Owa in home visit

Taylor

Rumor is it's now a 2 way race between NU and Oregon.

He is rumored to favor NU and the coaches above the other programs, but he feels he wants to stay close to home due to family. I'm going to guess the kid is staying in Oregon due to having so many younger siblings.

The kid seems like a good character kid as well as an outstanding football player. Keeping my fingers crossed we can land him.

Ive had a few friends say they watched him play this year and weren't real impressed. I didn't see any of his games, that is just what they said to me????

I would believe this, it is not easy to hear about a star player and then watch a high school game and pick out the small great things that player does.

I have broke down tape for 10 years and I can tell you that its hard to do, so for a fan at the game, trust me its hard to see whats always going on.

That doesnt mean he didnt play great but you could imagine a fan wanting to see this kid get 5 sacks, 15 tackles and knock a kid out of the game. Well, thats really hard to do. So maybe the kid had a game where he had 1 or 2 sacks and 8 tackles and it doesnt "look so great".

He is rumored to favor NU and the coaches above the other programs, but he feels he wants to stay close to home due to family. I'm going to guess the kid is staying in Oregon due to having so many younger siblings.

Single mom I think, some younger brothers and a total respect and love for his mom. I think he is staying close to home and as much as I would love to see him as a Husker I say good for him if that is the case. Be a great role model for your brothers and help your mom all you can.

Single mom I think, some younger brothers and a total respect and love for his mom. I think he is staying close to home and as much as I would love to see him as a Husker I say good for him if that is the case. Be a great role model for your brothers and help your mom all you can.

As much as I am all in favor of family, sometimes making a sacrifice for the future of your family needs to be done. As we are all aware, just because you are a 5 star(i.e. Lucky) doesn't mean you are going to make it big after college in the League. Just within the last two years I went from seeing most of our defensive players going from getting a real job after college to many of them going to the league and making some good money. Look at Suh, before Bo came in I think he would have still been good but not an early round projection. Two years later he is the most dominant player in college football, and has everything all teams in the NFL are looking for.

Bo and Carl are unbelievable coaches, especially for defense. They can make players big timers eventually bound for the NFL to make big money. I just don't know how you see that as a defensive player and not want to get there coaching. In the end I think Owa and his family would benefit with big money in the NFL. And it may be quicker than Suh, because he will be getting the coaching immediately. If Suh came in under Pelini's I don't think he would still be at Nebraska.

Ive had a few friends say they watched him play this year and weren't real impressed. I didn't see any of his games, that is just what they said to me????

I would believe this, it is not easy to hear about a star player and then watch a high school game and pick out the small great things that player does.

I have broke down tape for 10 years and I can tell you that its hard to do, so for a fan at the game, trust me its hard to see whats always going on.

That doesnt mean he didnt play great but you could imagine a fan wanting to see this kid get 5 sacks, 15 tackles and knock a kid out of the game. Well, thats really hard to do. So maybe the kid had a game where he had 1 or 2 sacks and 8 tackles and it doesnt "look so great".

That's what I was thinking and even brought it up. His comment was that he didn't seem to put 100% in this game. But, that could mean a bad game, fatigue or this guy just doesn't have realistic expectations (like you said). Again, I wasnt there, this guy just wasn't real excited about the possibilities. He did say the kid is huge and has legs like a tree trunk, and with some coaching, he has alot of potential. I just found the conversation interresting.

As much as I am all in favor of family, sometimes making a sacrifice for the future of your family needs to be done. As we are all aware, just because you are a 5 star(i.e. Lucky) doesn't mean you are going to make it big after college in the League. Just within the last two years I went from seeing most of our defensive players going from getting a real job after college to many of them going to the league and making some good money. Look at Suh, before Bo came in I think he would have still been good but not an early round projection. Two years later he is the most dominant player in college football, and has everything all teams in the NFL are looking for.

Bo and Carl are unbelievable coaches, especially for defense. They can make players big timers eventually bound for the NFL to make big money. I just don't know how you see that as a defensive player and not want to get there coaching. In the end I think Owa and his family would benefit with big money in the NFL. And it may be quicker than Suh, because he will be getting the coaching immediately. If Suh came in under Pelini's I don't think he would still be at Nebraska.

Im sure the coaches are letting Owa know all the angles. If football was the biggest issue here I think he would already be N. But as we can see it isnt the only thing that Owa will make his decision on.

Quick!

Someone in Lincoln offer his Mom a job!