Missouri Recruiting is like a

EZ-E

Once you take your eyes off of the dog and your plate it will snatch something off of it and run away with it.

:restore:restore:restore

Pretty funny. Gabbert was the recruit that Pinkel flew to see in a helicopter, landing on a field next to his game.

Got a commit from another 4-star kid on the same trip - Kony Ealy. 6'6" DE.

Huh?

Once you take your eyes off of the dog and your plate it will snatch something off of it and run away with it.

Pretty funny. Gabbert was the recruit that Pinkel flew to see in a helicopter, landing on a field next to his game.

Huh?

Over the din of a recent high school football game in Missouri, the blue-chip quarterback Tyler Gabbert heard a distinct sound. Above the crowd, cheerleaders and band, Gabbert could not help but notice the whir of a helicopter hovering over the field in Ballwin, Mo. The helicopter swooped to a secure location near the field, where Missouri Coach Gary Pinkel emerged to watch part of Parkway West’s game. Pinkel’s grand entrance created a splash, which is one of the reasons helicopters have emerged as the latest trend in big-time college football recruiting.

(you may need to be registered to read the rest..)

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/17/sports/n...recruiting.html

Why is Mizzo basketball so bad this year? I grew up in Illinois and I wanted that Dec 23rd game to be a good one but man, Mizzo sucks. Dont get me wrong, the Illini are average at best this year but it would be nice if both teams were good.

If memory serves, Ealy's grades may be a major issue. Or I could be totally wrong. Not sure. But if they are and he doesn't make it to Mizzou, Gary Stinkel is going to start developing a reputation as the best coach in the nation at recruiting stud D lineman that never make it to school.

Actually this is the first class that I can remember where I would even consider trading Misery's class for ours. Unless somebody "Missouri's" their committments they will have the best class on paper in the north and probably the best they have ever had. If they get all or most of those recievers that seem to be favoring Misery, Lucas, Hunt, Sasser, AWOL Carter to go with trader Gabbert and the Texas kid, Franklin at QB, some big offensive tackles and the Ealy guy, they have a better class than I like seeing down there. They will be able to find somebody to run routes and catch like Maclin or Alexander out of that bunch. Don't know anything about the D Bs I see on their list. I wish we had some of those skill players they will likely get.

I think Bo needs to shore up both the offense and the recruiting, in many ways one and the same. A good philosophy and sell the kids on it. A one time fluke is one thing, but if we allow Misery to out recruit us next year, it will be tough in 12 and 13.

Its even funnier when you realize how stupid it is. :lol: For most of the kids MU gets they are their first big school offer. Kinda like the earlier post that accused Mu of negitive recruiting. All those kids have to do is watch a Nebraska game. You are kidding yourself if you are a WR or QB that you would want to play in the Neb. offense now over some of the other schools that are offering. MU didnt have to say anything.

By the way, isnt Bo still recruiting commited kids..... :dunno

or is it only an issue when someone does a better job selling their school than you do yours?? :dunno:sarcasm

:facepalm:

billyball - you've got to me kidding me. yes, i would like a couple of their receivers and franklin, but i am definitely taking Nebraska's current class over MUs. We need all the Defensive recruits we can get which is why we have so many. This year proved (and the cally years) you can't win championships without a defense. NU has 40 some kids coming back on offense and only 20 some on D......that is why we have so many D kids and why i would take our class.

Mu's class isn't anything special. Demien, Ealy, and Franklin are the only people currently committed that I would want......if they land Lucas I'd take him as well. Both Gabbert and Carter don't wow me - i was never really high on them when they were with Neb.

Fro - MU (and KU for that matter) are known for offering kids NU has already offered. Most of the kids your team offers first suck ( :lol: ), which is also why no one else offers them. Let's take Carter for example.....no offers, no stars...Neb offers = 4stars and a MU offer.

Of course Bo is still recruiting committed kids....who the hell isn't? We just had your team come and take two committed kids from us...what is your point?

If flying a helicopter into a high school stadium wins you recruits, so be it. Neb doesn't need fickle kids that jump on BS like that. I'll take hard workers that commit to a school because they know that school will make them a better football player.

Lastly, MU will never be the best program in the north. You might win a "north championship" every once and a while, but you have to find a defense before that will happen.....Neb scored 27 points on you, are you kidding me. Keep going after QBs and WRs!

billyball - you've got to me kidding me. yes, i would like a couple of their receivers and franklin, but i am definitely taking Nebraska's current class over MUs. We need all the Defensive recruits we can get which is why we have so many. This year proved (and the cally years) you can't win championships without a defense. NU has 40 some kids coming back on offense and only 20 some on D......that is why we have so many D kids and why i would take our class.

