Texas shouldn't have gotten a 'second' chance

I was there, saw it in person .. We got jobbed.

Really? It seemed pretty cut and dry that there was one second left when the ball landed :dunno

It sucks, I agree

I know that the clock was close enough to go either way from where I was sitting but like I said. Put time back consistently when it happens all the time , or just dont do it.. Thats the part I am having a tough time getting over but no worries. I am over it and looking forward to the Holiday bowl and next season..

Devils advocate.. They put 1 second on the clock because the play was over.. Supposedly..

What about every time during a game a second or two runs after a play is over. It happens ALL the time. Is it reviewed every time and then the clock corrected consistently??...

NO.

Call it all the time or dont call it at all.

this is the only thing still eating me today......... this is the most logical approach to the issue and it is a legitimate gripe.

I'm a Penn State fan by birth, but a Longhorn fan by marriage. Believe me, I understand the frustration you Nebraska fans feel. I know it's difficult, maybe impossible just 24 hours after the game, to have some objectivity. But a lot of the comments are a bit over the top. The complaints about the clock at the end of the game always revolve around whether the officials had "the right" to put the second on the clock, never whether it was the correct thing to do or not. Clearly, there was at least 1, if not 2 seconds left when McCoy's pass went out of bounds. You talk about how great your defense was, and it was fantastic, but fail to realize that Texas had twice as many yards against your fantastic defense, as your offense had against the UT defense. Think maybe the Texas D might have had something to do with that? UT had triple the third down conversions, nearly 4.5 x as much passing yardage, 3.5x as many first downs, and 4 minutes more time of possession against your fantastic defense. You complain about the bad calls, yet seem to forget the kickoff that was called down on the UT 1 yard line when the replay clearly showed the UT kick returner did not have possession of the ball when his knee was down. That gave you the field position for one of your field goals. You gnash your teeth about the breaks, and fail to remember the UT receiver dropping a wide-open pass he could have walked into the end zone with, while Denard was still back upfield looking for his jock.

Bottom line is, the calls went both ways, the breaks went both ways. There was no grand conspiracy, the game wasn't rigged, and the officials didn't hatch a last-second coupe to make sure Texas got to the BCS championship game. Nebraska fans are renowned for being among the most fair-minded and classy in college football. I ask you to keep it that way. You've got a great team to be proud of, and that will be a force to be reckoned with in the Big 12 next season.

Where the hell did this come from? You blow up the numbers to sound like it was our defense that got whipped. How about this. We had 3.5x as many rushing yards and 9x as many sacks. <_<

You, and the previous two posts, are making my point. You can't say that the reason you lost is because the Nebraska defense was great, but the Nebraska offense stunk. I can say the reason the game was so close was the same: The Texas defense played great (holding the NU offense to half the yardage the NU defense held Texas to) and the Texas offense stunk (and even though it generated better offensive statistics than the NU offense and that you seem to think are so bogus), the refs made crummy calls, and lousy breaks like a dropped wide-open TD pass. I'm not trying to mock you, put you down, or anything else. I'm just trying to bring a semblance of rationality to the discussion. Granted, you may not want that, but them's the facts.

I'm a Penn State fan by birth, but a Longhorn fan by marriage. Believe me, I understand the frustration you Nebraska fans feel. I know it's difficult, maybe impossible just 24 hours after the game, to have some objectivity. But a lot of the comments are a bit over the top. The complaints about the clock at the end of the game always revolve around whether the officials had "the right" to put the second on the clock, never whether it was the correct thing to do or not. Clearly, there was at least 1, if not 2 seconds left when McCoy's pass went out of bounds. You talk about how great your defense was, and it was fantastic, but fail to realize that Texas had twice as many yards against your fantastic defense, as your offense had against the UT defense. Think maybe the Texas D might have had something to do with that? UT had triple the third down conversions, nearly 4.5 x as much passing yardage, 3.5x as many first downs, and 4 minutes more time of possession against your fantastic defense. You complain about the bad calls, yet seem to forget the kickoff that was called down on the UT 1 yard line when the replay clearly showed the UT kick returner did not have possession of the ball when his knee was down. That gave you the field position for one of your field goals. You gnash your teeth about the breaks, and fail to remember the UT receiver dropping a wide-open pass he could have walked into the end zone with, while Denard was still back upfield looking for his jock.

Bottom line is, the calls went both ways, the breaks went both ways. There was no grand conspiracy, the game wasn't rigged, and the officials didn't hatch a last-second coupe to make sure Texas got to the BCS championship game. Nebraska fans are renowned for being among the most fair-minded and classy in college football. I ask you to keep it that way. You've got a great team to be proud of, and that will be a force to be reckoned with in the Big 12 next season.

