Huskers Legit MNC contender in 2010

Well, after the 07 season and we hired Bo, we knew he would head the Huskers in the right direction. Yet, I don't think many if any of us thought we would see the turn around we have had, happen this fast. Who would have thought that in Bo's third season we would have a VERY legitimate shot at a MNC.

To quote what Bo said tonight after the game, " the Huskers are back and here to stay." TO has to be proud after what we all saw tonight.

I guess you could say, we always have a shot, as do any other team in a BCS conference does.

The win last night, was extremely convincing as to where the football program is headed.

While there is also "other" news in the college football world, this win gives the Huskers more great press nationally, and will help with recruiting.

Offensively, we still have some work to do, but it will get there.

I think we have been banged up more than what was really reported, and having more guys healthy for this game showed.

What also impressed me is how Zac Lee ran the ball. He showed quick decision making and got North South and ran with determination and attitude.

The elbow surgery that was reported after the game, changes allot of how I feel about Lee. I also think he has grown this year, and predict he will be our starting QB next year.

Burkhead, what can you say but just WOW!

We will have better depth at the oline position next year as well.

So, if you add all this up, with a somewhat favorable schedule and it certainly does look very doable.

Texas will have to break in a new QB, OU is struggling with theirs, OSU will be breaking in a new QB, KU will be doing the same (Turner will do a great job though), TT will fall off the map and I think the North might even be stronger than the south for a change.

I see NU as a favorite for not only the Big12 North, but the Big 12 conference championship as well.

This could put us in the national title game, and who else is going to contend next year?

Texas will have to break in a new QB

We also lose at least half our O line. I'm not sure if that's a positive or a negative right now. If the hype surrounding GG is at least 30% true, QB won't be our weak link. Should be a fun game in Lincoln.

Living in Austin and seeing Gilbert first hand, I can promise you, QB will not be an issue next year...BUT the O-line protecting him will be...

Also folks, let's not get too carried away and overlook UW with Jake Locker at the helm. I am booking my trip to Seattle now! I honestly feel that will be a Top 10 matchup and GameDay will be in attendance!!!

Our O Line - even if it just performs the same as this year. Losing Colt & Shipley is tough, but we have so much young talent at the skill positions that I'm not too worried.

We lose Lamarr Houston and Sergio Kindle on D, but I think guys will step up so overall performance on D will remain stout. If we lose Earl Thomas to the draft, that will really hurt. The secondary is really young and talented though.

Well, I finally made it back. It was a long and exhausting harvest this year. Last night, we played the best football we've played in a long time. I compare it to the beatdown we gave Tennessee in 97'. I'm not exactly sure what Barney did to the OL, but it was by far their best performance. I'm as excited as everyone else about next year, but I'm having a hard time swallowing the pill being dished out. We all know games are won in the trenches. How in the heck is the defense going to be better next year after losing Suh and Turner? Did anyone notice how Baker was getting blown up in the 4th quarter?

I can't really bring myself to hope for the "M"NC next year... That's a lot to hope for so soon for Bo and the post-disaster Huskers. The schedule does look favorable, but it's been a really long time since we were able to string together a season without mistakes which is what it would probably take.

What I am hoping for, personally, is the chance to finally even the score a little bit against UT. They've had our number since the Big 12 started and I've been sorely itching for some payback ever since... Could next year finally be our year? Until we fix our Texas problem and reestablish dominance over *all* the also-rans in the Big 12, it's premature to think about titles. (It is admittedly fun though!)