Mike Leach to be named O.C. at Nebraska after Holiday Bowl

So I was talking the other day to Tom Osbornes pastor's son's brother in law's brother..

He was saying that his brother over heard his father who over heard his pastor on the phone in a bathroom stall in the basement of the church talking on a cell phone. The conversation eluded to the notion that after the Holiday Bowl Shawn Watson is going to resign to take a position on the coaching staff of the University of Washington and that Mike Leach was going t be flown into Lincoln on a private jet and introuduced as offensive coordinator at the Nebraska vs. Maryland Eastern Shore mens basketball game along with philandering Carl's replacement at defensive coordinator, Bo Pelini's salt water aquarium guy.

Aggie claims Leach has gone insane (ie. want's to be their OC):

Coach Leach has been in touch with Coach Sherman about Nolan Cromwell's status for next season. He wants to get back at Gerald, and he has figured out a way to do it.

This is not a joke.

Sherman is still upset about the comments made about McGee but has not yet declined interest. Told Leach to wait and see how everything pans out and to not jeopardize his injunction lawsuit in the meantime.

i'll post updates as i get them. i'd bet if this is going to happen, that news will be reported sooner than later. out of deference to cromwell, a&m will not entertain the media on this until nolan has officially been hired (by the way, three NFL teams are after nolan...one is in-state).

More as I get it. Nohing more on Leach to tell today. His legal team is posturing to decide how best to handle the situation. One guy in the department claims Sherman is pondering this, but I'm going to wait to see what my other, closer guy says.

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp...&forum_id=6

I'm not sure Leach knows how to take advantage of a mobile quarterback.

I really don't think that Leach will go to the NFL. The guy runs such a basic system he would get eaten alive in the nfl. Also why does everyone think that these SUCCESSFUL HEAD COACHES would take an assistant job. These two coaches have taken their teams to heights that they have never been before and bc of some bad decisions and punk kids in some instances they got fired. They will not be assistant coaches anywhere in any league. Its the same talk as "maybe gill will be our oc, maybe solich will come back to be our oc". Why in the world would successful head coaches take a demotion. I could see if they tanked like Prince or Robinson but when youre a winner its dumb to even talk about.

Let's see, either take a coordinator job or have no job at all. Hmm, I wonder what they'll do? Mangino could easily set out a year or two considering the 3 million reasons he has. However, Leach unless he's awarded some huge settlement doesn't have this luxury. Rick the prick Nudeheisel ended up in the NFL. Solich and Gill coming back was rediculous because they weren't fired being deemed damaged goods. Mangino and Leach were both fired. Colleges will shy away from them because of this as being their face of their football programs.

So I was talking the other day to Tom Osbornes pastor's son's brother in law's brother..

He was saying that his brother over heard his father who over heard his pastor on the phone in a bathroom stall in the basement of the church talking on a cell phone. The conversation eluded to the notion that after the Holiday Bowl Shawn Watson is going to resign to take a position on the coaching staff of the University of Washington and that Mike Leach was going t be flown into Lincoln on a private jet and introuduced as offensive coordinator at the Nebraska vs. Maryland Eastern Shore mens basketball game along with philandering Carl's replacement at defensive coordinator, Bo Pelini's salt water aquarium guy.

Rumor will be confirmed when we see somebody building a shed with no windows that locks from the outside near Memorial Stadium.

When you are as successful as Mangino and Leach have been you don't need to just take a job to take one. No they didn't win a NC or even a CC but they did take traditionally middle of the pack or bottom of the pack teams and take them damn near to the top. Ya Neuheisal went to the NFL but he did get a college head coaching job. What Mangino did was pretty jerkish but I don't think it will cost him getting another head coaching job, same goes for leach. It's not like these guys are just spending all their money like they are rap stars I'm sure with the millions they've been making the past five or so years they can afford to take a year off if needed. Take Tuberville for example, he got fired and you didn't see him panic and take the first OC job available did you? Can you even name me a few college head coaches who have been even average, got fired then took an assistants job in college?