What are we wanting out of the University of Texas and Big 12?

CornBall

Part of my issue is hearing over half the commercials and big screen announcements at the Big 12 Championship begin with "Attention Texas fans..." or "Texas fans, blah blah blah, here is something for you"... If Mack and whoever else wants to argue to have the game in Arlington every year, so be it-- but after hearing all of that all game, I'm going to find little stuff to nit-pick.

I completely agree with this. I thought it was hilarious how they did the kiss cams during timeouts but they were "segregated" to each team. The first time was for Texas fans and showcased nothing but Texas fans kissing. Then during the next time out it was the Husker kiss cam. They showcased a handful of Husker fans kissing. Then as the timeout was almost over they switched over to one last couple kissing....sure enough it was 2 Texas fans. Now instead of realizing the mistake and QUICKLY switching/panning away from them....they just left them up there, even though it was the Husker kiss cam. I know this is petty but it is just another example.

Please. That is so lame. You're going to up and join the Rust Belt over that? Cry me a freaking river.

Part of my issue is hearing over half the commercials and big screen announcements at the Big 12 Championship begin with "Attention Texas fans..." or "Texas fans, blah blah blah, here is something for you"... If Mack and whoever else wants to argue to have the game in Arlington every year, so be it-- but after hearing all of that all game, I'm going to find little stuff to nit-pick.

Another strange example of this that I noticed during the game is that they showcased a commercial type video for the University of Texas...it was a pretty cool video and I remember thinking to myself...."I can't wait to see the University of Nebraska video", to see how it compared. Well, sure enough....THEY NEVER SHOWED ONE.

I completely agree with this. I thought it was hilarious how they did the kiss cams during timeouts but they were "segregated" to each team. The first time was for Texas fans and showcased nothing but Texas fans kissing. Then during the next time out it was the Husker kiss cam. They showcased a handful of Husker fans kissing. Then as the timeout was almost over they switched over to one last couple kissing....sure enough it was 2 Texas fans. Now instead of realizing the mistake and QUICKLY switching/panning away from them....they just left them up there, even though it was the Husker kiss cam. I know this is petty but it is just another example.

Please. That is so lame. You're going to up and join the Rust Belt over that? Cry me a freaking river.

I said it was petty, RELAX....and I never said anything about joining the Rust Belt.

Another strange example of this that I noticed during the game is that they showcased a commercial type video for the University of Texas...it was a pretty cool video and I remember thinking to myself...."I can't wait to see the University of Nebraska video", to see how it compared. Well, sure enough....THEY NEVER SHOWED ONE.

B.S. Try another lame one. They showed a Nebraska commercial. Next beef?

I said it was petty, RELAX....and I never said anything about joining the Rust Belt.

Like I said.... this guy seems to want to stir crap up

Yeah because I'm SICK of all of the anti-Texas B.S.

Dude, you need to chill out. One guy starts a hypothetical thread about going to the Big 10 and you think every fan on here wants to leave the Big 12....you are sooooo wrong. Go start your wars in the Woodshed....you might not know what that is though since youve only been a member of the board for like 2 months....Im sure youre SOOOOOOOOO SICK of it.

I never thought I would type this but.....IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T OPEN THE TOPIC.

Texas gets its way in all things, not just the games.

The League office went from KC to Dallas.

The champ game is all but moved to Arlington for good.

The tv contract money is set up to funnel more to the Texas Schools.

Osborn warned everyone about it. He said that everything would move to be Texas centric and that the north teams needed to guard against it, and that has not happened.

Is your beef with Texas as in the state? Or Texas as in UT?

Last I checked, Austin is not a suburb of Dallas. It's a 3 hour trip to Austin from Dallas. 90 minutes to Baylor. 2.5 hours to A&M. 3 hours to Norman. 4 hours to Stillwater. 6 hours to Tech.

Hopefully you get the point: The University of Texas IS NOT in Dallas.

DFW has direct, non-stop flights to most of these markets. Kansas City DOES NOT. DFW is the home of MANY headquarters - not just the Big 12. Get over it.

The championship game being in Arlington is NOT a slight against Nebraska any more than it would be against any other team in the conference. NOTE: The University of Texas IS NOT in Arlington.

This is a WONDERFUL venue and if we are fortunate to get their most years, it will be HUGE for our Texas fan base, and HUGE for Texas and Oklahoma area recruiting.

I don't know much about all the TV revenue talk, but I'll take your word for it on that one. That's about the only sensible beef I've actually heard.

I am aware UT is not in Dallas, but its about the same as saying NU is not located in Omaha or Grand Island, still a home game. UT is the big game down there.

