Biggest concern about the H. Bowl

Sker68

Having watched the intence way the D played in the OU & UT games and came back with a little letdown after- Will it happen for the bowl game? We will own AZ if we play with the same effort as the OU & UT game.

The difference is, they'll have had 25 days to recover versus 7.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the biggest concern our Offense???

:yeah

Our offense needs to get it together and put scores up. If Lee is not doing it, I fully expect to see Green prepared and in the game. Our defense needs to show up big and play lights out because they will be hyped to do so (a lot of us assume that will be automatic and we can not have a let down). Arizona has a good defense. You don't think they will want to take the game over and show what defense they can play under Stoops? It will not be easy to score on them. That is what has me concerned that we can keep play great D and hold AZ down on offense but a score here, a FG there, and a bad turnover, etc. and AZ has 17-20 points...can we get over 20 pts. in this game? This one should be good...usually the Holiday Bowl is a shootout but we may have a tight one throughout with the defenses...will come down to who can execute the timely score. Thus, our offense must get it going for this game.

Arizona's defense can be scored on, with a fast hitting offense. They can also put up a lot of points if, their QB gets a little time to get his passes off. We recruited a few of their players, I wish we had gotten. Arizona has speed at the skill positions and the defense is of course something we have faced before in toughness. The Stoops boys have put together a D that plays good hard hitting football, unlike most PAC 10 teams. This team is probably faster than Texas overall. Should be a good game.

GBR!!!

Shawn Watson is a POS & needs to be fired. Nebraska would be in the National Championship, or at least 12-1 & in the Fiesta Bowl if it wasnt for this overpaid clown

But his offense is "young"

You were probably being sarcastic... not sure. But...

the problem is not just coaching --- maybe not even coaching primarily. We, seemingly, do not have a legit D1 QB on the squad. At least, we do not have a legitimate D1 QB ready to play (we cannot, at this point comment on Spano or Martinez). But neither Lee nor Green --- at least where they are at this point --- would overly succeed in any offensive scheme. Our OL is physically fat and not very strong. They are typically manhandled. Our WR are average, at best. Our QB locks on the receiver and has seemingly never heard of going through a progression.

Basically, it appears that Watson is trying to contain the damage. If he let Lee and/or Green sling the ball around --- if he opened up the offense --- the likelihood would be a slew of turnovers and short fields for our opponents. So... he knows our only hope for victory is keeping the opponent under 10 or so points and hope to eke something out. If he opened up the offense the turnovers would lead to points for the other team. It seems to me that the play calling is designed to limit the damage that our offense can cause.

Give Watson some tools --- a QB like say.... Joey Ganz --- and a Watson-led offense can be productive. It has been in the past and likely will be in the future. IF, he gets some players.