Missouri Recruiting is like a

EZ-E

billyball - you've got to me kidding me. yes, i would like a couple of their receivers and franklin, but i am definitely taking Nebraska's current class over MUs. We need all the Defensive recruits we can get which is why we have so many. This year proved (and the cally years) you can't win championships without a defense. NU has 40 some kids coming back on offense and only 20 some on D......that is why we have so many D kids and why i would take our class.

Mu's class isn't anything special. Demien, Ealy, and Franklin are the only people currently committed that I would want......if they land Lucas I'd take him as well. Both Gabbert and Carter don't wow me - i was never really high on them when they were with Neb.

Fro - MU (and KU for that matter) are known for offering kids NU has already offered. Most of the kids your team offers first suck ( :lol: ), which is also why no one else offers them. Let's take Carter for example.....no offers, no stars...Neb offers = 4stars and a MU offer.

Of course Bo is still recruiting committed kids....who the hell isn't? We just had your team come and take two committed kids from us...what is your point?

If flying a helicopter into a high school stadium wins you recruits, so be it. Neb doesn't need fickle kids that jump on BS like that. I'll take hard workers that commit to a school because they know that school will make them a better football player.

Lastly, MU will never be the best program in the north. You might win a "north championship" every once and a while, but you have to find a defense before that will happen.....Neb scored 27 points on you, are you kidding me. Keep going after QBs and WRs!

I know, Weatherspoon and Alexander suck. :lol: Or Ziggy Hood, Brian Smith, Brad Smith, William Moore, Pig Brown, Adam Speiker, Justin Gage, ..... I could keep going. :dunno:lol:

if you can name me more than carter that MU came in on after i would be impressed. KU does that to everyone. Mu offers a kid, ku offers. NU offers, KU offers. Yes MU and NE offer some of the same kids. Mostly ones that EVERY school in the area offers. But for the most part they dont go head to head too often. Its just funny how nobody on here talks about Kony Ealy of Chase Rome and how Nebraska came in nearly 4 months later and MU.....

However on a side note, I couldnt help but laugh at the end of last year and this year as well. every time MU offered a LA state kid people would flip sayin we are just coping Bo because he worked at LSU. Well last year late in the recruiting game and right after the season MU hired away LSU's recruiting cordinator. Think maybe the ties to LA recruits and their coaches could be tied to that???

"Neb doesn't need fickle kids that jump on BS like that" This one is classic. Will Compton anyone. Or does Eckler do "blackshirt" fake tatoos for all your recruits. :lol: We need that because, as you know, MU has had no success in developing players and getting them to the next level. :wasted

And the whole point about the recruiting commited players is everyone does it. People on here cry foul like MU is some evil devil who just crept into your sons bedroom window while you were sleeping and kidnapped him. Bo is talking to committed recruits right now. I was just being smart SkerChicago. Hence the "insert sarcasm" Its all about how evil MU is and how stupid and non-moral the players on when you lose a kid to another school and all about how great Ne is and how that kid just wanted something better when they flip to NE. :facepalm:

also it cant all be about defense...I mean you might win a "north championship" every once and a while, but youll have to find an offense to do better....

Dont mention Pig Brown's name. He is a(n) (insert name here). After that shot on Purify in 2007 I lost all respect for him. I couldnt believe that.

Sure, kids might think the MU offense is attractive and a kid with the certain skill sets of certain WRs might want to play in that video game offense. Makes sense. TG wants to throw the ball 40 times a game and stand 30 yards deep in the shotgun. It does make sense that they would be able to attract QBs and WRs.

Since this was going to be a DEFENSE HEAVY YEAR FROM THE START which most dont understand because we keep hearing "Where are all the offensive recruits? Bo doesnt know what he is doing!" type comments. I would NEVER trade our class for theirs. I dont think MU will get CC. He has stated that being close to home is important and when it comes down to it I see TCU being his choice. No offense and no bias there, JMO because I have been through the recruiting process before. That fight for Lucas is not over, dont underestimate Stoops. I think Sasser will be a Tiger though. You can have TG. We dont need a skinny, short unathletic kid with a big arm. About Ealy? We have Vestal, Tobi, and Ashburn (Ashburn might be a 4* kid next evaluation process per Jeremy Crabtree); if we get Owa we wont lose sleep over Ealy who is an acedemic risk.