Where the hell did this come from? You blow up the numbers to sound like it was our defense that got whipped. How about this. We had 3.5x as many rushing yards and 9x as many sacks. <_<

You, and the previous two posts, are making my point. You can't say that the reason you lost is because the Nebraska defense was great, but the Nebraska offense stunk. I can say the reason the game was so close was the same: The Texas defense played great (holding the NU offense to half the yardage the NU defense held Texas to) and the Texas offense stunk (and even though it generated better offensive statistics than the NU offense and that you seem to think are so bogus), the refs made crummy calls, and lousy breaks like a dropped wide-open TD pass. I'm not trying to mock you, put you down, or anything else. I'm just trying to bring a semblance of rationality to the discussion. Granted, you may not want that, but them's the facts.

You conveniently ignore the rest of the 2009 season, which puts the performances of the offenses and defenses into a greater context. If you've watched either team prior to Saturday's game, you know that the Nebraska's offense is completely pathetic against anyone outside of the Sun Belt, while Texas' offense is actually very good. So with that knowledge, it's pretty obvious that the performances Saturday would lead you to think Nebraska's defense performed exceptionally, while Texas' defense only did what just about every other defense did... make our offense look like a steaming pile.

Please don't perceive this as me being an unclassy fan, but you should probably realize that this loss really hurt and that it might be a little soon for a lot of us to want to rationally discuss the game with opposing fans. Especially opposing fans that simply reinforce what we already know: our offense needs a lot of work. Some might perceive that kind of conversation, initiated by someone not a Husker fan, as rubbing it in our faces.

Just sayin' don't expect everyone to embrace you or this type of discussion with a handshake or even an open mind. <_<

GO HUSKERS.

You conveniently ignore the rest of the 2009 season, which puts the performances of the offenses and defenses into a greater context. If you've watched either team prior to Saturday's game, you know that the Nebraska's offense is completely pathetic against anyone outside of the Sun Belt, while Texas' offense is actually very good. So with that knowledge, it's pretty obvious that the performances Saturday would lead you to think Nebraska's defense performed exceptionally, while Texas' defense only did what just about every other defense did... make our offense look like a steaming pile.

thank you for saving me the time and energy.

What he said.

What he said.

I had a wierd thought last night. What if when the clock ticked down to 0:00, every single Nebraska player and coach and fan ran onto the field to celebrate? Would there simply be way too much chaos for the officials to "review" anything? Would they have just ended the game right there? Because it would be WAY too much trouble to clear that field of Huskers so they can give Texas the game. What do you say? :dunno

I had a wierd thought last night. What if when the clock ticked down to 0:00, every single Nebraska player and coach and fan ran onto the field to celebrate? Would there simply be way too much chaos for the officials to "review" anything? Would they have just ended the game right there? Because it would be WAY too much trouble to clear that field of Huskers so they can give Texas the game. What do you say? :dunno

I think I just saw a game (Arizona State?) where the fans rushed the field and they took the time to clear it and run the last play. And if people refused to clear, all they do is penalize us for delay of game.

Devils advocate.. They put 1 second on the clock because the play was over.. Supposedly..

What about every time during a game a second or two runs after a play is over. It happens ALL the time. Is it reviewed every time and then the clock corrected consistently??...

NO.

Call it all the time or dont call it at all.

The same thing happens in basketball, but they only review the clock at the end of the period when it really matters.

They could review every spot of the ball, but they only take a look on ones that are way off, affect first downs, or on the goal lines.

Sorry guys, I'm as big a Nebraska fan as anyone on this forum, but there was one second left on that damn clock, and I knew that the officials would get the call right on looking at the replay.

One fvcking second........:(

What should piss everyone off most about this game is that an IDIOT kicker couldnt keep the ball in bounds on the kickoff.....how easy is it to kick the ball straight ??? The blame goes to him, and he should be thrown off the team for it

Also, its time to get a new offensive coordinator in here, as well as a new quarterback, because Zac Lee isnt the real deal

Sorry guys, I'm as big a Nebraska fan as anyone on this forum, but there was one second left on that damn clock, and I knew that the officials would get the call right on looking at the replay.

One fvcking second........:(

What should piss everyone off most about this game is that an IDIOT kicker couldnt keep the ball in bounds on the kickoff.....how easy is it to kick the ball straight ??? The blame goes to him, and he should be thrown off the team for it

Also, its time to get a new offensive coordinator in here, as well as a new quarterback, because Zac Lee isnt the real deal

Not even close. Adi is typically money when it comes to putting the back in the back of the endzone. He had one bad kick...get over it.