Turner Gill to Kansas

NoLongerN

i dunno...that "retaining current staff" thing can lead to problems and lots of questioning. i believe its best to clean house, get allllll current and possible future bad feelings over with and start completely over if youre truly looking for a new start.

I should rephrase, as that is a fair point. There are a few key people that if he retians them, he retains his whol recruiting class. I did not mean all of them, but I did not say that. The ones to consider keeping...

Miller

Bowen

Beatty

There are some other good ones too, but if he keeps 2 or 3 of those, he will do well. Miller is only a year in, Beatty is two, and Bowen has been at KU forever and worked hi way up. 2 are too new to be "Mangino" guys, 1 is a connection to the program and is a tireless and good recruiter. That is why I hope he at least keeps those guys....

Just read on Kansascity.com that former San Diego St HC and Oklahoma assistant Chuck Long will be Kansas' next OC. And some guy named Carl Torbush, a former North Carolina and Louisiana Tech HC will be his DC.

Not a bad group Turner is gathering so far. With two former head coaches and possibly more to come, it looks like this hire could be a lot "sexier" than those ungrateful Gayhawks fans realize. And just think, once Gill starts winning games for them we'll all have to endure the inevitable cries that they knew all along that Gill was the guy, and NU was foolish for not hiring him when they had the chance. :rolleyes:

Come on Jayhawk fans! Seriously, he probably hasn't even met his new team yet. Wow, stay class Lawrence. You don't deserve Turner.

Fire Turner Gill

Gill was not my first choice, but I am not sure that site represents many fans. I would say the Jayhawks were hoping for a bigger name, but are taking a wait and see attitiude. I am not sure I saw enough from Turner to feel like he is a sure thing by any means, but he did a nice job at Buffalo and we took a chance...

Did that with Roy Williams, worked well (left later for his alma mater, hmmmm....)

Did that with Terry Allen.... Disaster.

So we will see. I hope he does well, he seems like a wonderful person and it I hope it works out for all.