QB in Holiday Bowl

HANC

Okay, now that everyone has had 2 days to be pi$$ed, point fingers, break things, etc.....

Serious question for FANS, (knowing that we have zero influence on decision or zero access to practice)

Should Bo use this month of practice to get Cody Green ready to start or at least play 1/2 of the bowl game?

IMO, yes......

If you think that Green "may" be your starter next season, then IMO, you get him ready to play vs Arizona. I understand that the offensive woes aren't all on Zac Lee's shoulders, but how could the offense get any worse with Green at QB. If you are only asking Lee to hand-off, option, and an occassional play-action pass, surely Green can handle that. Let's see how this kid handles a decent/good opponent and help him get ready for next season. Plus, this should really motivate him and Lee to work like crazy. It would give him a little excitement (hope) and force Lee to get better or ride the pine.

** Before anyone who is always looking for "controversy", please don't throw the "Bo knows better than we do" remark out there......we know that....this is an OPINION/DISCUSSION ISSUE.

Okay, now that everyone has had 2 days to be pi$$ed, point fingers, break things, etc.....

Serious question for FANS, (knowing that we have zero influence on decision or zero access to practice)

Should Bo use this month of practice to get Cody Green ready to start or at least play 1/2 of the bowl game?

IMO, yes......

If you think that Green "may" be your starter next season, then IMO, you get him ready to play vs Arizona. I understand that the offensive woes aren't all on Zac Lee's shoulders, but how could the offense get any worse with Green at QB. If you are only asking Lee to hand-off, option, and an occassional play-action pass, surely Green can handle that. Let's see how this kid handles a decent/good opponent and help him get ready for next season. Plus, this should really motivate him and Lee to work like crazy. It would give him a little excitement (hope) and force Lee to get better or ride the pine.

** Before anyone who is always looking for "controversy", please don't throw the "Bo knows better than we do" remark out there......we know that....this is an OPINION/DISCUSSION ISSUE.

LTW :dunno

Lee.

There is WAY that Green can be worse.

If we start Green we will be running the ball 85% of the time. We may do so regardless but the times we throw, he can't be counted on to make a play through the air. Lee at least gives us a prayer in that department right now.

uhmmm we've been running the ball at about 90% lately. I really can't put up with another game of watching one of Lee's long "duck" throws getting picked off.

IMO, yes......

Cody Green has to get a shot! He has legs and confidence, something that Lee lacks. Honestly Zac Lee could not hit the red side of a barn. Yes, I know there are people out there who want to ride me for calling out a player...But even the Omaha World Herald indirectly points it out. I remember reading an article saying Zac Lees deep balls that were intercepted were extremely off but not costly because they acted as punts. Plain and simple Cody has to get experience. And as far as today article in the World Herald about Watson saying that Zac Lee is quote unquote growing is BS. The kid came from a JuCO. You dont see anyone stating Asante needs to grow and is inexperienced.

Cody Green you get my vote!

Lee.

If we start Green we will be running the ball 85% of the time. We may do so regardless but the times we throw, he can't be counted on to make a play through the air. Lee at least gives us a prayer in that department right now.

Really? I guess you didn't watch the Texas game. :dunno

you can add on the Virginia Tech game, Texas Tech game, Iowa St. game, Missouri game (except for the 4th quarter).

IMO, yes......

Cody Green has to get a shot! He has legs and confidence, something that Lee lacks. Honestly Zac Lee could not hit the red side of a barn. Yes, I know there are people out there who want to ride me for calling out a player...But even the Omaha World Herald indirectly points it out. I remember reading an article saying Zac Lees deep balls that were intercepted were extremely off but not costly because they acted as punts. Plain and simple Cody has to get experience. And as far as today article in the World Herald about Watson saying that Zac Lee is quote unquote growing is BS. The kid came from a JuCO. You dont see anyone stating Asante needs to grow and is inexperienced.

Cody Green you get my vote!

Lee.

You have to be joking. Completing 30% of your passes warrents some playing time from the backup. He completed 6 of 19. He completed 3 to the other team. I'm sorry, but that's about as pathetic as it gets. No way does Green perform worse than that, even as a frosh. We've got 3 weeks to help him learn all 12 plays we run now. I think he'd be fine.