From the Omaha World herald

Ringer02

It was a heartbreaking loss. Did we get cheated? Nope. Should our players and coaches have been disappointed. hellyeah. But C Pelini's comments show a lack of character that Nebraska football has never been about. You can rant and rave in private with officials, conference officials or your spouse if she doesn't have a nine iron handy, but you don't scream about the team that just defeated you "being ashamed" and claim you have been "cheated". TO obviously was upset to lose, but reading the story I don't think he shared any of the feelings of being "cheated" or thinking Tejas didn't deserve to win. He just wanted to calm down Bo and have Pelinis feeling better about things before they made comments that were detrimental to NU's football program. Both need to learn to keep their mouth shut when the only thing they can do is come off looking childish and classless.

I know some of you point to tantrums and claim that is the fire in the belly that we need and everyone in the program needs that and it will take us to the next level. My take is that we need the fire in the belly alright, but channel it ON THE FIELD to make good plays and not have to whine about losing or not getting this call or that one. Every team in every game thinks that a call went against them. What we have to do in addition to 'restoring the order' is restoring the class of the Nebraska football program.

It has become almost to be expected that Bo will throw a hissy fit about something during a game or berate those who are on the same team for the camera. We have a ways to go. Whether they fire Watson or get better offensive players, at some point Bo and his bro are going to have to grow up or poor sportsmanship will become what NU is known for. I would be concerned if I were Bo after watching the Fat Magino go from hero to "hotheaded coach we need to get rid of" --in one season of losing, that the same fate awaits. Fans and ADs overlook a lot when winning. But have a clunker of a season and if you are an AH, they'll boot you right out the door.

Let's win a bowl game and win it with CLASS!

Yeah ... F fire in the belly. We can wait 20 years for another NC. Hell, we waited that long for Osborne ... and we took every screw job with class and a "thank you Sir may I have another."

i was more upset about that one DPI in particular, but both were bad. We got called on that one that was perfectly legal. Faceguarding but no contact. Almost exactly the same thing happened to Paul and there was no flag. Oh well, can you imagine the heat Mack Brown would be under right now if they had not had that second?

That is a 15 yarder in college. No contact necessary.

No, it's not. Faceguarding is legal in college.

If you make contact and don't look for the ball, you'll draw a flag

It was a heartbreaking loss. Did we get cheated? Nope. Should our players and coaches have been disappointed. hellyeah. But C Pelini's comments show a lack of character that Nebraska football has never been about. You can rant and rave in private with officials, conference officials or your spouse if she doesn't have a nine iron handy, but you don't scream about the team that just defeated you "being ashamed" and claim you have been "cheated". TO obviously was upset to lose, but reading the story I don't think he shared any of the feelings of being "cheated" or thinking Tejas didn't deserve to win. He just wanted to calm down Bo and have Pelinis feeling better about things before they made comments that were detrimental to NU's football program. Both need to learn to keep their mouth shut when the only thing they can do is come off looking childish and classless.

I know some of you point to tantrums and claim that is the fire in the belly that we need and everyone in the program needs that and it will take us to the next level. My take is that we need the fire in the belly alright, but channel it ON THE FIELD to make good plays and not have to whine about losing or not getting this call or that one. Every team in every game thinks that a call went against them. What we have to do in addition to 'restoring the order' is restoring the class of the Nebraska football program.

It has become almost to be expected that Bo will throw a hissy fit about something during a game or berate those who are on the same team for the camera. We have a ways to go. Whether they fire Watson or get better offensive players, at some point Bo and his bro are going to have to grow up or poor sportsmanship will become what NU is known for. I would be concerned if I were Bo after watching the Fat Magino go from hero to "hotheaded coach we need to get rid of" --in one season of losing, that the same fate awaits. Fans and ADs overlook a lot when winning. But have a clunker of a season and if you are an AH, they'll boot you right out the door.

Let's win a bowl game and win it with CLASS!

Yeah ... F fire in the belly. We can wait 20 years for another NC. Hell, we waited that long for Osborne ... and we took every screw job with class and a "thank you Sir may I have another."

Riveting stuff. The interaction between the fiery Pelini’s and the marble giant, Dr. Tom is mesmerizing. Bo calling for “Coach” Osborne; TO, who would never have responded to a loss in that manner, but probably always wanted to, listening to Bo’s bluster; striding out the level-headed politician, IN A BLACK f'ing TRENCH COAT (are you kidding me!), to talk to league officials. Christ, great write-up by Barfknecht.

I sometimes think Bo is over the top, but it’s who he is right now, and I won’t fault him for it. I love the relationship TO has established with the staff. His legend continues to grow.

Not condoning the words of carl pelini but everyone here acts so shocked by this stuff. It's as though it only happens here. These are high dollar head coaches under tremendous pressure to win. A lot of stress comes with that. Look at Urban Meyer, Lane Kiffin, Steve Spurrier calling out SEC officials week after week this season. Anyone else remember Mangino accusing the officials of giving the game to Texas because of the BCS game they would get with a win? At least Carl wasn't in front of the mic saying this stuff like all of these other guys.