You make the comment about our offense being totally unattractive, well what about MU's defense? It is HORRIBLE!!!! We scored 27 points on you guys!!!!!!! If I was a Mizzou fan (Father forgive me for I have sinned) I would be more than concerned about the defense. Texas hung 41 on your defense and they were never in any danger of losing that game.

You guys complain about it being rainy that day we played you, well we played in the rain as well and our offense scored points. If Hagg doesnt fall down on that long bomb at the end of the half your "high powered" offense would have scored 3 points on the Blackshirts!!! :bonez

I have heard it all from Mizzou fans. IMO and the rest of the nation you will always be little brother. Maybe once in a great while you will be able to reach up and hang a shiner on us. We have a better coaching staff, harder working on the recruiting trail (per Jeremy Crabtree) than yours, and a broader recruiting base because of our tradition and tradition is what gets us the national exposure. Pinkle has brought that program up from nothing but he is the Big 12 version of Kirk Ferentz; 7-5 maybe have the perfect storm one year and go 10-2 but will never be elite.

You guys only say things bad about us because you can feel it too. You know that NU is going nowhere but up and very fast at that. :bonez:bonez:bonez

I know, Weatherspoon and Alexander suck. :lol: Or Ziggy Hood, Brian Smith, Brad Smith, William Moore, Pig Brown, Adam Speiker, Justin Gage, ..... I could keep going. :dunno:lol:

No one said your WRs aren't good. They are great. Weatherspoon is great and Ziggy is great. Speiker is OL...who the heck is talking about OL? Did Pig Brown make a team in the NFL? I know he got a tryout...just like Nate Swift and Todd Peterson - super example. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure this is a discussion about the future not what we accomplished in the past. We can certainly talk about the past if you want.

if you can name me more than carter that MU came in on after i would be impressed. KU does that to everyone. Mu offers a kid, ku offers. NU offers, KU offers. Yes MU and NE offer some of the same kids. Mostly ones that EVERY school in the area offers. But for the most part they dont go head to head too often. Its just funny how nobody on here talks about Kony Ealy of Chase Rome and how Nebraska came in nearly 4 months later and MU.....

Way to find hidden gems like Kony Ealy and Chase Rome - no program knew about these 2 4 star kids. Heck of a job MU! Of course, you offered these kids...bad example.

I can't name more this year - I'll give you that.

"Neb doesn't need fickle kids that jump on BS like that" This one is classic. Will Compton anyone. Or does Eckler do "blackshirt" fake tatoos for all your recruits. :lol: We need that because, as you know, MU has had no success in developing players and getting them to the next level. :wasted

What was fickle about Will Compton? A coach committing to a kid with a fake tat like Ek did with Compton is not fickle - it's a metaphor for how important Compton could be to our defense my friend. Landing a helicopter at a high school to impress a kid and the kid jumping on it is the definition of fickle. What in the heck does a helicopter have to do with football?

also it cant all be about defense...I mean you might win a "north championship" every once and a while, but youll have to find an offense to do better....

absolutely true. i just know that our defense will get us there more than your offense. besides, Neb has had 1 year of a down offense (and we won the north).....i'm not worried. Our defense also put us within 1 point of a conference championship, not to mention the rules had to be bent for that defense to NOT win it. when was the last time your offense put you that close to a conference championship? it sure as heck wasn't last year....in fact, your team shared the north championship with Neb. yes, you kicked the crap out of us during the season but you couldn't separate after and we still have a trophy. an offense alone cannot separate a team from the rest of the pack, a defense can (proven this year).

EZ-E

have heard it all from Mizzou fans. IMO and the rest of the nation you will always be little brother. Maybe once in a great while you will be able to reach up and hang a shiner on us. We have a better coaching staff, harder working on the recruiting trail (per Jeremy Crabtree) than yours, and a broader recruiting base because of our tradition and tradition is what gets us the national exposure. Pinkle has brought that program up from nothing but he is the Big 12 version of Kirk Ferentz; 7-5 maybe have the perfect storm one year and go 10-2 but will never be elite.

