What are we wanting out of the University of Texas and Big 12?

CornBall

How about Texas refusing to join the Conference unless Nebraska got rid of it's Prop 48 program? Wouldn't that qualify as them trying to control the league? They got what they wanted, NU had to dump the program. If you don't beleive the Conference was set up around Texas, please do some research and study up on what all happened when the league was formed.

But when conferences are formed, isn't there some give and take? I mean, wouldn't it be natural for the most powerful at the table tend to pursue their interests? I mean, isn't that a bit of human nature?

What is the Prop 48 program by the way? How was NU damaged?

Maybe there is some negotiation, but when a school is invited to a league because THEIR league went belly up due to it being corrupt, and that point you live by the rules of the league that is successful. Besides, there was no give and take. None. TU dictated what it want, and it got it. EVERYTHING NU voted against was voted in by the rest of the league.

If you don't know what Prop 48 is, this is really a dead issue, and you really need to research what happened when the league was formed. Was NU damaged????? WFT, you tell me. Is it an coincidence that NU went from the most feared, bad-assed, ass-kicking program of the mid 90's to a team struggling to regain national prominance. Getting rid of the Prop 48 rule was meant to SPECIFICALLY hurt NU's football program, and it did.

So the reason we declined had nothing to do with Bill Callahan, and everything to do with the University of Texas pressing the Prop 48 issue? Frank Solich won 75% of his games. I don't call that a decline. It's not UT's fault that Dan Alexander fumbled going into the endzone. Or was it?

As for UT...I recall them being a strictly MARGINAL program until just a few short years ago.

Fumbles and seconds on the clock is not the point to my statement. Those are things nobody has control over. All I'm saying is if you look at the facts when the Conference was set up, it was set up to make 11 schools catch up with NU as fast as possible, Texas made most of these rules and they were voted in by 10 other schools. If you research the Conference you will see that the majority of the votes were 10 to 1. And I also agree, if your going to bring up this subject, you should at least know the facts about Prop 48. Without it we don't win 3 National Championships.

Also, at the time the Big 12 was formed, TU was NOT the most powerful, NU was, with CU and K St being up there, too. TU should have had NO power in negotiating anything, seeing as how the SWC self-distructed.

Does CornBall not see any correlation between the Big 12's formation, and the rise of TU, T Tech, OSU, and OU, and the fall of NU, K St., CU, and to some degree KU (they did finish in the top 10 of football polls the last year of the Big 8).

of course he doesn't because he is a sycophant to all that sucks and must be nuked...ie every piece of garbage from texas. i vote we walk him off the plank.

I thought it was Buckhalter that fumbled against UT

back then, it was kinda hard the keep track. as much as i loved buckhalter and alexander as players, *both* of them had the unfortunate ability cough-up the ball at the most inopportune times.

and it's not like solich didn't understand *how* to teach ball control...

rNjA8v8PHDU

What am I wanting out of the Big 12?

I would like Beebe to grow a pair. I would like a better TV contract. I would like better bowl affiliations. I would like the South - specifically Texas - not to be favored so much. I would like him to actually DO SOMETHING TO MAKE THE CONFERENCE BETTER. He's probably one of the worse commissioners of the majors. Other than that, he is doing an excellent job in every area.

And as far as Texas goes, yeah, the review was illegal, but it's done and over with. The Big 12 wanted to send Texas to the championship and they got their wish. However, Texas was exposed in every game in which they played a legit defense and I don't suspect Alabama will be any different.

Texas is going to get punched in the mouth, and I'm going to love every minute of it.

To clarify on the 'big screen commercials,' I'm not saying that they didn't have a NU ad to balance the UT ad. I'm saying, I didn't like how nearly every announcement began with "attention Texas fans." You know, the game was (and always will be with the format we have) between one South team and one North team. (And if you want to look at a 'central' location, why don't we look at the difference between one south and one north team at a time? Aren't those the schools that actually have to travel to the game?)

And still, this isn't a big issue. They were appealing to the actual audience-- since 99 percent of the field-level suites were Texas-owned...

all I can say is just wow. I'm just shocked at the angst against the state of Texas and against UT. I've made dozens of trips to Lincoln proudly wearing my "North Texas Nebraskans" gear and haven't ever experienced this.

Does anyone on here care that Texas has more Nebraska fans than any other state...besides Nebraska? No other state would even come close.

