Missouri Recruiting is like a

EZ-E

Off topic but I'm excited for the Missouri bowl game. Just like the Houston-Air Force game, we get to watch two completely different styles square off. Talk about run vs. pass.

I don't think Navy has much of a chance to win but it will still be fun to see.

Bowl games are crazy. Though I haven't paid any attention to Navy I will enjoy watching the running game they play and how it works against Misery. I am not one that is convinced we can just pull out a running game with this coaching staff in an off season switchover and be effective. I know, nothing can be worse than the offense we had this year, but installing a totally new formation that none of these coaches are familiar with is going to be interesting. I don't think an I formation, power football will get it done. I think it would take an all out committment to the veer AND I'm not sure we have the personnel to run it effectively. Johnson at GT has that offense down pat-but he has been running it for years now and outside of Navy his former home is about the only one running it. The great advantage is that teams used to playing against the spreads only have one week to prepare for entirely different game that requires a totally different D. I am glad we did not have to play GTech even with our great D.

I was involved in a triple option offense back when it was very popular. To be great-you have to have a great QB that doesn't get rattled and thrives on getting hit on about EVERY PLAY. That QB has to be reading the D from the time he leaves the huddle and make the right decision. HE NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO PUT THE BALL IN A BACK'S GRASP RIDE ALONG AND PULL THE BALL BACK OUT. The whole game is getting someone set up to get outside the DE. The QB has to be not good but GREAT at making the timing of when to pitch. It is much more intricate than it would appear just watching. I'm not sure we have the staff or the players to install it for next year. Green might be good for it, tough and big, but you really don't know until the QB shows he has the skill set and the TOUGHNESS to run the option. Lee would not be on the field or we would be outta luck.

How do you defend it? It will get shut down by good defenses that can stop reading and hit all options every time. Easier said than done, but if it becomes popular again, and teams play veer teams two or three times a year, it will be ineffective.

For us and the personnel we will have next year, if something is going to be changed I would think Nevada's would be easiest to transition to and be most effective; assuming some of our recievers can be coached up and give us a passing threat. I think our backs and Green could learn and run that offense better than a veer.

Weatherspoon is highly overrated. Pinkel is about as clean as a crack pipe. And that is all I have to say on this subject.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Mark Twain. True Son of Missouri

I kind of thought Weatherspoon was overhyped this year as well. I wouldn't have traded Dillard for him this year. (last year would have been a different story.)

Pinkel seems pretty clean to me. He recruits players that are committed to other schools but every coach does that. I think some Husker fans are upset because Pinkel has had some recent success picking up commitments from former NU commits. Doesn't mean he is dirty.

Missouri has vaulted up to #17 in Rival's team rankings while Nebraska is currently sitting at #33. Let the meltdown commence :ahhhhhhhh

We also arent taking a huge class either which has hurt us in those rankings. I would like to have one or two of their top targets (Lucas and Sasser) but other than that I would take our class over theirs any day. We knew we had to take a smaller class and the players we have in it are MORE than adaquate.

http://missouri.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?school=49

Take a look at their commit list. Of the six four star players they have only two of them were very highly recruited in Demien and Franklin. The others are..

Demien-good solid offers list

Franklin-good solid offers list

Ealy-he is a grade risk many say.

Tyler Gabbert-4 stars????? hahahaha

Holt-Baylor, SMU, La Tech, and Texas Tech were his offers. Why wouldnt a 4 star have more offers than that??????????

Hunt- Mizzery, KU, and KSU are his offers. Normally that equates to a 3 star kid.

Dont worry much about this. No meltdowns should occur.

Take a look at their commit list. Of the six four star players they have only two of them were very highly recruited in Demien and Franklin. The others are..

Holt-Baylor, SMU, La Tech, and Texas Tech were his offers. Why wouldnt a 4 star have more offers than that??????????

Hunt- Mizzery, KU, and KSU are his offers. Normally that equates to a 3 star kid.

Since you've obviously seen all these kids in action, why not give evaluations for each. As for the number of offers, how many offers come when you've committed 6 months ago? And Gabbert... seemed good enough for the NU staff.

You forgot about Lucas and Carter, both of whom may ultimately end up at Mizzou. But as long as we are bagging on others recruits, other than Rome none of your 4 star recruits were exactly tearing it up on colleges recruiting boards, and jucos are just that, junior college players who don't often become great players at the next level, take Zac Lee for example.

Ratings are just ratings when you get right down to it, you never know whats going to happen once the players get on the field.

***snip***

As for the number of offers, how many offers come when you've committed 6 months ago?

***snip***

Well, if you are an NU commit you can count on at least one offer coming in 6 months after you commit. Fortunately they don't all listen to Pinkel's "I got Maclin to the NFL" spiel. :)

Ah, Missouri. Good to see you guys coming back out of the woodwork. You were awfully scarce there for a few months. Fortunately some Rivals recruiting rankings give you enough confidence to come grace our boards again.

(not you in particular MuTigerFan. Talking more about a few of your brethren.)

Keep in mind Tiggers . . . NU had the 4th ranked recruiting class in the country a few years back . . . and we followed that up with one of our worst teams of all time. It's still decided on the field.

***snip***

But as long as we are bagging on others recruits, other than Rome none of your 4 star recruits were exactly tearing it up on colleges recruiting boards, and jucos are just that, junior college players who don't often become great players at the next level, take Zac Lee for example.

***snip***

Check out Jay Guy's offer list and get back to me would you?

Also, while you are at it look at our OL commit for 2011 (Tyler Moore) and his offer list. (Cal, Clemson, Florida, FSU, Georgia, Miami, Michigan, Ohio State, Tennessee, etc.)

As long as you are in the 2011 section take a quick look at Aaron Green. Probably the best RB in the nation next year . . . and a very good chance he ends up N.

Heck, while you are on Rivals you might like to check Owa's offer list and see who is in his final 3.

It's ok that you don't follow this as closely as we do . . . just don't expect to know the facts better than we do. Good luck with Carter. I think he is going to end up at LSU.

(as a final note . . . remember that here at Nebraska we've had more JUCOs win the Heisman than Missouri has total Heismans. Just to keep things in perspective.)

I should have followed up my :ahhhhhhhh with a :sarcasm .

I find it funny how some Mizzou fans are totally pumped about Rivals #17 ranking, but totally waived off their Richardson-less #51 ranking last year (see Rivals 2009 enrolled team rankings - Nebraska was #24 BTW).

Not to say that we don't have our own fans that aren't the same way, but this topic isn't about them.