I don't believe that. And well, it's a message board for opinions so I'm cool with yours. But Nebraska has shown me nothing that makes me believe they are running away with the North. Just as you guys sit back and talk about what other lose and how they will not be as good, IMHO you defense will not touch what you did this year. Will they suck? Heck no. Will they be this dominant? No. You can't lose the talent you are losing. You just don't go and replace the best defensive player to come around since the 1980's like its no big deal. Suh was your defense. He feed it, he ran it. He created for it. Having him out of the lineup will affect your team just as much, if not more than losing a top QB.

As far as the other stuff you listed, it's all opinion and no facts. Which is fine, but I disagree. You have a better staff? Why do you guys constantly complain about your coaches and have at least 3 that nearly every husker fan wishes was fired. Bo know D, but that does not a staff make. He knows about as much offense as a coach from the 1920's. ;) As far as Crabtree...you should hear him on KC radio. He goes on and on about the gems in the MU class. How it's the best in the North. How we are so deep at many positions. Blah blah blah. I hear him love up NE on 1620 and love up MU and KU on 810. Guy is doing his job. That is to get you and me to buy the $9.95 per month subscription.

And maybe Pinkel is not an 'elite' coach, but he has done a hell of a job. Elite is for what, 1, maybe 3 schools max. Nebraska hasn't been elite in nearly 14 years. Doesn't mean you don't have a good program. MU believe it or not is a good program. We are not the best, but we are better than many. And if I know my team will win 8+ games a year like they have been doing then I can be happy with that. Only 14 other schools can say they have won at least 8+ for the last 4 seasons. Not too bad. Would I love for MU to be elite, hell yeah i would, but you'll have to ask me in 10 years or so. Right now I am just enjoying to ride of a winning program. You see, for much of my life my team sucked. So i'm pretty happy with how things have been going.

EZ-E

have heard it all from Mizzou fans. IMO and the rest of the nation you will always be little brother. Maybe once in a great while you will be able to reach up and hang a shiner on us. We have a better coaching staff, harder working on the recruiting trail (per Jeremy Crabtree) than yours, and a broader recruiting base because of our tradition and tradition is what gets us the national exposure. Pinkle has brought that program up from nothing but he is the Big 12 version of Kirk Ferentz; 7-5 maybe have the perfect storm one year and go 10-2 but will never be elite.

I don't believe that. And well, it’s a message board for opinions so I’m cool with yours. But Nebraska has shown me nothing that makes me believe they are running away with the North. Just as you guys sit back and talk about what other lose and how they will not be as good, IMHO you defense will not touch what you did this year. Will they suck? Heck no. Will they be this dominant? No. You can’t lose the talent you are losing. You just don’t go and replace the best defensive player to come around since the 1980's like its no big deal. Suh was your defense. He feed it, he ran it. He created for it. Having him out of the lineup will affect your team just as much, if not more than losing a top QB.

As far as the other stuff you listed, it’s all opinion and no facts. You have a better staff? Why do you guys constantly complain about your coaches and have at least 3 that nearly every husker fan wishes was fired. Bo know D, but that does not a staff make. He knows about as much offense as a coach from the 1920's. ;) As far as Crabtree...you should hear him on KC radio. He goes on and on about the gems in the MU class. How it’s the best in the North. How we are so deep at many positions. Blah blah blah. I hear him love up NE on 1620 and love up MU and KU on 810. Guy is doing his job. That is to get you and me to buy the $9.95 per month subscription. Maybe Pinkel is not an 'elite' coach, but he has done a hell of a job. Elite is for what, 1, maybe 3 schools max. Nebraska hasn’t been elite in nearly 14 years. Doesn’t mean you don’t have a good program. MU believe it or not is a good program. We are not the best, but we are better than many. And if I know my team will win 8+ games a year like they have been doing then I can be happy with that. Only 14 other schools can say they have won at least 8+ for the last 4 seasons. Not too bad. Would I love for MU to be elite, hell yeah i would, but you'll have to ask me in 10 years or so. Right now I am just enjoying to ride of a winning program. You see, for much of my life my team sucked. So i'm pretty happy with how things have been going.

