quarterbacks....

Hunter94

Lee, Green and Washington......with little or no prospect of getting a top notch recruit. i can't help thinking, really, how do we get better next year without a proven commodity? i know, Green could get better, in fact, i think that he is our only hope, because Lee is going to play like Lee. without a playmaker at QB, it already feels like next season is here. not trying to be pessimistic, but the reality of it is not good.

How do you know the reality isn't good? That's way premature. Green is just a true freshman. Who knows how he'll turn out?

We have a lot of QBs on the team right now. Taylor Martinez and Ron Kellogg (Scout Team Offensive MVP) are two that could compete for playing time.

I think we're way jumping the gun with the panic mode at QB. We need to shore up the O Line first, then worry about QB.

How do you know the reality isn't good? That's way premature. Green is just a true freshman. Who knows how he'll turn out?

We have a lot of QBs on the team right now. Taylor Martinez and Ron Kellogg (Scout Team Offensive MVP) are two that could compete for playing time.

I think we're way jumping the gun with the panic mode at QB. We need to shore up the O Line first, then worry about QB.

Agreed. Everything i've read about Martinez has been nothing but positive.

I would have less of a problem with Watson if NU had a QB coach. That way Wats would be able to concentrate on the Offense, and someone could teach the QB's how to play. Even if Wats doesn't stay, then NU needs a QB coach and an OC. I just don't believe that an OC can split his duties.

That's why Joe Ganz is joining the staff as a "volunteer assistant" :)

Did we have any Quarterbacks this year? :dunno I thought they were all manager trainees. "Manage the game .....manage the game? First they need to pick their offensive strategy then find a Quarterback.

Watson is still fighting to do the spread and stretch the field, than they change to a smashmouth running attack. IMO they need to pick something that works with the offensive players they currently have on the team.

this can make an average QB (Lee) look and play alot better. alot of his hurried reads and lack of going through his progression can be blamed on the inconsistencies of the o line.

Agreed. Everything i've read about Martinez has been nothing but positive.

I've heard that he's being stubborn and that the coaches want to move him to defense and he refuses. I've also heard that he's hated by his teammates and that his roommate, Eric Martin, wants to switch out of his room next semester...

Lee, Green and Washington......with little or no prospect of getting a top notch recruit. i can't help thinking, really, how do we get better next year without a proven commodity? i know, Green could get better, in fact, i think that he is our only hope, because Lee is going to play like Lee. without a playmaker at QB, it already feels like next season is here. not trying to be pessimistic, but the reality of it is not good.

Lee had his chance and does not deserve the start in the Holiday Bowl, Let Green and Washington take the reins and look out next year when Martinez gets his chance.

this can make an average QB (Lee) look and play alot better. alot of his hurried reads and lack of going through his progression can be blamed on the inconsistencies of the o line.

so then was it great/better qb play, or great/better line play, that made our offense look so great against the sun belt? im not being sarcastic. ive truly been wondering this. against those weaker foes, our offense looked, well, damn good. so what was it?