I guarantee Texas was the major player in getting things moved to the state. Sure its close to all the Texas schools, and farther for all the north schools. Makes it cheaper for all the south and cost more for the north for travel expenses.

Its all part of the mess where everything in this conference gets stacked for the south teams and stacked against for the north. Where the money goes so will the success, and right now with the lone exception of NU, its all going south.

Osborn warned everyone about it. He said that everything would move to be Texas centric and that the north teams needed to guard against it, and that has not happened.

Last I checked, Austin is not a suburb of Dallas. It's a 3 hour trip to Austin from Dallas. 90 minutes to Baylor. 2.5 hours to A&M. 3 hours to Norman. 4 hours to Stillwater. 6 hours to Tech.

DFW has direct, non-stop flights to most of these markets. Kansas City DOES NOT. DFW is the home of MANY headquarters - not just the Big 12. Get over it.

The championship game being in Arlington is NOT a slight against Nebraska any more than it would be against any other team in the conference. NOTE: The University of Texas IS NOT in Arlington.

This is a WONDERFUL venue and if we are fortunate to get their most years, it will be HUGE for our Texas fan base, and HUGE for Texas and Oklahoma area recruiting.

I don't know much about all the TV revenue talk, but I'll take your word for it on that one. That's about the only sensible beef I've actually heard.

The biggest problem I see is that the Big 8 ASKED 4 schools from a corrupt conference to join US. TU said that if they didn't get their way, they were going to go to the Pac-10. So the conference as a whole cow-towed to TU and the rest is history.

If you want to talk about placing championship tournaments/games in a place that is centrally located and easily accessible to everyone, KC or OKC would be the best locations. The Big 12 basketball tournament was moved but never, EVER should have been. It was great in KC for as long as it was held there. Like you said, its only 3 hrs from Austin or Norman to Arlington, but its 10-11 hrs from Columbia, Lincoln or Omaha, 8 hrs from Lawrence or Manhattan, and 12 hours from Ames.

Of course Arlington is not a suburb of Austin but have you ever been there? Its like NU playing in Omaha and saying that its not a home game for them. The fan support in DWF for TU is staggering.

Are you really saying that there are not many direct flights to KC Intl? Really? Well, if games were held there, most of the people could DRIVE instead of fly. Wouldn't that make sense? I know that there are many headquarters of other companies in DFW, but there are in KC, St. Louis, Des Moines, Omaha, and OKC as well. Just like the basketball tournament, there was NO REASON to move the hdqtrs to Dallas. None.

Also, another huge factor is football recruiting and the rules imposed. Teams can no longer accept non qualifiers and can only take 1 partial, where as before, NU was able to take a limited amount of non/partial qualifiers. Guys like C. Peter, Tomich, Jamel Williams, and Tyrone Williams were guys that would not be allowed in the Big 12. Texas has alot of Jr. Colleges that non-qualifiers go to, and then TU can have their pick of that talent, as well as the pick of pretty much any Texas high school kid. These rules just made recruiting that much harder for NU, ISU, KSt, etc, and is one of the main reason why Osborne retired when he did.

I'm of the opinion that we shouldnt joing the Big 10 conference, well, because it sucks. We should take the rest of the North, get teams like Arkansas, TCU, Houston, maybe a Utah, BYU, or Boise St. and make our own Great MidWest Conference. Run it the way it should be run. If OU and OSU want to come along, great. But I'm tired of letting TU get its way. It sucks, its harming the conference, and it could lead to its demise.

Why do you want to hear legit "beefs" if you just call the people who post them whiners and cry-babies?

Because a TV commercial on a big board isn't legit.

Depends, was it a free ad or did UT pay for it? If it was free its an issue. If UT paid it is not an issue as long as NU was offered the same chance to buy an ad.

I am aware UT is not in Dallas, but its about the same as saying NU is not located in Omaha or Grand Island, still a home game. UT is the big game down there.

I guarantee Texas was the major player in getting things moved to the state. Sure its close to all the Texas schools, and farther for all the north schools. Makes it cheaper for all the south and cost more for the north for travel expenses.

Its all part of the mess where everything in this conference gets stacked for the south teams and stacked against for the north. Where the money goes so will the success, and right now with the lone exception of NU, its all going south.

Yeah, but you have to realize the central location of DFW to the vast majority of the conference. The fact that it is "in" the actual state of Texas doesn't rile me particularly.

I'd like to hear more about how the conference tilts toward the south. Specifics?

How about Texas refusing to join the Conference unless Nebraska got rid of it's Prop 48 program? Wouldn't that qualify as them trying to control the league? They got what they wanted, NU had to dump the program. If you don't beleive the Conference was set up around Texas, please do some research and study up on what all happened when the league was formed.