Just keep enjoying the ride fro, the next few years will be fun for our two teams! I have been looking at both teams next year, also CU because they scare me a bit for some reason with a ton coming back, and it is really hard to say what both will be. I see the reason for optimism from MU fans, but I also see to Sr. WR's leaving, the best player on your team (Spoon) and several others on the Defense that was improved this year but not great. NU returns all but 1 starter on the Offense, Hickman at Center, this could be good or could be bad. NU appears to have some good talent ready to help upgrade the O-line, which should help. On D, we lose some really big contributors. I think we take a step back, but are still a Top 15-20 Defense overall. Call me crazy if you like, but that is my initial read as I see the signs that NU is right near the reload stage on the D side of the ball as opposed to rebuild. We will have fun going into depth about the teams in the near future for sure, but I see promise for both teams.

No one said your WRs aren't good. They are great. Weatherspoon is great and Ziggy is great. Speiker is OL...who the heck is talking about OL? Did Pig Brown make a team in the NFL? I know he got a tryout...just like Nate Swift and Todd Peterson - super example. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure this is a discussion about the future not what we accomplished in the past. We can certainly talk about the past if you want.

Sker, buddy i was talking about low rated recruits that MU found. Just playing with you when you gave me the "MU was their only big offer because the suck :)" line. :thumbs

What was fickle about Will Compton? A coach committing to a kid with a fake tat like Ek did with Compton is not fickle - it's a metaphor for how important Compton could be to our defense my friend. Landing a helicopter at a high school to impress a kid and the kid jumping on it is the definition of fickle. What in the heck does a helicopter have to do with football?

Well the helicopter wasnt for impressions. St Louis is a big town. pretty heavy traffic. When you are going to see 3 different games all a 40 min or drive from each other. The heli is a good option. if you think about it, it was the only option to do the visits they wanted to do that night. As far a Comption, that is about as silly as a reason to like a school as there is. When he stated that was a big sell for him in the 12th hour I about crashed my car.

Fake tatoos are fake and fickle. Making sure that you can attend a players games in person to show him how much he means to your program is just showing them how important they are. See i can do that too. ;)

EZ-E

I don't believe that. And well, it's a message board for opinions so I'm cool with yours. But Nebraska has shown me nothing that makes me believe they are running away with the North. Just as you guys sit back and talk about what other lose and how they will not be as good, IMHO you defense will not touch what you did this year. Will they suck? Heck no. Will they be this dominant? No. You can't lose the talent you are losing. You just don't go and replace the best defensive player to come around since the 1980's like its no big deal. Suh was your defense. He feed it, he ran it. He created for it. Having him out of the lineup will affect your team just as much, if not more than losing a top QB.

As far as the other stuff you listed, it's all opinion and no facts. Which is fine, but I disagree. You have a better staff? Why do you guys constantly complain about your coaches and have at least 3 that nearly every husker fan wishes was fired. Bo know D, but that does not a staff make. He knows about as much offense as a coach from the 1920's. ;) As far as Crabtree...you should hear him on KC radio. He goes on and on about the gems in the MU class. How it's the best in the North. How we are so deep at many positions. Blah blah blah. I hear him love up NE on 1620 and love up MU and KU on 810. Guy is doing his job. That is to get you and me to buy the $9.95 per month subscription.

And maybe Pinkel is not an 'elite' coach, but he has done a hell of a job. Elite is for what, 1, maybe 3 schools max. Nebraska hasn't been elite in nearly 14 years. Doesn't mean you don't have a good program. MU believe it or not is a good program. We are not the best, but we are better than many. And if I know my team will win 8+ games a year like they have been doing then I can be happy with that. Only 14 other schools can say they have won at least 8+ for the last 4 seasons. Not too bad. Would I love for MU to be elite, hell yeah i would, but you'll have to ask me in 10 years or so. Right now I am just enjoying to ride of a winning program. You see, for much of my life my team sucked. So i'm pretty happy with how things have been going.

