Missouri Recruiting is like a

EZ-E

Can you tell me that you don't think these players played are playing a big role on the MU team? Look I think we both agree that recruiting JUCO's in a big way is not a good thing, I think we disagree on why though. You seem to be making the assertion that JUCO players by and large are not good players. Most players who go to JUCOs are players that were good enough to play for a D1 school but couldn't either make the grade or had another issue preventing them from getting into the school. Either way these were pretty good HS players that D1 teams thought could play so to make the assertion that JUCO players are not talented by and large is an inaccurate statement. HS players who aren't quite talented enough to get onto a D1 roster don't go to a 2 year Community College, they go to a 4 year school on a level of play below the D1 level so they can get their degree. Recruiting a bunch of JUCOs is bad simply because it creates an unbalance in your team roster. You lose too many players too soon to fill the gaps with 4-5 year players effectively. You end up getting into a viscous cycle of having to recruit a lot of JUCOs each year and not getting enough HS players to develop into the program over 3-5 years.

Well then I guess we are in agreement in most of this. The issue here was someone else trying to tear down the MU recruiting class by saying that so and so player isn't really going to matter because they only had offers from X number of colleges. Then they made the mistake of comparing them to juco players who in this instance don't even play the same position on the field. As I stated in an earlier post, a ranking is just that, it's a ranking. It's an evaluation of a player based on their past performance not on their future. Just as there has been highly rated players who turned out to not be so good, there are under rated recruits who turn out to be pretty good. I made the point of observation which is that just because you are a good high school player doesn't mean you are going to be a good college player. Just because you are a good junior college player doesn't mean you will be a good DI player, and just because you are a good DI player doesn't mean you will be a good NFL player.

Yes MU has a good recruiting class this year, but does that mean they will have a bunch of great seasons in the future? Not necessarily, so what is the point in downplaying someone else's recruiting when the results on the field will be the only measure. Nothing said on this or any other message board will change that.

I agree with your sentiment, I didn't get your point on the JUCOs earlier and now I understand why you went there. I don't entirely agree with you, but I understand. You are right, the MU class does look pretty good this year. I think NU's is also pretty good. It will be fun to watch what these young men become as members of their respective teams.