tv. What clock was that ABC used in the replays, cuz if you watch the replay of the actual live action, the clock is at 0 when the ballhits the ground, then on the replay, that goofy clock they were showin, one of which i have never seen, is at one, and notice on that how the play clock is NOT running either. Call me a nutty bar or whatever, but i just believe there is more to this. Am i off my rocker, cuz i've watched over and over again too.

Why would the play clock run if the game clock had less time on it to begin with?

Carl didn't say this into a microphone.

He said it in front of reporters, publicly. Are you arguing that people can say whatever they want as long as there isn't a microphone involved?

...but texass deserves every bad thing said about them.

why?

It clearly says that this was said in the locker room, but could be heard because the door was still open. Get off your high horse. Whatever is said in the locker room is none of anyone's business but the team itself. Hell, the article doesn't even say that a coach said it. It could have been a player that yelled it for all we know. Reading comprehension...

Thanks DC. I bet this makes us look bad. :(

Who cares? It was in the heat of the moment. I'm so sick of all this BS about how worried people are about the teams' and fans' "image", I'm about to lose it.

Some people need to grow a pair & learn to deal with it.

EXACTLY, STAND UP FOR YOURSELF AND DONT BE SO DAMN PASSIVE ALL THE TIME, THAT'S WHAT CALLAHAN WAS. I guarantee one thing after all this, the players, as if they wouldnt already, will do anything for this group of coaches. And Bo is truly concerned about the mental well-being of his players after this, He told Sharp last night, he didnt even care about the bowl game, there was plenty of time for that, he was just worried about his guys right now.

I don't have any problem if the Pelinis want to get angry and vocal about officiating. My only argument was that Carl shouldn't disparage the opposing team for what he believed was an officiating mistake. It's unsportsmanlike and classless to yell that Texas should "ashamed" for winning. I'd also be willing to bet that even he regrets saying it.

I doubt the Texas people heard him if he was in the tunnel and they were out there amongst the confetti. Get off your high horse. Seems like you have an agenda here just like many others who can't understand why the coaches aren't happy when we lose. They wanted it for their players and I'm sure it broke his heart to see the game turn out that way.