That is probably fair to say about Crabtree. Its probably fair to say about Watson. But is our offense better coached than your defense? Maybe. Quite possibly ;)

About Suh. Yes he will be a tough loss. It will hurt not having him in there. Before I say what I am going to say about that I want to put this in all caps because some other Mizzou fan (this one was an idiot and had nothing good to say no offense) but NO DISCREDIT TO SUH AT ALL. HE HAS PUT IN THE BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS TO BECOME THE PLAYER HE IS TODAY AND HE HAS PUT IN THE WORK REQUIRED AND EVEN DONE EXTRA WORK. But when you look at it, Bo and Carl took a kid in 2007 that had natural ability and made him a star. He is nowhere near the player he is today without the Pelinis. Bo has had 3 (counting Suh) DL that have been drafted in the top 5 in the past 3 years. For reference: Dorsey, Jackson(was a Pelini product before Pelini left LSU but Pelini was his coach for 3 years I believe), and Suh. That is not a coinsidence. Suh is a Pelini product.

He was not the whole defense this year. The defensive backs we have coming back are pretty darn good as well. Especially with the defensive innovative minds we have on our coaching staff (like that deisal package. wow! who would have thought of that) I have full confidence that we will be a very good defensive unit again.

Pelini has also said several times that AS A WHOLE our defensive unit should be improved next year. And if you have ever listened to the man he doesnt make stuff up and sugar coat. He does quite the opposite. So if we were not going to be good he would probably say "our defense next year will not stop anything. Western Kentucky will put up 50 points on us and think nothing of it."

I do see where you are coming from being excited that your team now has a chance. Congrats. Im a small town Nebraska boy and let me tell you that it really is a special feeling when you win a natl title. I am glad I got to see my guys do it three times. I wish I could say that I want you to experience it, but I am sorry I really dislike Mizzou. Out of shear respect for you though I will say good luck in your bowl game.

P.S. Started this thread as kind of a joke. I am bitter about Carter, but Gabbert is no biggie.

:cheers

EZ-E

I don't believe that. And well, it’s a message board for opinions so I’m cool with yours. But Nebraska has shown me nothing that makes me believe they are running away with the North. Just as you guys sit back and talk about what other lose and how they will not be as good, IMHO you defense will not touch what you did this year. Will they suck? Heck no. Will they be this dominant? No. You can’t lose the talent you are losing. You just don’t go and replace the best defensive player to come around since the 1980's like its no big deal. Suh was your defense. He feed it, he ran it. He created for it. Having him out of the lineup will affect your team just as much, if not more than losing a top QB.

As far as the other stuff you listed, it’s all opinion and no facts. You have a better staff? Why do you guys constantly complain about your coaches and have at least 3 that nearly every husker fan wishes was fired. Bo know D, but that does not a staff make. He knows about as much offense as a coach from the 1920's. ;) As far as Crabtree...you should hear him on KC radio. He goes on and on about the gems in the MU class. How it’s the best in the North. How we are so deep at many positions. Blah blah blah. I hear him love up NE on 1620 and love up MU and KU on 810. Guy is doing his job. That is to get you and me to buy the $9.95 per month subscription. Maybe Pinkel is not an 'elite' coach, but he has done a hell of a job. Elite is for what, 1, maybe 3 schools max. Nebraska hasn’t been elite in nearly 14 years. Doesn’t mean you don’t have a good program. MU believe it or not is a good program. We are not the best, but we are better than many. And if I know my team will win 8+ games a year like they have been doing then I can be happy with that. Only 14 other schools can say they have won at least 8+ for the last 4 seasons. Not too bad. Would I love for MU to be elite, hell yeah i would, but you'll have to ask me in 10 years or so. Right now I am just enjoying to ride of a winning program. You see, for much of my life my team sucked. So i'm pretty happy with how things have been going.

