A worrying thought...

Let's be honest husker fans, we all trust the Pelinis, we trust them because frankly they're the sh*t. Bo knows what's good for Nebraska.

That being said, my mom (Biggest husker fan I know) and I were discussing the game this afternoon and she brought up a worrying thought..."How bad must Cody Green be if we continue going back to Zac Lee?"

Now that got me thinking, obviously we in red are clamoring for SOMETHING...ANYTHING to give our offense, well, ANY sort of hope, and that starts with the QB, so we've been calling for Cody. But if it's true that we trust Bo to know what he's doing, and if it's true that everyone, Pelini included, realizes how poorly Zac is playing out there (Along with the rest of the offense, granted) then shouldn't it logically follow that Zac is the lesser of the two evils we have for QB?

Now, I'm not talking smack about Cody, frankly, we haven't seen him play enough to get any kind of idea how good (Or bad) he really is. But it's an intersting thought, and frankly, a scary one, that Zac might really be the best we have, or else you'd figure that he'd be gone already...

Thoughts?

(FYI - This is merely an academic question, so if you're p*ssed about it...get over it, lol)

Let's be honest husker fans, we all trust the Pelinis, we trust them because frankly they're the sh*t. Bo knows what's good for Nebraska.

That being said, my mom (Biggest husker fan I know) and I were discussing the game this afternoon and she brought up a worrying thought..."How bad must Cody Green be if we continue going back to Zac Lee?"

Now that got me thinking, obviously we in red are clamoring for SOMETHING...ANYTHING to give our offense, well, ANY sort of hope, and that starts with the QB, so we've been calling for Cody. But if it's true that we trust Bo to know what he's doing, and if it's true that everyone, Pelini included, realizes how poorly Zac is playing out there (Along with the rest of the offense, granted) then shouldn't it logically follow that Zac is the lesser of the two evils we have for QB?

Now, I'm not talking smack about Cody, frankly, we haven't seen him play enough to get any kind of idea how good (Or bad) he really is. But it's an intersting thought, and frankly, a scary one, that Zac might really be the best we have, or else you'd figure that he'd be gone already...

Thoughts?

(FYI - This is merely an academic question, so if you're p*ssed about it...get over it, lol)

I think you answered your own question with the above bolded statement.

Just know that there will be a QB battle in the off-season.

The kid's a TRUE freshman, and its not the Osbone offense where there's only 5 different plays run out of 10 different formations. This offense is too damn complicated for a 1st year player to take on. Lee knows it better, but his talent can't back it up, Green is obviously a better talent, but aint got the Off. figgered out yet. Hence Sam Keller and Joe Ganz. It was Keller's 1st full season (he played scout team his bench transfer year) running the offense and Ganz 4th. That's why Ganz made him look pitiful when he got his shot. This is a "ride the bench for 2 or 3 years to learn, they play 1 or 2 years when you have it down" offense. and that's what scares me. We never really sit on one guy to build a substantial run with liek we did Frazier and Crouch, cuz they cant handle mentally. It's a constant game of musical QB's, playin only juniors and seniors cuz of their mental grasp on an offense that frankly, I beleive is just too complicated for college football. Now i know theyve simplified over the last 6 weeks and went to power, but our current personnel is not built for that either.

The kid's a TRUE freshman, and its not the Osbone offense where there's only 5 different plays run out of 10 different formations. This offense is too damn complicated for a 1st year player to take on. Lee knows it better, but his talent can't back it up, Green is obviously a better talent, but aint got the Off. figgered out yet. Hence Sam Keller and Joe Ganz. It was Keller's 1st full season (he played scout team his bench transfer year) running the offense and Ganz 4th. That's why Ganz made him look pitiful when he got his shot. This is a "ride the bench for 2 or 3 years to learn, they play 1 or 2 years when you have it down" offense. and that's what scares me. We never really sit on one guy to build a substantial run with liek we did Frazier and Crouch, cuz they cant handle mentally. It's a constant game of musical QB's, playin only juniors and seniors cuz of their mental grasp on an offense that frankly, I beleive is just too complicated for college football. Now i know theyve simplified over the last 6 weeks and went to power, but our current personnel is not built for that either.

Spano?

Spano for starter next year!

:facepalm:

Good Lord, are you like 13 years old?

Thoughts?

Could not have said it better myself.

Friend, it all starts up front. You and your mom should talk about how bad the O-line is.

It doesn't take a PHD in football to see that our problems on offense include more than the QB play.

:yeah

Not to long ago, a lot of us were praising Zac for rebounding after his struggles & benching earlier in the season. Sure, part of that was because Zac was motivated to prove everyone wrong. But in the previous couple of games, our offensive line did fairly decent. This allowed more from the running game, and eventually gave him the time to throw. Against Texas, well, summarized in one simple word; were manhandled.