Watson OC at Nebraska

Yeah lets throw another $375,000 at Watson. It isnt bad enough that Watson cost us a shot at playing for a national championship this year, lets let him do it again next year! & then he can finally put together a decent game plan for the bowl game & we can all jump on his bandwagon again! Hell, lets give him a raise while we're at it - he's done an 'excellent job in every area'

Edited by AngryHusker88
  • Fire 2

Yeah lets throw another $375,000 at Watson. It isnt bad enough that Watson cost us a shot at playing for a national championship this year, lets let him do it again next year! & then he can finally put together a decent game plan for the bowl game & we can all jump on his bandwagon again! Hell, lets give him a raise while we're at it - he's done an 'excellent job in every area'

Are you flipping kidding me?

• 4 weeks later...

:facepalm::facepalm:

People tend to forget our offense was pretty damn good last year. Injuries and graduation had to have some affect on this years O.

I'll be curious what people will think of Wat's if the O has a great season in 2010. I wonder how many Wat-haters will be leg-humpin him at that point.

You Callahan apologist's just never give up. Results?? Who needs them!! All those bad years SW had as the OC at CU? ahhh.....who cares!!

Our offense was beyond pathetic this year? 102nd in the nation?? So what!! Heck, why not bring back Cally & Coz? Hey, for sure.....results simply don't matter!

Thank God TO didn't think like you. For some, results do indeed "matter".

• Fire 1

People tend to forget our offense was pretty damn good last year. Injuries and graduation had to have some affect on this years O.

I'll be curious what people will think of Wat's if the O has a great season in 2010. I wonder how many Wat-haters will be leg-humpin him at that point.

You Callahan apologist's just never give up. Results?? Who needs them!! All those bad years SW had as the OC at CU? ahhh.....who cares!!

Our offense was beyond pathetic this year? 102nd in the nation?? So what!! Heck, why not bring back Cally & Coz? Hey, for sure.....results simply don't matter!

I'm going to hope for your sake you're not calling me a Callahan apologist.

I'm going to hope for your sake you're not calling me a Callahan apologist.

I belive he did. Don't be offended in some of his other posts he pretty much implied that anyone who doesn't want wats head on a platter is a callahan apologist. Notice he doesn't post much anymore. He probably won't untill the offense has a bad game. Then he will be back to bash SW some more.

I like Shawn Watson coming back this year, its much expected to be sure. I'm a strong believer in Staff continuity and I'm sure the kids who play believe in it too.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=1&SPID=22&ATCLID=204877724&DB_OEM_ID=100

For me it's not so much staff continuity as it is, Wats had a pretty damn good offense last year. People like to say we were ranked 6th or something in the Big 12 but when you 1) look at where we were ranked nationally and 2) who was ranked above us (TTU, OU, UT, etc), we were actually pretty good on offense. And lets face it, we lost a lot of good players from last years offense. Couple those with some of the injuries we had this year an it's not hard to see why there was some drop off. Albeit, I don't think anyone expected such a huge drop off. But I'm willing to give Wats a little more time.

I like Shawn Watson coming back this year, its much expected to be sure. I'm a strong believer in Staff continuity and I'm sure the kids who play believe in it too.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=1&SPID=22&ATCLID=204877724&DB_OEM_ID=100

For me it's not so much staff continuity as it is, Wats had a pretty damn good offense last year. People like to say we were ranked 6th or something in the Big 12 but when you 1) look at where we were ranked nationally and 2) who was ranked above us (TTU, OU, UT, etc), we were actually pretty good on offense. And lets face it, we lost a lot of good players from last years offense. Couple those with some of the injuries we had this year an it's not hard to see why there was some drop off. Albeit, I don't think anyone expected such a huge drop off. But I'm willing to give Wats a little more time.

+1 and I don't think the dropoff would have been as big if Lee/HeluBurkhead had all stayed healthy.

espnsucks.gif

http://www.huskers.c...4&DB_OEM_ID=100

+1 and I don't think the dropoff would have been as big if Lee/HeluBurkhead had all stayed healthy.

Even though Watson's comments last fall about it's experience and not years in the system still pisses me off, i'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that having the three biggest playmakers on offense injured for most of the year really put the offense behind the 8 ball for most of the 2009 season.

I think it is all too easily forgotten that Watson was one of the National Champion Crimson Tide's preseason choices for offensive coordinator. Now I cannot predict where he might have taken them, but if the current National Champions wanted him, he can't be too bad.

I have had my wall-punching scream-inducing moments with our offense this year, don't get me wrong. But Watson and Cotton need at least another year before we gather up the pitchforks.

Now if we want to talk about Gilmore. Thats another story...

• Fire 1