Just keep enjoying the ride fro, the next few years will be fun for our two teams! I have been looking at both teams next year, also CU because they scare me a bit for some reason with a ton coming back, and it is really hard to say what both will be. I see the reason for optimism from MU fans, but I also see to Sr. WR's leaving, the best player on your team (Spoon) and several others on the Defense that was improved this year but not great. NU returns all but 1 starter on the Offense, Hickman at Center, this could be good or could be bad. NU appears to have some good talent ready to help upgrade the O-line, which should help. On D, we lose some really big contributors. I think we take a step back, but are still a Top 15-20 Defense overall. Call me crazy if you like, but that is my initial read as I see the signs that NU is right near the reload stage on the D side of the ball as opposed to rebuild. We will have fun going into depth about the teams in the near future for sure, but I see promise for both teams.

I dont think your crazy. I dont think you fall below the mid 30's, maybe low 40's but i doubt that far in D. You will still be solid, but just not like this year. As far as your O, i think its bad. That is unless there is a lot of improvement over the summer. It just seems broken to me. Oline problems, QB problems, WR problems.

MU's D is always up in the air. They should be better in some postions as younger players had taken over by the end of the season. But then again, as good as some of the players have been the system is broken. Nearly everthing returns on O. Alexander will be missed, but MU has a stable of young WR's with the possibility of 4, maybe even 5 new ones coming in this next year. Keep your eye on Jarrel Jackson. He is going to be a good one.

But we should stop before we really get going. what will we have to talk about all summer if we do it all now. ;) Cave, i will say that when I look at things, NE is going to be around. I think for the next 3 or 4 years it will be MU/NE. And thats something I think we both will like. :thumbs

Well the helicopter wasnt for impressions. St Louis is a big town. pretty heavy traffic. When you are going to see 3 different games all a 40 min or drive from each other. The heli is a good option. if you think about it, it was the only option to do the visits they wanted to do that night. As far a Comption, that is about as silly as a reason to like a school as there is. When he stated that was a big sell for him in the 12th hour I about crashed my car.

Fake tatoos are fake and fickle. Making sure that you can attend a players games in person to show him how much he means to your program is just showing them how important they are. See i can do that too. ;)

Fake tats are fake yes. I still still don't see it as fickle. Also, no one is saying Gary Pinkle is fickle Fro. It's Gabbert who is fickle. Gary has to do what he has to do....(I certainly don't hear of Bo using a heli to get from game to game and we recruit the same areas) but that is not this argument). The heli was chosen.....it was not necessar...........but again I am not debating if Gary should have used it....I know why he used it....he knew Gabbert would eat it up.

Anyway, just a friendly discussion. I have a lot of respect for what Gary has accomplished at MU.....it's Friday and I just don't feel like working too hard. Happy Froday!

But is our offense better coached than your defense? Maybe. Quite possibly

I dont know... MU is 52nd in total D. Neb is 102nd in total O. :lol:

And I dont doubt the work that both Suh and his coachs put in, but you dont coach that talent. Suh is special. Like a once in a life time special. They dont grow on trees and you cant coach them up. Yes coaching can help, but what i guess i am saying is Jackson and Dorsey are no Suh. The guy just has it. Bo may believe his overall depth will be better. Maybe thats the case. But a D's wealth of success comes from the front 4 and Nebraska just lost the best defensive player they have possibly ever had. He was the catilylist for everyones success. CB's dont have to cover as long, the O can only run short quick routes. Crick never sees doubles and sometimes doesnt even get blocked. Both ends have single team blocks, LBs have clear lanes. Safeties get to sit back, on and on and on.

Perfect example is the plug and play of the KC Chiefs in the 90's. Different LB's and CB's almost every year and top 5 D every year. DT and Neil Smith were so good they carried that team. Suh had the same effect. Its not a knock on the team. Just a compliment as to just how good that one player was.

Fake tats are fake yes. I still still don't see it as fickle. Also, no one is saying Gary Pinkle is fickle Fro. It's Gabbert who is fickle. Gary has to do what he has to do....(I certainly don't hear of Bo using a heli to get from game to game and we recruit the same areas) but that is not this argument). The heli was chosen.....it was not necessar...........but again I am not debating if Gary should have used it....I know why he used it....he knew Gabbert would eat it up.

