O-line

WVhuskerXX

What is your predection for next year's o-line??

LT-Hardwick

LG-Williams/Qvale

C-Caputo

RG-Henry/Qvale

RT-Marcel Jones

I rly feel that Qvale will get some serious PT next year. Im real excited about Hardwick. It will be so nice to have an athletic and physical LT.

I just want the best guys on the line. Names don't matter to me. Just give me the hardest working guys who have earned their spot to play.

I don't have a clue what the two deep will look like come next season. I just hope that if Williams starts again he will have made vast improvements over his 09 performance. Otherwise NU could be in for another long and inconsistent offensive train wreck.

If there is one player I would personally like to see step up it would be the "Korean Killer" Seung Hoon Choi, I think he's a cannonball just waiting to blow up! :bounce:w00t

Nicks was also his first year in the program than what we have now. I believe Nicks was fighting it out with Murtha who was heads and shoulders above Mike Smith. I am banking on Hardrick coming in and taking out Smith. If he can pick up the system in the spring he'll be starting. He's bigger, stronger and appears to be more tenacious and athletic. I know Cotton said that Smith is one of the most athletic lineman we have but I'm not seeing it. Hopefully the 2 deep is:

LT:Hardrick/Marcel

LG:Williams/Qvale

C:Caputo/Tioala

RG:Henry/Ash

RT:DJ/Sirles

What is your predection for next year's o-line??

LT-Hardwick

LG-Williams/Qvale

C-Caputo

RG-Henry/Qvale

RT-Marcel Jones

I rly feel that Qvale will get some serious PT next year. Im real excited about Hardwick. It will be so nice to have an athletic and physical LT.

We should be much better next year - maybe not where we want to be evantually, but much deeper and improved from this year. Even with Hardrick I think Smith is the best LT on the roster next year - I think Hardrick may be a LT someday, but this year I want to see him at RT.

Injuries and an utter lack of depth killed us this year. With Burkes, our depth is excellent, without him we had no RT that we could depend on, and with MJones as our backup LT the injuries to Smith and MJones were crushing. As it was, Williams played with a torn pec (not a great season, but he was hurting), smith had ankle and back injuries and could have used about 2 weeks off to heal, but never got them, Caputo will likely have surgery off season, MJones had numerous injuries, and Hickman was banged up a lot also.

I see:

LT: Smith; Hardrick/MJones/Sirles or Coffey

LG: Williams/Qvale; Choi

C: Caputo; Thorson/Ash

RG: Henry/Qvale; DJ Jones

RT: Hardrick; MJones/Sirles or Coffey

Just curious but how do you think that smith is our best left tackle? I understand Hardrick hasn't even played a down yet so it's hard to project how he will translate. However I think Smith has been one of our worst o linemen during his time here, as a run blocker. I think he is a pretty decent pass blocker bc he is pretty athletic but he just doesn't have the size or strength to be an effective run blocker. I know size doesn't mean everything but that's usually the case if you're short, not 6'6. I absolutely think that since Hardrick is coming in for spring ball he will be the starter the entire season. The line should be much improved with the addition of Qvale, Sirles, Ash and Coffey. I also wonder what happened to Brandon Thompson bc I know they were really impressed with him last year then this year they don't even give him a chance.

Just curious but how do you think that smith is our best left tackle? I understand Hardrick hasn't even played a down yet so it's hard to project how he will translate. However I think Smith has been one of our worst o linemen during his time here, as a run blocker. I think he is a pretty decent pass blocker bc he is pretty athletic but he just doesn't have the size or strength to be an effective run blocker. I know size doesn't mean everything but that's usually the case if you're short, not 6'6. I absolutely think that since Hardrick is coming in for spring ball he will be the starter the entire season. The line should be much improved with the addition of Qvale, Sirles, Ash and Coffey. I also wonder what happened to Brandon Thompson bc I know they were really impressed with him last year then this year they don't even give him a chance.

Smith was really banged up this year, ankles and back and really would have taken time off to heal except for the fact that we didn't have anyone else there - I think the injuries hurt his run blockign more than his pass blocking, although he wasn't nearly the player he could be because of the injuries. He could use another 10 lbs (remember, he's a DE convert), but has built himself up to probably be one of the stonger guys on the OL during winter testing last year - unfortunately the injuries didn't allow him to show it this year. In terms of protecting the blind side, he's the best guy we have right now, and the only tackle who we can leave w/o a TE covering. He is the only guy we havre right now with the athleticism and experience at LT. Another year, some good health and another 10 lbs will make Smith look pretty good.

Hardrick is a guy who a lot of people think should only a RT. I don't want to go into a season with an inexperienced guy playing LT. In my scenario, I see him getting snaps as the backup at LT to learn the position for 2011.

Thompson got moved to OG, but then was moved back to OT (from what I heard). I probably should have listed him as one of the backup OG's, but am not really sure where he'll fit right now.