Joe Ganz Will Be an Intern at Nebraska

Enhance

Look at it a couple ways, did Joe get along with Zac, and Spano or even some of the O lineman that are still here? might be hard for some to see him in a coaching role, 1 year removed from being one of their peers.

From Ganz's stints on USC and on Big Red Wrap Up, I've gotten the impression that him and the other quarterbacks got along extremely well. Plus, you'd be surprised how quickly a team will turn around and follow a guy like Ganz.

All things considered, the majority of guys that Ganz talked to and saw any sort of playing time with will be gone by the time he can coach, which will more than likely be Spring ball. 2 years of players are out the door and the youngers guys are ones he very rarely practiced with.

Ganz was really great for the team, and during a relatively rough time. Can you imagine what could have been if we had Ganz at QB with this Defense???

:rollin

Ganz had a bad play every game that put the defense in bad position or gave away a score. You took the good along with the bad. You just hoped the bad didn't lose the game right off. Oklahoma, Missou, Texas Tech, V - Tech.

The only great thing Ganz probably did with his Jekyll and Hyde was the Colorado game in 2007 where he could have saved Callahans job and he came out in the second half and gave the 11 point lead away in two plays.

Boulder, Colo. - A pair of interceptions and a blocked punt quickly turned a 35-24 Nebraska halftime lead into a 44-35 deficit, as Colorado scored 20 unanswered points during a 5:07

I think Ganz was a very good player on a very mediocre team (with a bad defense). He did a lot with what he had. And, his whole demeanor and attitude during a rough time in Husker history is something, as a fan, I greatly appreciate.

I think Ganz was a good but not great quarterback.

I'm guessing he was a pretty big fan of Shawn Watson's calls, being as they allowed him to be the leader of the nation's 11th rated offense and set a bunch of Nebraska records.

Which goes to show that this offense probably was a good — not great — quarterback away from contending for the national championship this year. Good quarterbacks develop a good rapport with their receivers, and our young receivers never had much of a chance to grow this year.

I think Ganz was a good but not great quarterback.

I'm guessing he was a pretty big fan of Shawn Watson's calls, being as they allowed him to be the leader of the nation's 11th rated offense and set a bunch of Nebraska records.

Which goes to show that this offense probably was a good — not great — quarterback away from contending for the national championship this year. Good quarterbacks develop a good rapport with their receivers, and our young receivers never had much of a chance to grow this year.

+1

Say what you will about Joe Ganz and getting the good along with bad, but the stats speak for themselves.

Joe Ganz: 25 TD passes, 11 interceptions, 3568 passing yards

Zac Lee: 13 TD's, 10 interceptions, 1970 passing yards

Say what you will about WR's and o-linemen that departed, but that is still a huge discrepancy. It couldn't hurt to have a guy coach our QB's who put up the most passing yards in Cornhusker history, even if that's not exactly a huge feat to reach.

Here my 2 cents. Joey wasnt the greatest qb ever to play and yes you always had to close your eyes when he threw a pass. But I will take that over this years qb play I would leave the room only to return when the D got back on the feild. But mostly his spirit work ethic and team leadership will help this offence the most. We never had anyone step up into the leadership role this season. Paul maybe there at the end..

Ganz should be a good coach, he was much more of an intangibles-guy as a qb. We'd be a one-loss BCS team with him still here.

I'm trying to think of which game we would have still lost with him as QB... Don't forget that TT only scored 24 points on our D :) That's essentially 0 relative to their other games :D