Texas Message Boards

Oh, and apparently their defense looked darn good against us because they held us to 106 yards....someone should tell them that's not an accomplishment :bang

"The Cornhuskers (9-4) had only 106 total yards, their lowest total in 25 years."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200912050023

I undertsand that your O had its issues this year, but I don't think you are giving the Texas D much credit for stonewalling you in the CCG. No one else this year managed to do what Texas did - even when Helu & Burkhead were dinged up.

Oh, and apparently their defense looked darn good against us because they held us to 106 yards....someone should tell them that's not an accomplishment :bang

"The Cornhuskers (9-4) had only 106 total yards, their lowest total in 25 years."

I undertsand that your O had its issues this year, but I don't think you are giving the Texas D much credit for stonewalling you in the CCG. No one else this year managed to do what Texas did - even when Helu & Burkhead were dinged up.

Your defense played great, no doubt. However, you must keep the 100 yards stat in context with the knowledge that this was the most conservatively called game all year. (Oklahoma might have been close . . .) The game plan was one notch above having Zac Lee take a knee on the first three downs and then punting. Come to think of it . . . I wonder if we should try that against Arizona?

It's all about the points. You gave up 12 points to us, more than Oklahoma or Iowa State gave up, and we played both at home. In your home turf, with home-field advantage, you should have been able to hold an offense this inept to three or six points. We scored only five points less against you than we scored against K-State and only three points less than we scored against VT.

Hey, you can pat yourselves on your backs all day on your defensive effort if you want to do that - I won't stop you. It wouldn't be my advice though, because then you'd probably overestimate your strengths going into the 'Bama game. Our quarterback can't throw, so much so that they try not to make him. This game was all about the offense just holding on and waiting for a break from our defense. ;)

It's all about the points. You gave up 12 points to us, more than Oklahoma or Iowa State gave up, and we played both at home. In your home turf, with home-field advantage, you should have been able to hold an offense this inept to three or six points. We scored only five points less against you than we scored against K-State and only three points less than we scored against VT.

Well, to be fair, the Texas O spotted you 6 points. Your first two field goals had nothing to do with your O.

:yeah

Wow, Knapplc just turned that statistic around! :dumdum

Well, to be fair, the Texas O spotted you 6 points. Your first two field goals had nothing to do with your O.

He does have a hell of a point there.