Latest Heisman projections from StiffArmTrophy.com

Nexus

yes, it will suck if suh doesn't win but COME ON PEOPLE he's a defensive end and he's finishing second.

i don't care who you are, that pretty freakin' impressive for a kid who plays in a position that doesn't lend itself to easily quantifiable stats.

suh is going to be like tommie fraizer in that he'll be the standard by which future defensive players are going to be judged.

"yah, he's a good tackle but he dosn't have the motor SUH had."

"He's a good linebacker, but SUH had more tackles his junior year and he was on the line!"

"he's coming on quick. he may be better than SUH... but i doubt it."

yes, it will suck if suh doesn't win but COME ON PEOPLE he's a defensive end and he's finishing second.

i don't care who you are, that pretty freakin' impressive for a kid who plays in a position that doesn't lend itself to easily quantifiable stats.

suh is going to be like tommie fraizer in that he'll be the standard by which future defensive players are going to be judged.

"He's a good linebacker, but SUH had more tackles his junior year and he was on the line!"

Fail.

Fail.

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

http://stiffarmtrophy.com/

Just updated again...Suh inching closer!

M Ingram 68 81 43 192 409 1232 44.3%

N Suh 91 38 45 174 394 1139 41.0%

T Gerhart 60 62 59 181 363 1129 40.6%

What do they have 1/3 of the ballot? I know they think they have a statistical number to accommodate region bias and other considerations, but come on. Is 7 years enough of a trial to get an accurate sample? I think not. better watch tomorrow

When Ingram wins it tonight, everyone remember: Against a Florida defense without their best lineman (first-round draft pick Carlos Dunlap), here are Ingram's numbers compared to his backups:

Mark Ingram - 28 carries for 113 yards (4.0 yards per carry)

Richardson & Upchurch - 18 carries for 137 yards (7.6 yards per carry)

This is the great performance :sarcasm that won Ingram the Heisman. Ingram is not even first in his own conference in YPG or YPC. He is first in the SEC only in Rushing TD (15), although nationally he ranks 14th, well behind Gerhart (26) and a handful of other backs.

Two types of voters won Ingram the Heisman this season. First is the 60-70 voters who voted before the conference championship games. A large percentage of these had Ingram in the top three, while very few of them had Suh in the top three. Second is the voters who stuck by the idea that the Heisman is for the best QB or RB on a national title contending team. These people (probably between 100-200 of them) were focused only on McCoy, Tebow and Ingram going into the final week. Since the former two both played like crap, Ingram won many first-place votes from these type of voters by default.

When Ingram wins it tonight, everyone remember: Against a Florida defense without their best lineman (first-round draft pick Carlos Dunlap), here are Ingram's numbers compared to his backups:

Mark Ingram - 28 carries for 113 yards (4.0 yards per carry)

Richardson & Upchurch - 18 carries for 137 yards (7.6 yards per carry)

This is the great performance :sarcasm that won Ingram the Heisman. Ingram is not even first in his own conference in YPG or YPC. He is first in the SEC only in Rushing TD (15), although nationally he ranks 14th, well behind Gerhart (26) and a handful of other backs.

Two types of voters won Ingram the Heisman this season. First is the 60-70 voters who voted before the conference championship games. A large percentage of these had Ingram in the top three, while very few of them had Suh in the top three. Second is the voters who stuck by the idea that the Heisman is for the best QB or RB on a national title contending team. These people (probably between 100-200 of them) were focused only on McCoy, Tebow and Ingram going into the final week. Since the former two both played like crap, Ingram won many first-place votes from these type of voters by default.

I think it also helps Ingram's case that Bama has never had a Heisman winner. So there's a sympathy vote factor to it as well.