now i am really POed

Here I am, getting ready to head out of Germany and see my family for the Christmas Holiday and the cable company in my hometown has pissed me off.

I have been gone for over a year, and didnt get to see many Husker games on AFN in Iraq, so I had my wife buy all of the pay-per-view games, and record all of the regular broadcast games on the HD DVR that I pay extra each month for.

Yesterday my wife couldnt get the TV to turn on, and the cable box was blinking strange letters/numbers on the LED.

She called the cable company and when the tech got there she was told that the box was fried, and all of the TV shows, football games, movies that she had recorded were history with no way of recovery

:steam

Wow...that is rough. It's amazing how many stories like this I hear about cable companies. We all spend soooo much money every month and yet the service we receive is almost guaranteed to be less than satisfactory (to put it nicely).

This isn't even close to watching full games but for what it's worth, check out the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjFzM9kJdOY

http://www.youtube.com/user/MatcoSports#p/u

This is his youtube homepage.

This guy has the Arkansas State and Florida Atlantic games broken down into 10 minute highlight reals. Again, I know it's not what you want but it's something. He also has a bunch of other highlights from games in the past.

that sux man, i wish there was a way to retrieve those recordings from the box. Personally i have to deal with digital cable everyday and the products out there are less then stellar, but it is what it is, and they are expensive as hell to buy. I do know some of my wealthier customers use TiVo with a cable card and seem to have good luck, but cable cards is a dead technology already. As with everything else, technology will get better in time.

I'm also willing to throw in a few bucks, and especially for one of our own who has served in harms way.

Cable companies can not be trusted. They have the same F U mentality as any of the companies that have monopolistic businesses, the phone company and the electric company included. They just don't care if their customer service stinks because they know you have no where else to go.

T_O_B

:facepalm:

Rawhide is on this .

First we need a dvd source. Huskernation should have them all. Next Rawhide is eligible for a discount for his efforts here. Lastly we need to get a total and chip in.

We are working on the price and logistics so we can chip in if so inclined..

Rob were on this Bro!

Let us know where and how many $$$ are needed. I'll help.

Damn Husker Rob that sucks.......same thing happened to me with my Dish Network receiver the DuoDVR VIP 722 model. I was watching the Big 12 Championship game at my place with my fiancee, my buddy and his pregnant wife. With 12 minutes left in the 2nd quarter half of the screen turned green while the other half had green lines running horizontal and you could see Zac Lee about ready to pass the ball while the screen was frozen.

I called Dish and was talking to them for almost 26 minutes while my fiancee had her parents on her phone giving us play by play updates. I ended up driving to my parents house who only live 2 blocks away to show up just in time to see the start of the 3rd quarter.

Needless to say I had the Mizzou, OU, K-State, and Colorado games all recorded even though I've seen all four games and that my receiver was fried and no way of transferring those games to my new receiver. Looks like I'll be getting those games on DVD.