Mu's class isn't anything special. Demien, Ealy, and Franklin are the only people currently committed that I would want......if they land Lucas I'd take him as well. Both Gabbert and Carter don't wow me - i was never really high on them when they were with Neb.

Fro - MU (and KU for that matter) are known for offering kids NU has already offered. Most of the kids your team offers first suck ( :lol: ), which is also why no one else offers them. Let's take Carter for example.....no offers, no stars...Neb offers = 4stars and a MU offer.

Of course Bo is still recruiting committed kids....who the hell isn't? We just had your team come and take two committed kids from us...what is your point?

If flying a helicopter into a high school stadium wins you recruits, so be it. Neb doesn't need fickle kids that jump on BS like that. I'll take hard workers that commit to a school because they know that school will make them a better football player.

Lastly, MU will never be the best program in the north. You might win a "north championship" every once and a while, but you have to find a defense before that will happen.....Neb scored 27 points on you, are you kidding me. Keep going after QBs and WRs!

I know, Weatherspoon and Alexander suck. :lol: Or Ziggy Hood, Brian Smith, Brad Smith, William Moore, Pig Brown, Adam Speiker, Justin Gage, ..... I could keep going. :dunno:lol:

if you can name me more than carter that MU came in on after i would be impressed. KU does that to everyone. Mu offers a kid, ku offers. NU offers, KU offers. Yes MU and NE offer some of the same kids. Mostly ones that EVERY school in the area offers. But for the most part they dont go head to head too often. Its just funny how nobody on here talks about Kony Ealy of Chase Rome and how Nebraska came in nearly 4 months later than MU.....

However on a side note, I couldnt help but laugh at the end of last year and this year as well. every time MU offered a LA state kid people would flip sayin we are just coping Bo because he worked at LSU. Well last year late in the recruiting game and right after the season MU hired away LSU's recruiting cordinator. Think maybe the ties to LA recruits and their coaches could be tied to that???

"Neb doesn't need fickle kids that jump on BS like that" This one is classic. Will Compton anyone. Or does Eckler do "blackshirt" fake tatoos for all your recruits. :lol: We need that because, as you know, MU has had no success in developing players and getting them to the next level. :wasted

And the whole point about the recruiting commited players is everyone does it. People on here cry foul like MU is some evil devil who just crept into your sons bedroom window while you were sleeping and kidnapped him. Bo is talking to committed recruits right now. I was just being smart SkerChicago. Hence the "insert sarcasm" Its all about how evil MU is and how stupid and non-moral the players on when you lose a kid to another school and all about how great Ne is and how that kid just wanted something better when they flip to NE. :facepalm:

also it cant all be about defense...I mean you might win a "north championship" every once and a while, but youll have to find an offense to do better....

I know, Weatherspoon and Alexander suck. :lol: Or Ziggy Hood, Brian Smith, Brad Smith, William Moore, Pig Brown, Adam Speiker, Justin Gage, ..... I could keep going. :dunno:lol:

if you can name me more than carter that MU came in on after i would be impressed. KU does that to everyone. Mu offers a kid, ku offers. NU offers, KU offers. Yes MU and NE offer some of the same kids. Mostly ones that EVERY school in the area offers. But for the most part they dont go head to head too often. Its just funny how nobody on here talks about Kony Ealy of Chase Rome and how Nebraska came in nearly 4 months later than MU.....

However on a side note, I couldnt help but laugh at the end of last year and this year as well. every time MU offered a LA state kid people would flip sayin we are just coping Bo because he worked at LSU. Well last year late in the recruiting game and right after the season MU hired away LSU's recruiting cordinator. Think maybe the ties to LA recruits and their coaches could be tied to that???

"Neb doesn't need fickle kids that jump on BS like that" This one is classic. Will Compton anyone. Or does Eckler do "blackshirt" fake tatoos for all your recruits. :lol: We need that because, as you know, MU has had no success in developing players and getting them to the next level. :wasted

And the whole point about the recruiting commited players is everyone does it. People on here cry foul like MU is some evil devil who just crept into your sons bedroom window while you were sleeping and kidnapped him. Bo is talking to committed recruits right now. I was just being smart SkerChicago. Hence the "insert sarcasm" Its all about how evil MU is and how stupid and non-moral the players on when you lose a kid to another school and all about how great Ne is and how that kid just wanted something better when they flip to NE. :facepalm:

also it cant all be about defense...I mean you might win a "north championship" every once and a while, but youll have to find an offense to do better....

Can't you just let us be bitter fro?

;)