It wasn't more than one. The rule is the ball has to touch something... at least that's what the article from texas newspaper says.

can anyone see what the ball touch???? no evidence!! :cop:

Looked to me that one of those guys in the green vest caught it.

In anycase, im not surprised by Bo or Carl's reaction, i mean every Husker fan felt that way last night. Texas didn't deserve that Big 12 trophy. Suh and Husker defense deserved to be holding it up there high (granted i don't know if they would have been holding Suh up like that, 300lbs) but still.

Bo and Carl, like it was said, heat of the moment, when you think you won, and to have it snatched away like that. Its tough and hard to swallow.

I even like what TO said "Ive been on both ends". Tom can relate to his frustration and im sure they will have a lot to talk about today or this week or whenever they talk.

I will remember this game as the biggest upset the Pelini brothers have orchestrated in college football this year, and in a controversial 1 second, it was taken away.

It wasn't more than one. The rule is the ball has to touch something... at least that's what the article from texas newspaper says.

can anyone see what the ball touch???? no evidence!! :cop:

Looked to me that one of those guys in the green vest caught it.

In anycase, im not surprised by Bo or Carl's reaction, i mean every Husker fan felt that way last night. Texas didn't deserve that Big 12 trophy. Suh and Husker defense deserved to be holding it up there high (granted i don't know if they would have been holding Suh up like that, 300lbs) but still.

Bo and Carl, like it was said, heat of the moment, when you think you won, and to have it snatched away like that. Its tough and hard to swallow.

I even like what TO said "Ive been on both ends". Tom can relate to his frustration and im sure they will have a lot to talk about today or this week or whenever they talk.

I will remember this game as the biggest upset the Pelini brothers have orchestrated in college football this year, and in a controversial 1 second, it was taken away.

Amen. Texas got darn lucky capitalizing off the Huskers' self-imposed misfortune in that last drive. There's no way without those two penalties that Colt McCoy drives within field goal range. If we can get any semblance of an offense, even a high school level offense, we have to be a favorite in the Big 12 next year. I am going to buy my tickets for the Texas game immediately.

Also, was that the best Husker defensive effort, ever? Thoughts? :bonez

I am going to buy my tickets for the Texas game immediately.

Also, was that the best Husker defensive effort, ever? Thoughts? :bonez

October 16th 2010, Lincoln Nebraska, Memorial Stadium. Bo and Carl open a case of Whoop-ass on Mack Brown and the Texas Longhorns. :restore

Bring a poster that says ":01"

Best defensive effort in Husker history? No. Best display all season? Hell yes. Seeing that we sacked pretty boy Heisman candidate McCoy 9 times and picked him off 3 times and kept him to -20 yard rushing. and yet when Carl and Bo look back there he is holding the Big 12 title trophy like a champ. It makes me wanna puke.

Makes me wish that Carl and Bo ran up and beat the crap out of McCoy and took the trophy back to Lincoln with them on the plane. lol.

I tend to believe that there was one second left on the clock, but where I think you guys got robbed is apparently that should not be a reviewable play. Although, I'm not sure anyone knows what the real call on the field was. Seems like the officials really mismanaged that at the end, I you can sure bet that the BCS and money involved at some influence on their actions. Welcome to getting f__cked by the Big 12. We are used to, i.e. bowl selection process.

All of that aside, I do admire the Pelini's passion, and I think Bo wanting to talk to Beebe is fine. Beebe is an idiot that needs to go. However, I think the screaming at Texas fans and screaming cheaters during the trophy presentation is unacceptable by a coach. Pelini's passion is great, he just needs to learn to channel it better and follow Osborne's lead on keeping your cool at times. Too many more incidents like that will damage the Husker's reputation as a classy team.

I wish the Pelinis would leave the outbursts etc. to the fans. He shouldn't have gotten in Snyder's grill in '03 either. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. Just wish our coaches were more gracious.

F that

Agreed. I love the fact that he's has enough passion to fuel the entire team....the entire state...even through tough spots.

I tend to believe that there was one second left on the clock, but where I think you guys got robbed is apparently that should not be a reviewable play. Although, I'm not sure anyone knows what the real call on the field was. Seems like the officials really mismanaged that at the end, I you can sure bet that the BCS and money involved at some influence on their actions. Welcome to getting f__cked by the Big 12. We are used to, i.e. bowl selection process.

All of that aside, I do admire the Pelini's passion, and I think Bo wanting to talk to Beebe is fine. Beebe is an idiot that needs to go. However, I think the screaming at Texas fans and screaming cheaters during the trophy presentation is unacceptable by a coach. Pelini's passion is great, he just needs to learn to channel it better and follow Osborne's lead on keeping your cool at times. Too many more incidents like that will damage the Husker's reputation as a classy team.

Wait, aren't you a Texas fan?