Texas Tech suspends Leach

By Don Williams on December 28th, 2009 73 Comments Printer-Friendly

Tech football coach Mike Leach was suspended for ordering a player to stand in shed at the Tech football practice facility for two hours, then repeating the punishment two days later because he felt the player was faking an injury that happened during practice on Dec. 16, the Avalanche-Journal has learned.

A source told the A-J Leach did not dispute the facts, brought to the university’s attention by the player and his parent.

Leach had until Monday to write an apology and when he did not, the university felt it had to take action.

“This was not taken lightly,” the source said, adding that Leach did not show any signs of remorse or did not say he wouldn’t do it again.

The player suffered a concussion at practice on Dec. 16 and Leach thought the player was faking.

The next day at practice, the player was ordered to stand in a shed. Leach had him watched and when he sat down, Leach had things removed from the shed so he could not sit down.

Two days later, Leach had the player stand in a dark room for three hours.

During the university’s initial investigation, Leach said the player was a slacker and his father was always calling and acting like a Little League dad.

If this is true!!!!!

Can you say, a new coach is heading to Lubbock?

This guy handled this badly and should lose his job over this.

Wasn't he having issues about his contract a season ago when he had like 11 wins.

I think he has an indifferent relationship with the AD here.

Sounds like another TTU coach. Bobby Knight!!!!

Bo, please keep you cell phone on!!!!

Another player mistreatment witchhunt! Too bad for him cause I really like him as a coach. Just hate the fact that he always finds a way to beat Nebraska.

let's be honest: leach didn't have to look to hard to find a way to beat nebraska this year.

Now it is the PC thing to say.

Christ grow a pair you little whiney ba$tard. I am sure you are spoiled rotten and Leach was sick of it.

Who knows the whole story, but if standing in the dark is tough punishment and inhumane we better be sending all our armed forces back home, because they certainly are being abused by these standards.

Better tell him he is good, and that mean old Ball Coach is picking on him. Have Daddy call again.

What a crock!!!!!!

Trust me boys, my guess is this is going to hit on our door step before long. Bo is not the sweetes little lamb out there.

Trust me boys, my guess is this is going to hit on our door step before long. Bo is not the sweetes little lamb out there.

I don't think we have to worry about Bo recruiting any crybaby pussies.

I bet Mangino and Leach didn't think they were recruiting any crybaby pussies. These are the type of kids every coach now really has to be concerned about.

At least you have to give Notre Dame some admiration. They fired their coach and honored his contract. Now all schools have to do is find a few upset kids and negotiate what the final buyout will be (Kansass). This year's word is FAT in college ball. Fat coaches getting fired and complaining about fat girlfriends gets you fired.

Now it is the PC thing to say.

Christ grow a pair you little whiney ba$tard. I am sure you are spoiled rotten and Leach was sick of it.

Who knows the whole story, but if standing in the dark is tough punishment and inhumane we better be sending all our armed forces back home, because they certainly are being abused by these standards.

Better tell him he is good, and that mean old Ball Coach is picking on him. Have Daddy call again.

What a crock!!!!!!

I'd be for that...good call!

forced isolation isn't just mistreatment, it's abuse. Leach deserves to go to prison if this is true.