Thanks Zac Lee and 2009 Huskers

Twodocs

Zac Lee had a great game! And he has been one tough guy all season. He has grown. I am very proud of this team for the hard work and how they never once folded. This team led by Zac lee just kept coming. Even when the fans got on them they just gathered themselves kept working and kept coming. The Bo Pellini character and persona became the hallmark of guys who would just never quit.

How fitting the early seasoin goat, Matt O'Hanlon finished as the defensive player of a most remarkable Holiday BOWL. :star:star:star:star:star

I don't think that anybody saw what Lee was going to do in a million years. Lee played his best game as a Husker and actually showed us what he can do when he can run the ball. Lee played one hell of a game and I can't wait till next year and spring ball

Lee---> :nutz <-----unexpected Husker fans on not knowing on how Lee was going to play

ive re-watched this game...and i give more credit to the amazingly lazy arizona D than to any miraculous acts zac lee created. one game, where all the offense had to do was score a field goal, does not excuse lee's performance across the entire year. its like people want to saint him for actually playing, honestly, average. i congratulate him for last night, i do think he played strides better than he had against other BCS competition. but if he is the best we truly have going into next year, i hope the offensive line is much well improved...because our line sacking up tonight, the return of a bullnosed burkhead and the very vanilla play of arizona's d had much more to do with lee's success than him being some sudden great.

ive re-watched this game...and i give more credit to the amazingly lazy arizona D than to any miraculous acts zac lee created. one game, where all the offense had to do was score a field goal, does not excuse lee's performance across the entire year. its like people want to saint him for actually playing, honestly, average. i congratulate him for last night, i do think he played strides better than he had against other BCS competition. but if he is the best we truly have going into next year, i hope the offensive line is much well improved...because our line sacking up tonight, the return of a bullnosed burkhead and the very vanilla play of arizona's d had much more to do with lee's success than him being some sudden great.

what? :facepalm::wacko:

13/23 173 yards 1 TD Passing

18 Car 65 yards 3.6 avg 1 TD Rushing

we've become so accustomed to his mediocrity that this game and stat line has people saying i-told-you-so's and shouting what really amounts to false hope from the rooftops. this is an amazing performance? no, calling this a great game by him is a facepalm to how horribly he has sucked the rest of the year.

you want to thank someone? thank the offensive line for finally showing up, not zac lee. they were blowing lazy, hungover wildcats off the ball all day long. qb sneaks for 3-4 yards? thats not zac lee. there is a reason we resorted to running the 'wild corn' or whatever for the first time all year with a true freshman.

We can say what we want about Zac Lee but I think the guy has a great attitude and knows how to handle the criticism. I don't think he reads the garbage on the internet (i.e. us).

And Matt O'Hanlon has the true heart of a Husker. I'm happy for him. He's gone through a lot and made good on his dream; not too many people can say that.

Zac playing since Arkansas State with a torn tendon in his throwing arm most likely should be considered in his performance. Manning up and taking the pain, knowing that we had nothing in the wings that could accomplish their goals. Truly impressive.

I am not big on his talent level, but I feel he is the best we have. Green is not going to do it, and I doubt if ever.

Zac showed great courage this year, knowing he was injured and still giving it his all every game, taking the ridicule of most of us, and never making an excuse. That is leadership. He has the qualities to lead this team.

I see him as the starter next year, with hopes his injury heals and we see what he can really do.

Thanks Zac, you did one hell of a job under the circumstances.

The new knowledge that he played hurt does nothing to redeem him in my eyes. By keeping it secret he cost the team IMO. He was being selfish for playing time that would have helped developed Latravis Washinton or Cody Green. All the huskers needed was one more field goal in that game against Texas.

Now lollypoppers are beating their chests and saying "I told you so" because the bowl game wasn't another disaster. I feel let down. That bowl game was nothing more than an exhibition game in my eyes. With this GREAT defense the Huskers should have been playing for so much more. But no. Zac Lee was hiding his injury and hogging playing time at the cost of the team.

The new knowledge that he played hurt does nothing to redeem him in my eyes. By keeping it secret he cost the team IMO. He was being selfish for playing time that would have helped developed Latravis Washinton or Cody Green. All the huskers needed was one more field goal in that game against Texas.

Now lollypoppers are beating their chests and saying "I told you so" because the bowl game wasn't another disaster. I feel let down. That bowl game was nothing more than an exhibition game in my eyes. With this GREAT defense the Huskers should have been playing for so much more. But no. Zac Lee was hiding his injury and hogging playing time at the cost of the team.

That was really funny. You should write comedy sketches or something. You have a gift. :thumbs

what makes you think he was hiding it? no article said that. the staff knew. they just didn't let the big red internets know.

what makes you think he was hiding it? no article said that. the staff knew. they just didn't let the big red internets know.

13/23 173 yards 1 TD Passing

18 Car 65 yards 3.6 avg 1 TD Rushing

we've become so accustomed to his mediocrity that this game and stat line has people saying i-told-you-so's and shouting what really amounts to false hope from the rooftops. this is an amazing performance? no, calling this a great game by him is a facepalm to how horribly he has sucked the rest of the year.

you want to thank someone? thank the offensive line for finally showing up, not zac lee. they were blowing lazy, hungover wildcats off the ball all day long. qb sneaks for 3-4 yards? thats not zac lee. there is a reason we resorted to running the 'wild corn' or whatever for the first time all year with a true freshman.

He was good enough to have Texas beat with two seconds left.