It all happened for a reason

The ups and downs....The loss to Virginia Tech, the 8 turnovers against ISU, and the heartbreaking loss to the 'Horns. The team was a mere 4 points away from being 13-1. It all happened for a reason.

It will make the team hungry.

It will make the coaches better.

It will make the fans more appreciative and less willing to take winning for granted.

Next year will be very exciting. We have a great team, a great coaching staff, and the schedule looks promising. The offense will improve and the defense is poised to be even better (if that's even possible).

Happy New Years Husker fans...We have much to look forward to in 2010. How does it feel to be a fan of a team that is on the verge of greatness?

Great post.

By halftime, the ESPN coaches, and even Mark May :hellloooo

were saying, "Nebraska is proving that they can hold their own against any other College Football team.

The Decade of 2010 had some ups and downs, and I think it was fitting that on the day before New Years Eve, Nebraska got their dominance back on track. Beginning with 2010, things will only get better. Nebraska is going to start getting top notch recruits flocking here to be a part of the amazing Nebraska Football Program.

The ups and downs....The loss to Virginia Tech, the 8 turnovers against ISU, and the heartbreaking loss to the 'Horns. The team was a mere 4 points away from being 13-1. It all happened for a reason.

It will make the team hungry.

It will make the coaches better.

It will make the fans more appreciative and less willing to take winning for granted.

Next year will be very exciting. We have a great team, a great coaching staff, and the schedule looks promising. The offense will improve and the defense is poised to be even better (if that's even possible).

Happy New Years Husker fans...We have much to look forward to in 2010. How does it feel to be a fan of a team that is on the verge of greatness?

I was just thinking the same thing. It was a two step forward one step back kinda of year that finished so much stronger then it started. I have to admit in mid October I was thinking WTF? Why are we getting worse? But I'll take a slow build the irons out all the wrinkles over a quick fix anyday.

Remember the 18-16 loss to FSU in 93? I wonder if the next two years, and the unfinished business tour, would have played out the same if we a. get killed in that game(we were 17 point underdogs) or b. win easily. 94' was a ride I will never forget as a fan and I can feel it starting now. 2010 is going to a good year. A real good, good year.

I was just thinking the same thing. It was a two step forward one step back kinda of year that finished so much stronger then it started. I have to admit in mid October I was thinking WTF? Why are we getting worse? But I'll take a slow build the irons out all the wrinkles over a quick fix anyday.

Remember the 18-16 loss to FSU in 93? I wonder if the next two years, and the unfinished business tour, would have played out the same if we a. get killed in that game(we were 17 point underdogs) or b. win easily. 94' was a ride I will never forget as a fan and I can feel it starting now. 2010 is going to a good year. A real good, good year.

I absolutely love and appreciate Bo as our head coach. The one concern that I have is that in both of his seasons here, we have had a bit of a mid-season swoon followed by a strong finish. We all know what the issues were, so I don't think there's a trend lurking there, but I'll be watching for it just the same.

It may all be for a reason, but it still sucks

I agree. It was certainly not fun going through it, but in the end I believe it will pay big dividends much like the FSU game in '93 did.

Byron Bennett wide right... I still have nightmares over it!!!

wide left?

Hmmm. I would be inclined to think the outcome of the FSU game (win or lose) wouldn't have made too much difference on the next two years. Maybe the stats wouldn't have been as good but you are talking about what is largely considered the greatest team of all-time in 1995, coming fresh off their first NC over Miami no less, and they didn't let up a bit.