Texas Tech suspends Leach

If this wasn't Craig James' son making this allegation, we would have never heard about this.

Right... like all the famous folks who came forth against Mangino. We would have heard about it. Trust me.

You truly believe that? Crap like this happens a lot more than you would like to think. First with Mangino and now with Leach, I wonder if the floodgates open with kids alleging abuse against their coaches. If this wasn't Craig James son, this would have been settled in house, without media and public relations personnel involved. The Tech WR coach wrote a letter to the AD describing that Adam James had to be disciplined mutliple times for his lack of effort and focus. James retorted that his effort was fine. The WR coach stated this was James' way of getting back at the coaches. Regardless of what has gone on, James is now completely alienated himself from the team.

Also, why the hell would the university ask Leach to apologize for such a "heinous act"? If this was so serious, an apology would not have fixed it. Fact is, Craig James' ego was hurt because Leach doesn't care who he is/was and they wanted Leach to pay for what they perceived as mistreatment.

A killer cacti exclusive:

It is their time to celebrate,

it is the best day of the year.

For they are so damn happy,

they may even shed a tear.

The place will surely tremble,

the place will surely shake.

So much celebration,

it'd be like an earthquake.

So lend them an ear,

listen to their voice.

Today, it's their turn,

Fat little girlfriends will rejoice.

there has to be something more to this, at least tech better hope so..because this shed stuff is ridiculous. check out the two places that puzzypants james was held captive.....remember the first one is on the middle of the practice field, so he could watch practice from there.

VIDEO

man, his lawyer is a whole bag of fun, aint he? geesh.

I hope, when this is all said and done, Texas Tech University will have to be renamed to Texas Leach University.

They literally screwed themselves. Leach himself has a law degree from Pepperdine and I am sure has excellent representation. I wonder if Adam James is getting some blanket parties these days.

there has to be something more to this, at least tech better hope so..because this shed stuff is ridiculous. check out the two places that puzzypants james was held captive.....remember the first one is on the middle of the practice field, so he could watch practice from there.

VIDEO

You can bet the real reason is insubordination. AD and Chancellor tell Leach to apologize, lest Texas Tech gets a black eye, ala Kansas. Leach refuses. Plenty of friction between admin and Leach to begin with so Leach shots himself in the foot over pride and ego and provides a great excuse to fire him.

VIDEO

You can bet the real reason is insubordination. AD and Chancellor tell Leach to apologize, lest Texas Tech gets a black eye, ala Kansas. Leach refuses. Plenty of friction between admin and Leach to begin with so Leach shots himself in the foot over pride and ego and provides a great excuse to fire him.

true. they backed him in a corner, and have been trying to get rid of him for awhile now. i respect that he didnt sign any apology letters or whatever, because they would have used that as admission and fired him anyways. check out these emails, between a booster and the athletic dept. these guys have had it out for leach for awhile now. i guess we all kind of know it goes on, but seeing in writing that a booster has this much control over a div 1 athletic dept is kind of eye opening. pay attention to the dates...theyve been looking for a way to run him out of town for over a year.

EMAIL STRING

Excerpt:

To: Hance, Kent

Sent: Fri Jan 09 23:31:56 2009

Subject: Re: Mike Leach Offer

Good, ignore anything they do between now and tuesday except acknowledging receipt of his fully executed contract as presented. I hope he doesnt sign, that gives us a full year to find a new coach after we fire him next season and pay off the remaining year on his contract.

New York Times Interview

I feel bad for tech fans. This is obviously a railroading by not only the James family, but by rich boosters who didnt like Mike Leach's style and that he didnt fit in with the "west texas way."

Leach said that Craig James called the assistant coach Lincoln Riley so often to lobby for playing time that they had a meeting with Adam James. They played him two of the messages and asked, “How would you feel if we went in there to the meeting room and we stuck speakers up and we played these two messages for the team?”

Leach added: “After that we didn’t get any more phone calls from Craig, but he did proceed to call administrators.”