Anyway, just a friendly discussion. I have a lot of respect for what Gary has accomplished at MU.....it's Friday and I just don't feel like working too hard. Happy Froday!

I am down for Fridays!! I like to debate a little so no harm, no foul. I had some fun talking with you today.

I've mentioned this before somewhere... but having grown up in St. Louis County, about 1.5 miles from Gabbert's high school - if you want to attend 3 football games in one night, negotiating St. Louis traffic, it just ain't gonna happen. If I recollect, Pinkel went to Parkway West (Gabbert), New Madrid (Kony Ealy) about 120 miles south, and visited some kid in Illinois. That's about 10 hours of driving accomplished in about 2.5 hours and 3 recruits impressed.

But is our offense better coached than your defense? Maybe. Quite possibly

I dont know... MU is 52nd in total D. Neb is 102nd in total O. :lol:

And I dont doubt the work that both Suh and his coachs put in, but you dont coach that talent. Suh is special. Like a once in a life time special. They dont grow on trees and you cant coach them up. Yes coaching can help, but what i guess i am saying is Jackson and Dorsey are no Suh. The guy just has it. Bo may believe his overall depth will be better. Maybe thats the case. But a D's wealth of success comes from the front 4 and Nebraska just lost the best defensive player they have possibly ever had. He was the catilylist for everyones success. CB's dont have to cover as long, the O can only run short quick routes. Crick never sees doubles and sometimes doesnt even get blocked. Both ends have single team blocks, LBs have clear lanes. Safeties get to sit back, on and on and on.

Perfect example is the plug and play of the KC Chiefs in the 90's. Different LB's and CB's almost every year and top 5 D every year. DT and Neil Smith were so good they carried that team. Suh had the same effect. Its not a knock on the team. Just a compliment as to just how good that one player was.

People do say that Dorsey was no Suh but people forget that Dorsey left after his Junior year and Suh stayed for his senior year. If Dorsey would have stayed for his senior year he could have very well been just as dominate as Suh. They said Dorsey was a once in a lifetime player as well and then Bo goes and has another one better than him. Thats all I will talk about that because it is obvious we wont agree and we will have to wait and see and I have Christmas shopping to do!

Anyways. Not a Cheifs fan but assuming you are: I was thinking last summer that if the Cheifs get a top 5 pick they could draft Suh and then have him, Dorsey, and Jackson on the same DL. :worship That would be a pretty good group of kids.

Off topic but I'm excited for the Missouri bowl game. Just like the Houston-Air Force game, we get to watch two completely different styles square off. Talk about run vs. pass.

I don't think Navy has much of a chance to win but it will still be fun to see.

Thank goodness we are not facing a pass heavy team :facepalm:

Once you take your eyes off of the dog and your plate it will snatch something off of it and run away with it.

:restore:restore:restore

EZ-E,

I'm not worried about MU recruiting at all. I'm glad the Gabbert saga is over. Aren't you. Ya, I was bumbed ... as any person or organization would. Your "word" is your "word". Example, Brian Kelly ... you wouldn't want to be a Cinci recruit in that pipe line ... and as a university ... you don't want recruits that "flop".

I'm excited about our class this year! And, as it is looking on this board ... we might just close like a freight train. Regardless, we will have a good class ... and I'll take our coaching and "direction" to go along with "tradition" anyday.

If MU can string together something of substance over a period of years ... then "kuddo's" to them.

Currently, I'll take the "press" of the day from the likes of "SUH" and frodaddy and the likes can "jaja" all they want ... our glory years were full of talent in lots of places ... fact is ... we don't have to have the best WR core in the nation to win a championship. We've done just fine in the past and our future is bright.

Overall ... I love Frodaddy's passion. You and I would love him if he was a Husker fan. I'm a MO boy who went to SMSU ... so I have always hated Mizzoo because they would never give my university any respect ... even though most of the time we have held our own against them.

All the best to MU and their recruits ... you continue to provide this university for motivation to bring out the best in Husker Nation.

SheepdogMark