Latest Heisman projections from StiffArmTrophy.com

Nexus

it's crazy, just a week ago, i would have been stoked with just SUH being invited, now i will be disappointed if he does not win. husker fandom is like a drug, tolerance goes up, and the satisfaction goes down (just like i would have been happy just winning the north at the beginning of the season, by the end i was disappointed we were not BIG XII champs). at least he is in contention and getting a lot of attention.

it's crazy, just a week ago, i would have been stoked with just SUH being invited, now i will be disappointed if he does not win. husker fandom is like a drug, tolerance goes up, and the satisfaction goes down (just like i would have been happy just winning the north at the beginning of the season, by the end i was disappointed we were not BIG XII champs). at least he is in contention and getting a lot of attention.

I NEED MORE OF THAT DRUG!!!

I totally agree.

If Suh doesn't win the Heisman I'm gonna almost be :steam . I bet he ends up with the most first place votes, but doesn't win. The people who are willing to vote for a defensive player put him first. Otherwise he's not even on voters' ballots. Not many 2nd or 3rd place votes. Ask how that went for Jesus Tebow last year.

this is exactly how i feel.

Well, Ingram is pulling away. The only problem I have with Ingram is, it's hard to tell if he's really great, or he's just got a great line. Against Florida, Ingram had 113 yards, but just 4.0 ypc. His backups got significant playing time, and they averaged considerably more (Richardson - 7.3, Upchurch - 8.1).

Once again, the Heisman voters have gone with the best QB or RB on a top five team. And I'm not even sure Ingram holds that honor.

Mark Ingram (52) 1218 43.8%

Toby Gerhart (51) 1127, 40.6%

Ndamukong Suh (74) 1089, 39.2%

Colt McCoy (37) 862, 31.0%

Well, Ingram is pulling away. The only problem I have with Ingram is, it's hard to tell if he's really great, or he's just got a great line. Against Florida, Ingram had 113 yards, but just 4.0 ypc. His backups got significant playing time, and they averaged considerably more (Richardson - 7.3, Upchurch - 8.1).

Once again, the Heisman voters have gone with the best QB or RB on a top five team. And I'm not even sure Ingram holds that honor.

Mark Ingram (52) 1218 43.8%

Toby Gerhart (51) 1127, 40.6%

Ndamukong Suh (74) 1089, 39.2%

Colt McCoy (37) 862, 31.0%

I did see where they stiffarmtrophy guy noted that the closest they have ever gotten is within 3% of the actual vote. So, probably still within margin of error. Long shot I'm sure, but still holding out hope.

@Heisman.com FIFY

"The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player quarterback or running back on a highly-ranked, national powerhouse team whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, hard work and the ability to score lots of touchdowns."

@Heisman.com FIFY

"The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player quarterback or running back on a highly-ranked, national powerhouse team whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, hard work and the ability to score lots of touchdowns."

lol...that's about right. How about just making a Defensive Heisman trophy if the D guys are never gonna get a shot.

Really irks me that so many folks left Suh off their ballots completely.

I still feel we are some what responsible for that. The university should have promoted him for Hypsman. I Have not seen anything that would indicate they did.

That being said, the university is as guilty for only following skill player athletes.

Not being negative, but we actually fit into the same mold, of only promoting offensive players.

I still feel we are some what responsible for that. The university should have promoted him for Hypsman. I Have not seen anything that would indicate they did.

That being said, the university is as guilty for only following skill player athletes.

Not being negative, but we actually fit into the same mold, of only promoting offensive players.

True to some extent, but I also don't think legitimate Heisman talk started until late in the season. We also never hyped Crouch all that much compared to many teams. I think if the University or Athletic Dept. had any idea how this would be playing out they would have definitely been more pro-active. The Tebow, McCoy and even Ingram pushes came early in the season.

UNL did put up the SUH93 website, but not until rather late in the season.

No. Those ridiculous, crass promotional campaigns are for programs with far less dignitas than Nebraska.

They made a website for Suh. It contained his info, and it wasn't hard to find. Anyone who wanted to educate themselves enough to make an informed decision didn't have to search long before they voted.

Which supports my thoughts on us being guilty of not believeing a defensive player should be considered.

If that had been up late last year like other programs do, he might have had a real chance. Being the underdog he needed all the help he could get.

We have promoted players in the past.

Which supports my thoughts on us being guilty of not believeing a defensive player should be considered.

If that had been up late last year like other programs do, he might have had a real chance. Being the underdog he needed all the help he could get.

I don't recall a lot of hype surrounding Crouch being put out by the University. Maybe I'm wrong. I just don't think we've been the type of school to push like a USC, Oregon, Notre Dame, Florida, etc.

Sometimes players emerge during the season. Gerhart wasn't being pimped by Stanford until late October, and I don't really recall much of a campaign from them, either.

Nebraska is not at fault for not promoting Suh. If anyone is at fault it is the people who should know football so they have a vote, but who do not know football well enough to grasp how transcendent Suh is.

Let's lay what blame there might be in the right spot, shall we?