OU Decommit

4-Star safety Eddrick Loften has decommited from Oklahoma.

Does anybody know if we could potentially go after him?

We don't need him. We need a QB or another WR.

If he wanted to come here I bet we would take him unless he does indeed have grade issues. I think we do need him incase Cooper decides not to come here.

Wow, seriously appropriate username AngryHusker.

Probably because we're in on other guys to fill out the class and it doesn't make sense to try to get in this late in the game with Loften only to tell him he's a backup option to a guy like Cooper that we are very much "in" with.

I don't know though, ESPN page indicates Nebraska interest...was he offered a scholly/ever seriously recruited by NU? Re-opening the doors would be a different story...

Some people dont get it. I am not going to point out who but you cant just up and contact a kid that you havnt talked to in months and expect him to commit to NU.

I think that we will get Cooper, Bell, Simek/Colter to end the class

Some people dont get it. I am not going to point out who but you cant just up and contact a kid that you havnt talked to in months and expect him to commit to NU.

I think that we will get Cooper, Bell, Simek/Colter to end the class

That made me laugh EZ-E

Its not like this Loften kid is some hayseed from western NE who has always dreamed of playing for NU and is just waiting by his phone for Bo to call.

Some people seem to think that all NU has to do is pick up the phone!

I have heard that he has grade issues as well but depending on what high school he goes to (public vs private) there are many things that can be done to help him out, especially with a semester of school left.

That being said, I have no idea if they are interested in each other.

Source

Eddrick Loften, S

Irving, TX

Nimitz High School

Scouts Grade: 79

Position Rank: 18

Top safety Eddrick Loften and the Oklahoma Sooners part ways

Three-star senior Eddrick Loften (Irving, Texas/Nimitz) will not sign as part of Oklahoma's Class of 2010, ESPN affiliate Web site OUInsider.com reports.

The 5-foot-11, 200-pound prospect was also pursued by programs including Arizona, Arkansas, Nebraska, Texas A&M and SMU.

Loften originally made an early commitment to the Sooners in February 2009.

The word is Oklahoma told Loften he could not visit any other schools while committed to OU, meanwhile Tony Jefferson, a safety ranked #6 out of Chula Vista, CA decommitted from UCLA and committed to the Sooners over the weekend.

Since Jefferson was ranked higher on Rivals at that position, OU notified Loften they didn't have any room for him. Kind of a kick in the nuts for a kid they told he couldn't look elsewhere.

TAMU, NU, AZU, and AR are on his list of interests.