Missouri Recruiting is like a

EZ-E

http://missouri.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?school=49

Take a look at their commit list. Of the six four star players they have only two of them were very highly recruited in Demien and Franklin. The others are..

Demien-good solid offers list

Franklin-good solid offers list

Ealy-he is a grade risk many say.

Tyler Gabbert-4 stars????? hahahaha

Holt-Baylor, SMU, La Tech, and Texas Tech were his offers. Why wouldnt a 4 star have more offers than that??????????

Hunt- Mizzery, KU, and KSU are his offers. Normally that equates to a 3 star kid.

Dont worry much about this. No meltdowns should occur.

You forgot about Lucas and Carter, both of whom may ultimately end up at Mizzou. But as long as we are bagging on others recruits, other than Rome none of your 4 star recruits were exactly tearing it up on colleges recruiting boards, and jucos are just that, junior college players who don't often become great players at the next level, take Zac Lee for example.

Ratings are just ratings when you get right down to it, you never know whats going to happen once the players get on the field.

You talk about two other 4* commits in your opening paragraph but then you say ratings are just ratings. Strange.

Carter measured 5ft8 when he came up here on his official. Have fun trying to get off the LOS against the physical DBs that the Pelinis and Marvin Sanders like to play with. With Davis going to Texas instead of LSU I wouldnt be surprized if LSU offers CC. Dont know about Lucas as much, based on his offers list and his size he looks like a good one. But if you want to take a more in-depth look at our class here you go...

Chase Harper-Juco guy but has 3 years to play. OU was in contact until they accepted a Verbal committment from a HS TE. Miami also offered.

Jermarcus Hardrick- Juco kid-3 to play two year guy. Needed the talent at OL immediately so we brought him in.-LSU, Arkansas, Miss, Southern Miss, South Florida

Lavonte David-3 to play 2 guy. Needed this kid as a change of pace hybrid LB. He isnt one of the kids you can miss out on. He will be the next Gomes in the sense that we will see him on the field early and often.-Tennesse, KU, KSU, Houston

Andrew Rodriguez- NU commit since his Junior year. Miami made a late push for him until A Rod said stay away

Chase Rome-enough said

Jake Cotton-I'll give you that one. Many have questioned this scholarship offer.

Walker Ashburn-Okie State and Stanford

Quincy Enunwa-I'll give you. Not a very solid offers list. NU and Washington State

Ciante Evans-Iowa, KU, Okie State, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

Tyler Evans-not a solid offers list; therefore he is ranked appropriately as a two star athlete. Not 4.

Jay Guy-Zona, Cal, Michigan, Mizzery, A&M, TTech, Stanford, UCLA (this one goes on and on)

Harvey Jackson-ASU, Baylor, Mizzery, Okie State, Purdue. OU was in contact so was Texas after he camped at both places. OU was close to offering until they accepted a verbal from another athlete whos name escapes me right now

Josh Mitchell-not a very solid offers list. But he is appropriately given a 3 star ranking not 4.

Mike Moudy-committed in April-KU, KSU, Stanford

Tobi Okuyemi-Camped at ND and Ohio State, neither place ended up offering, Iowa, KU, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin

Donovan Vestal-KU, KSU, Mizzery, Okie State

You see? When a kid doesnt have such a prolific offers list, etc they are ranked as a 3 star kid. Not a four star kid.

***snip***

As for the number of offers, how many offers come when you've committed 6 months ago?

***snip***

Well, if you are an NU commit you can count on at least one offer coming in 6 months after you commit. Fortunately they don't all listen to Pinkel's "I got Maclin to the NFL" spiel. :)

Ah, Missouri. Good to see you guys coming back out of the woodwork. You were awfully scarce there for a few months. Fortunately some Rivals recruiting rankings give you enough confidence to come grace our boards again.

(not you in particular MuTigerFan. Talking more about a few of your brethren.)

Keep in mind Tiggers . . . NU had the 4th ranked recruiting class in the country a few years back . . . and we followed that up with one of our worst teams of all time. It's still decided on the field.

:clap Now that's some funny sh#t right there! :clap

Carter measured 5ft8 when he came up here on his official. Have fun trying to get off the LOS against the physical DBs that the Pelinis and Marvin Sanders like to play with.

OK, let's not pretend like the dude wasn't a playmaker and we really needed him.