You guys' hard-on for Texas is whacked out.

We got a fourth of our roster from the Lone Star State - kids that turned away offers from various Texas schools to go to Lincoln and bust their asses. Their parents are proud Texans for Nebraska.

Of all my years living in Texas, I don't know that I have ever heard a negative comment from fellow Texans about the NU program.

I wish that could work the other way around. I thought Nebraskans were bigger than this.

As far as the comment to drop ISU and Baylor, stop looking at the conference as football only. Both ISU and Baylor have had successful Mens and Womens B-Ball programs, and ISU has an excellent wrestling program among other sports they excel in. To isolate 2 schools from a conference where they contribute in other areas of athletics is not fair.

As far as the comment to drop ISU and Baylor, stop looking at the conference as football only. Both ISU and Baylor have had successful Mens and Womens B-Ball programs, and ISU has an excellent wrestling program among other sports they excel in. To isolate 2 schools from a conference where they contribute in other areas of athletics is not fair.

+1.

Baylor's track and field program is one of the best in the nation. Many Olympian medalists from Baylor. Surely this is good for the Big 12.

all I can say is just wow. I'm just shocked at the angst against the state of Texas and against UT. I've made dozens of trips to Lincoln proudly wearing my "North Texas Nebraskans" gear and haven't ever experienced this.

Does anyone on here care that Texas has more Nebraska fans than any other state...besides Nebraska? No other state would even come close.

We got a fourth of our roster from the Lone Star State - kids that turned away offers from various Texas schools to go to Lincoln and bust their asses. Their parents are proud Texans for Nebraska.

Of all my years living in Texas, I don't know that I have ever heard a negative comment from fellow Texans about the NU program.

I wish that could work the other way around. I thought Nebraskans were bigger than this.

What kind of cheese do you eat with all of this whine?

My god, grow a pair and knock this crap off. All your posts are talking about how horrible Texas is being treated by Nebraska fans. Cry me a freaking river!

I have zero angst toward Texas or about Texas. I have friends and family from Texas and currently living in Texas. I've heard the gamut from Texas Fans love Nebraska to Texas fans giving Nebraska fans a raft of crap every day. It happens everywhere, from all teams to all teams, and there's nothing you or I or anyone can do about it.

This tired old "I thought Nebraska fans were better than this" is childish. Expecting EVERY SINGLE MEMBER of a fan base to constantly exhibit your idea of proper behavior smacks of such a ridiculous brand of pollyannaism that I can't fathom how you could possibly be old enough to have gone to college, let alone grad school.

You're going to have Nebraska fans who don't like Texas and have nothing good to say about them. You're going to have Nebraska fans who have nothing but good things to say about Texas. Wringing your hands over the former like this is just stupid.

You knew what would happen when you started a thread like this. If you didn't, it's on you.

You knew what would happen when you started a thread like this. If you didn't, it's on you.

Gee, speaking of pleasantries, thank you and good day. :LOLtartar

My god, grow a pair and knock this crap off. All your posts are talking about how horrible Texas is being treated by Nebraska fans. Cry me a freaking river!

I have zero angst toward Texas or about Texas. I have friends and family from Texas and currently living in Texas. I've heard the gamut from Texas Fans love Nebraska to Texas fans giving Nebraska fans a raft of crap every day. It happens everywhere, from all teams to all teams, and there's nothing you or I or anyone can do about it.

This tired old "I thought Nebraska fans were better than this" is childish. Expecting EVERY SINGLE MEMBER of a fan base to constantly exhibit your idea of proper behavior smacks of such a ridiculous brand of pollyannaism that I can't fathom how you could possibly be old enough to have gone to college, let alone grad school.

You're going to have Nebraska fans who don't like Texas and have nothing good to say about them. You're going to have Nebraska fans who have nothing but good things to say about Texas. Wringing your hands over the former like this is just stupid.

:thumbs

Gee, speaking of pleasantries, thank you and good day.

If you can't stand the heat....

and you're the ultimate heat giver, right?

You say so. I'm just calling you out on your huge pantie bunch. If you think that's the "ultimate heat," whatever.

there's one like you on every board. The one that's "above the fray". The one that always has the last word. The ultimate comeback. The one that can discern legitimate discussion from panty bunch. The one who can express his own opinion, yet diss anyone else who might express theirs. God I admire you.

I love America. :thumbs