Looking Ahead

WVhuskerXX

My list includes:

Jason Ankrah......spent time with him at team hotel.....kid physically looks like a beast !!! RS who practiced

with the No. 1 unit all year instead of scout team. IMO, he will start ahead of Allen or

Merideth.

Eric Martin.......enough said

LaVonte David.....see if the "hype" is true

Cody Green......will he emerge

** Can someone help me....how old is PJ Smith? I thought he RS this year, but obviously not. He will be a stud.

My list includes:

Jason Ankrah......spent time with him at team hotel.....kid physically looks like a beast !!! RS who practiced

with the No. 1 unit all year instead of scout team. IMO, he will start ahead of Allen or

Merideth.

** Can someone help me....how old is PJ Smith? I thought he RS this year, but obviously not. He will be a stud.

I want to see Alex Henerey improve on pinning the ball closer

to the goal line, i know inside the five is nice, but lets see some

more downed inside the 2.

All joking aside, i am excited to see if the offense can take any

of the momentum they built up in the bowl game and carry that

into spring ball with healthy players with another year under

their belts.

I agree with most of the previous posters that Eric Martin someone who should shine next year. Sipple from the LJS has something on their blog today (1/2) and will be in the newspaper on Sunday and Carl Pelini has some great things to say bout Eric Martin. I'd add PJ Smith, Jason Ankrah, Lavonte David and Thaddeus Randal to the list of the players that I'm looking forward to watching in 2010.

But in order for the 2010 team to get where we all want it to be we need a few players to step forward on the offensive line. Hopefully Mike Smith has started his last game at left tackle and Yoshi (Jamarcus Hardrick) will step up and be THE left tackle. I've got high hopes for Jeremiah Sirles and Brent Qvale can also step up and if not compete for a starting position, then at least push the returning starters.

I've seen tons of message board posts that want to know what kind of offense the Huskers will run in 2010 and whatever it is, its only as good as the guys blocking up front.

I agree with most of the previous posters that Eric Martin someone who should shine next year. Sipple from the LJS has something on their blog today (1/2) and will be in the newspaper on Sunday and Carl Pelini has some great things to say bout Eric Martin.

I want someone to step forward on the offensive line. Hopefully Yoshi (Jamarcus Hardrick) will step up and start at left tackle and I've got high hopes for Jeremiah Sirles and Brent Qvale can also step up and if not compete for a starting position, then at least push the returning starters. I've seen tons of message board posts that want to know what kind of offense the Huskers will run in 2010 and whatever it is, its only as good as the guys blocking up front.

I agree with you about the OL. It starts in the trenches.

Just to think how awesome dillard was this year at LB, I cant wait to see what Martin does.

Also Niles Paul he really has picked up his game through the year, he has become more reliable, and he reminds me of Percy Harvin. Basically a RB that play WR, you cant tackle that guy.

Also Niles Paul he really has picked up his game through the year, he has become more reliable, and he reminds me of Percy Harvin. Basically a RB that play WR, you cant tackle that guy.

I think it's a little much to compare Paul to Percy Harvin.

I think he means more of his style of play..not his production...

I think it's a little much to compare Paul to Percy Harvin.

I think he means more of his style of play..not his production...

of the two, style, maybe........but not THAT elusive.

My list includes:

Merideth.

PJ Smith is a true freshman. There was a video of him on the Husker Official site on getting to know the players. Amazing kid from a great football school in LA.

Coaches are very high and he will be a starter next year in my opinion.

Great kid. Great size and speed for a safety.

If you can't find the video of him, let me know I can try to post a link.