It turned out badly and it seems like there's even resentment coming from him, but who cares what his height is. Weak argument. Good luck Steve Smith.

Take a look at their commit list. Of the six four star players they have only two of them were very highly recruited in Demien and Franklin. The others are..

Holt-Baylor, SMU, La Tech, and Texas Tech were his offers. Why wouldnt a 4 star have more offers than that??????????

Hunt- Mizzery, KU, and KSU are his offers. Normally that equates to a 3 star kid.

You forgot about Lucas and Carter, both of whom may ultimately end up at Mizzou. But as long as we are bagging on others recruits, other than Rome none of your 4 star recruits were exactly tearing it up on colleges recruiting boards, and jucos are just that, junior college players who don't often become great players at the next level, take Zac Lee for example.

Ratings are just ratings when you get right down to it, you never know whats going to happen once the players get on the field.

You talk about two other 4* commits in your opening paragraph but then you say ratings are just ratings. Strange.

Carter measured 5ft8 when he came up here on his official. Have fun trying to get off the LOS against the physical DBs that the Pelinis and Marvin Sanders like to play with. With Davis going to Texas instead of LSU I wouldnt be surprized if LSU offers CC. Dont know about Lucas as much, based on his offers list and his size he looks like a good one. But if you want to take a more in-depth look at our class here you go...

Chase Harper-Juco guy but has 3 years to play. OU was in contact until they accepted a Verbal committment from a HS TE. Miami also offered.

Jermarcus Hardrick- Juco kid-3 to play two year guy. Needed the talent at OL immediately so we brought him in.-LSU, Arkansas, Miss, Southern Miss, South Florida

Lavonte David-3 to play 2 guy. Needed this kid as a change of pace hybrid LB. He isnt one of the kids you can miss out on. He will be the next Gomes in the sense that we will see him on the field early and often.-Tennesse, KU, KSU, Houston

Andrew Rodriguez- NU commit since his Junior year. Miami made a late push for him until A Rod said stay away

Chase Rome-enough said

Jake Cotton-I'll give you that one. Many have questioned this scholarship offer.

Walker Ashburn-Okie State and Stanford

Quincy Enunwa-I'll give you. Not a very solid offers list. NU and Washington State

Ciante Evans-Iowa, KU, Okie State, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

Tyler Evans-not a solid offers list; therefore he is ranked appropriately as a two star athlete. Not 4.

Jay Guy-Zona, Cal, Michigan, Mizzery, A&M, TTech, Stanford, UCLA (this one goes on and on)

Harvey Jackson-ASU, Baylor, Mizzery, Okie State, Purdue. OU was in contact so was Texas after he camped at both places. OU was close to offering until they accepted a verbal from another athlete whos name escapes me right now

Josh Mitchell-not a very solid offers list. But he is appropriately given a 3 star ranking not 4.

Mike Moudy-committed in April-KU, KSU, Stanford

Tobi Okuyemi-Camped at ND and Ohio State, neither place ended up offering, Iowa, KU, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin

Donovan Vestal-KU, KSU, Mizzery, Okie State

You see? When a kid doesnt have such a prolific offers list, etc they are ranked as a 3 star kid. Not a four star kid.

I thought kids were graded on their tape and skills not offer lists? or maybe thats just what i was thinking because that IS the way its done. :dunno

Rivals just got tape on Holt. Not his fault he plays in BFE Texas. Chances are better that he ends up being another gem that MU coaches find that was lost in the shuffle in TX, than some over rated question mark that some on here are trying to make him out to be.

I am not concerned with the rankings. Just if we are able to address our needs and add depth and talent. And as another poster remarked about MU's #50 class. We have done pretty well the last 5 years with classes that never got higher than #25 :) What it all boils down to is do you like your kids? I could care less what NE thinks about MU's players. As I am sure you could care less what MU thinks of yours. We will talk up our guys you have never heard of. Just like you talk up your guy that had his only other offer from the worst college team in the land. Chances are that you know more about the kids commited to Nebraska than we do. Just as we know more about ours than you do.

