Offensive Changes

It is clear our offense has cost NU quite a bit this year - and now it continues to cost the program. I am wondering what the best reason for not making Offensive coaching changes prior to the bowl game is? It is apparent a few things are happening right now to the NU program due to it's offensive woes. First, we should be 11-1 in regular season if we could score touchdowns. We should be Big XII champions if we could score from 1st and goal.

Secondly, now we have guys (offensive) de-committing every time I pick up the paper. Reading between the lines, this appears to be a consequence of our offensive uncertainty. Everyone knows something will change in the offense next year. Now, whether that be staff or strategy, we don't know.

I think maybe things should happen now. Announce the offense is going to a new look or announce a staff change. I think Bo can call the same i-back dives that Watson has done in the past few games don't you? If not, there has to be someone on staff that can. I am not sure if at this point Watson really makes a difference?

Finally, we need to get recruiting hard. Get the kid from oregon and then focus on offensive players. Go grab the kid from Millard South, grab some big ugly guys for the o-line and then get another QB and a great tight end. Toughts?

I think you may start to see Nebraska recruit the type of kids we've always been able to recruit: the hard nosed, great motor, put it all out on the field guys who have made this program great. I don't think you will ever see Nebraska go back to passing more than they run.

I believe from here out that you will probably see Nebraska run the football 35-40 times a game and then pass 20 some times. I believe that we won't be as conservative as we have been, but that you won't see us transition back to the full Watson West-Coast/Spread. We might be headed for an offensive style similar to VaTechs.

I doubt any changes are forced this year with the staff. Bo is going to make a decision on philosophy and we are going to move forward. Watson may not like the philosophy change and start looking for other options after that. But I don't think anyone gets fired.

It's popular to blame coaches for a multitude of reasons, but a lot of our trouble stemmed from OL issues. (lack of depth, injuries, etc). We RS'd a couple of talented guys this year, and signed up a couple more. It's a process...

Just have some faith... Bo is a great coach - just imagine how much film he has broken down in his lifetime.... he knows where the discrepancies are in this team, and he will get them fixed.