From the Omaha World herald

Ringer02

His emotions burst.

“You should be ashamed to accept that trophy!” the NU defensive coordinator yelled, pointing at the Longhorns.

“You outta be ashamed to accept that trophy!” he screamed again, then again.

Seconds later, his younger brother erupted, too.

Bo Pelini had played it cool walking off the field, telling Texas coaches to go win a national title.

I'm sorry but that is classless.

/shakes head.

I love this staff and the direction they are taking the program in, but that is classless right there and a poor example to set for the players.

If we should win, let it be by the code...

If we should lose...let our coaches not yell out the other team.

Poor decision by the officials or not, that was extremely poor showing by the coaches, if these accounts are true.

Bear in mind that this is in the heat of the moment. Tomorrow they may wake up and think differently.

Afterall, Bo did admit fault for ripping into Snyder back in '03.

It's a Pelini thing. Sometimes they let their emotions get the best of them and that's how they deal with it.

His emotions burst.

“You should be ashamed to accept that trophy!” the NU defensive coordinator yelled, pointing at the Longhorns.

Bo Pelini had played it cool walking off the field, telling Texas coaches to go win a national title.

/shakes head.

I love this staff and the direction they are taking the program in, but that is classless right there and a poor example to set for the players.

Poor decision by the officials or not, that was extremely poor showing by the coaches, if these accounts are true.

Bear in mind that this is in the heat of the moment. Tomorrow they may wake up and think differently.

It's a Pelini thing. Sometimes they let their emotions get the best of them and that's how they deal with it.

Bo letting his emotions get the better of him shouldn't surprise anybody. He does need to learn that he's not an assistant anymore. Like it or not head coaches do need to be a little more level headed than his assistants.

I'd be pissed if I were Bo. This incident deserves a full investigation and report by the Big XII. If the play was not reviewable and the officials on the field blew the whistle during or after the game clock struck zero, then Texas should get a big box, maybe some of those little foam balls, and mail the trophy to Lincoln.

i was more upset about that one DPI in particular, but both were bad. We got called on that one that was perfectly legal. Faceguarding but no contact. Almost exactly the same thing happened to Paul and there was no flag. Oh well, can you imagine the heat Mack Brown would be under right now if they had not had that second?

It was a heartbreaking loss. Did we get cheated? Nope. Should our players and coaches have been disappointed. hellyeah. But C Pelini's comments show a lack of character that Nebraska football has never been about. You can rant and rave in private with officials, conference officials or your spouse if she doesn't have a nine iron handy, but you don't scream about the team that just defeated you "being ashamed" and claim you have been "cheated". TO obviously was upset to lose, but reading the story I don't think he shared any of the feelings of being "cheated" or thinking Tejas didn't deserve to win. He just wanted to calm down Bo and have Pelinis feeling better about things before they made comments that were detrimental to NU's football program. Both need to learn to keep their mouth shut when the only thing they can do is come off looking childish and classless.

I know some of you point to tantrums and claim that is the fire in the belly that we need and everyone in the program needs that and it will take us to the next level. My take is that we need the fire in the belly alright, but channel it ON THE FIELD to make good plays and not have to whine about losing or not getting this call or that one. Every team in every game thinks that a call went against them. What we have to do in addition to 'restoring the order' is restoring the class of the Nebraska football program.

It has become almost to be expected that Bo will throw a hissy fit about something during a game or berate those who are on the same team for the camera. We have a ways to go. Whether they fire Watson or get better offensive players, at some point Bo and his bro are going to have to grow up or poor sportsmanship will become what NU is known for. I would be concerned if I were Bo after watching the Fat Magino go from hero to "hotheaded coach we need to get rid of" --in one season of losing, that the same fate awaits. Fans and ADs overlook a lot when winning. But have a clunker of a season and if you are an AH, they'll boot you right out the door.

Let's win a bowl game and win it with CLASS!

Listen it's unfortunate that we lost that game, we had every chance to win it, but made mistakes at a key point in the game. The players came with their heart and soul on fire for this game and played one helluva a game. Well I take that back, the defensive and special team players came to play, but the offense was disappointing once again. Watching the replay over and over again on Sportscenter there was time left on the clock. It sucks, but Texas didn't cheat IMO, they did what they had to, to win the game. Still sucks though, I allowed myself to believe towards the end of the game that we might actually win a Big XII Title.

His emotions burst.

/shakes head.

Bo letting his emotions get the better of him shouldn't surprise anybody. He does need to learn that he's not an assistant anymore. Like it or not head coaches do need to be a little more level headed than his assistants.

Speaking as an opposing fan, I think the passion and fire is great, but I do agree that yelling cheaters at the opposing team is crossing the line for a head coach. Pelini can obviously coach, now he just needs to mature a bit to become a great head coach. Too many incidents like this will damage the Husker reputation as a classy team.

i was more upset about that one DPI in particular, but both were bad. We got called on that one that was perfectly legal. Faceguarding but no contact. Almost exactly the same thing happened to Paul and there was no flag. Oh well, can you imagine the heat Mack Brown would be under right now if they had not had that second?

That is a 15 yarder in college. No contact necessary.

That is a 15 yarder in college. No contact necessary.

I thought faceguarding was ok in college, but it looked to me like he did bump him too. I did a quick google and see this: http://en.allexperts.com/q/College-Footbal...ce-guarding.htm

I thought the one PI was uncatchable, but on the replay I saw our guy bump the receiver OB as the ball was in the air. I didn't see a good enough view to know if the receiver could've jumped and caught it had he not been interfered with. I thought it was BS at the time but after the replay I think it looked uncatchable because the receiver was interfered with so early in the pass and that kept him from getting close to the ball.

The other Haag PI, he cleared gave Shipley a shove as the ball was coming. An easy call to make.

From the World Herald

http://www.omaha.com/article/20091205/BIGR...69849/-1/bigred

According to Walt Anderson, officials did the right thing.

Here is some info about Walt Anderson: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Anderson...can_football%29

"he became a dentist and received a Doctorate of Dentistry from the University of Texas Dental Branch"

He does not sound unbiased to me.

... or unqualified.