But none of that matters. The only thing that matters is that my alma mater finnally broke through and won their 3rd championship this last weekend!! :lol: I am still on a high!! :)

I think MU and NU both have pretty good recruiting classes this year, the next few years should be fun to watch. However this statement is about as ignorant as it gets. Yes Zac Lee is an example of a JUCO that didn't pan out, but I can give you 3 others that did for everyone that you give me that didn't. Just a couple off of the top of my head for NU are Mike Rozier (Won the Heisman), Zac Taylor (Big XII Offensive Player of the Year), and Dejon Gomes currently on the NU roster. I don't think recruiting JUCO's as your primary strategy, ala KSU, is a great idea but they are great for filling immediate needs. Bringing in a couple in each class is not a bad idea and we have seen this work very well lately. When it didn't work was under Callahan when he went too heavy on JUCO's and destroyed his future depth, you still have to rotate the roster effectively. Also don't give me the MU doesn't need JUCO talk either, you have taken your fair share over the years for sure. Also are you going to turn away Sheldon Richardson if/when he can make it to MU? Because he is now at a JUCO is he now destined to be a bust?

I think MU and NU both have pretty good recruiting classes this year, the next few years should be fun to watch. However this statement is about as ignorant as it gets. Yes Zac Lee is an example of a JUCO that didn't pan out, but I can give you 3 others that did for everyone that you give me that didn't. Just a couple off of the top of my head for NU are Mike Rozier (Won the Heisman), Zac Taylor (Big XII Offensive Player of the Year), and Dejon Gomes currently on the NU roster. I don't think recruiting JUCO's as your primary strategy, ala KSU, is a great idea but they are great for filling immediate needs. Bringing in a couple in each class is not a bad idea and we have seen this work very well lately. When it didn't work was under Callahan when he went too heavy on JUCO's and destroyed his future depth, you still have to rotate the roster effectively. Also don't give me the MU doesn't need JUCO talk either, you have taken your fair share over the years for sure. Also are you going to turn away Sheldon Richardson if/when he can make it to MU? Because he is now at a JUCO is he now destined to be a bust?

You nailed this caveman. He was clearly talking out his butt. Mu has 3 guys on their D this years that are JUCO kids (Coulter, Harrison and Simmons). Another that nearly ever MU fan was pumped about that got hurt before the season. (Josh Tatum). Add those to future kids. (Walker this year, Richardson most likely next year) and too past kids in the last few seasons (Pig Brown, Terrel, Bridges, Chavis & Vaughns) and he clearly was taking a poor shot at NE. Yes some of the Juco kids you take dont pan out. Yes some because pretty good players. But i would say a good portion of them (if you only take a few here and there to add to your class) turn out to be decent players and can do so quickly. Will they be a stud, maybe, probably not. But will they help you more than a true or RS freshman? probably, or else your coach wouldn't have brought them in.

But none of that matters. The only thing that matters is that my alma mater finnally broke through and won their 3rd championship this last weekend!! :lol: I am still on a high!! :)

NWMS??

I got a few friends that play there. Seems like a nice place to go to school.

yeah. Its a pretty good spot. I had a pretty good time there too. :)

:wasted:ahhhhhhhh:cheers:horns2:cop:

NWMS??

I got a few friends that play there. Seems like a nice place to go to school.

yeah. Its a pretty good spot. I had a pretty good time there too. :)

:wasted:ahhhhhhhh:cheers:horns2:cop:

:cowbell::cowbell:

Not at all. I have no idea how good Sheldon will be if/when he makes it back to MU. It's very easy to cherry pick a few juco guys here and there and then portray them as representatives of all other juco players who come through a program. There is a reason why colleges typically don't recruit jucos heavily and that is evidenced over and over again by the number of programs who decline when they recruit juco heavily, like NU for example and KSU in the later 1st run Snyder days. Being a standout player in juco isn't often the same as becoming a standout player at the DI level. MOST jucos don't end up in the NFL and the reason is often because they simply don't have the time in development at the DI level coupled with having to assimilate into often different schemes on either side of the ball.

Yes its good to have a couple of jucos come into the program every year particularly if you have a larger graduating class and you need someone with at least some college playing experience to fill in. MU has taken 2 or 3 juco's a year for the past several years and almost every one of them has been on the defensive side of the ball, particularly in the secondary, which may explain why MU's secondary has been fairly bad the past few years.

The point here was the some people on this board were comparing jucos to high rated incoming freshman, and that really isn't a good comparison to make under most circumstances.

Not at all. I have no idea how good Sheldon will be if/when he makes it back to MU. It's very easy to cherry pick a few juco guys here and there and then portray them as representatives of all other juco players who come through a program. There is a reason why colleges typically don't recruit jucos heavily and that is evidenced over and over again by the number of programs who decline when they recruit juco heavily, like NU for example and KSU in the later 1st run Snyder days. Being a standout player in juco isn't often the same as becoming a standout player at the DI level. MOST jucos don't end up in the NFL and the reason is often because they simply don't have the time in development at the DI level coupled with having to assimilate into often different schemes on either side of the ball.

Yes its good to have a couple of jucos come into the program every year particularly if you have a larger graduating class and you need someone with at least some college playing experience to fill in. MU has taken 2 or 3 juco's a year for the past several years and almost every one of them has been on the defensive side of the ball, particularly in the secondary, which may explain why MU's secondary has been fairly bad the past few years.

The point here was the some people on this board were comparing jucos to high rated incoming freshman, and that really isn't a good comparison to make under most circumstances.

Now you are confusing NFL potential with the ability to contribute in a positive way on the D1 College level. This is a mistake. Fro just gave a pretty good list of who MU has on their team from the JUCO ranks. Heck here is his post:

Mu has 3 guys on their D this years that are JUCO kids (Coulter, Harrison and Simmons). Another that nearly ever MU fan was pumped about that got hurt before the season. (Josh Tatum). Add those to future kids. (Walker this year, Richardson most likely next year) and too past kids in the last few seasons (Pig Brown, Terrel, Bridges, Chavis & Vaughns) and he clearly was taking a poor shot at NE. Yes some of the Juco kids you take dont pan out. Yes some because pretty good players. But i would say a good portion of them (if you only take a few here and there to add to your class) turn out to be decent players

Can you tell me that you don't think these players played are playing a big role on the MU team? Look I think we both agree that recruiting JUCO's in a big way is not a good thing, I think we disagree on why though. You seem to be making the assertion that JUCO players by and large are not good players. Most players who go to JUCOs are players that were good enough to play for a D1 school but couldn't either make the grade or had another issue preventing them from getting into the school. Either way these were pretty good HS players that D1 teams thought could play so to make the assertion that JUCO players are not talented by and large is an inaccurate statement. HS players who aren't quite talented enough to get onto a D1 roster don't go to a 2 year Community College, they go to a 4 year school on a level of play below the D1 level so they can get their degree. Recruiting a bunch of JUCOs is bad simply because it creates an unbalance in your team roster. You lose too many players too soon to fill the gaps with 4-5 year players effectively. You end up getting into a viscous cycle of having to recruit a lot of JUCOs each year and not getting enough HS players to develop into the program over 3-5 years.

Can you tell me that you don't think these players played are playing a big role on the MU team? Look I think we both agree that recruiting JUCO's in a big way is not a good thing, I think we disagree on why though. You seem to be making the assertion that JUCO players by and large are not good players. Most players who go to JUCOs are players that were good enough to play for a D1 school but couldn't either make the grade or had another issue preventing them from getting into the school. Either way these were pretty good HS players that D1 teams thought could play so to make the assertion that JUCO players are not talented by and large is an inaccurate statement. HS players who aren't quite talented enough to get onto a D1 roster don't go to a 2 year Community College, they go to a 4 year school on a level of play below the D1 level so they can get their degree. Recruiting a bunch of JUCOs is bad simply because it creates an unbalance in your team roster. You lose too many players too soon to fill the gaps with 4-5 year players effectively. You end up getting into a viscous cycle of having to recruit a lot of JUCOs each year and not getting enough HS players to develop into the program over 3-5 years.

Well then I guess we are in agreement in most of this. The issue here was someone else trying to tear down the MU recruiting class by saying that so and so player isn't really going to matter because they only had offers from X number of colleges. Then they made the mistake of comparing them to juco players who in this instance don't even play the same position on the field. As I stated in an earlier post, a ranking is just that, it's a ranking. It's an evaluation of a player based on their past performance not on their future. Just as there has been highly rated players who turned out to not be so good, there are under rated recruits who turn out to be pretty good. I made the point of observation which is that just because you are a good high school player doesn't mean you are going to be a good college player. Just because you are a good junior college player doesn't mean you will be a good DI player, and just because you are a good DI player doesn't mean you will be a good NFL player.

Yes MU has a good recruiting class this year, but does that mean they will have a bunch of great seasons in the future? Not necessarily, so what is the point in downplaying someone else's recruiting when the results on the field will be the only measure. Nothing said on this or any other message board will change that.