Prince Pops Up on NFL Mock Draft...

We've heard nary a thing about Prince Amukamara declaring for the NFL Draft - and neither has NFLDrafScout's Chad Reuter. But that didn't stop Reuter from placing Amukamara in the first round of his latest Mock Draft, released Monday.

Amukamara is at No. 26 to Green Bay.

Here's what Reuter said in the piece:

"Although Charles Woodson is still at the top of his game at 33, Al Harris is 34 and finished the year on IR, and depth is severely lacking behind them. The Huskers' first-team All-Big 12 corner was extremely difficult for receivers to handle this season."

Naturally, Amukamara's appearance on any mock draft list rattles a Husker fan's wind chimes a little. He figures to be a big piece of the 2010 NU defense - provided he returns.

Reuter said he didn't place Amukamara in the Mock Draft because he has a hunch he's leaving; rather, Reuter watched Amukamara during the last half of the season, and saw a guy better than most of the seniors who will be in the Draft.

"I thought he deserved it for the way he played," Reuter said Tuesday. I would take him over most of the underclassmen."

Green Bay likes physical, rangy corners, Reuter said, and the 6-foot-1 Amukamara fits the bill.

Tennessee's Eric Berry is generally considered the top defensive back prospect in the NFL Draft. Just a junior, Berry could play corner or safety for a Cover 2 defense. The No. 2 guy in the Draft is Florida's fast, flashy Joe Haden.

I hope Prince stays. He will be needed if the front four don't get to the qb as quickly next year.

Btw, just don't challenge Prince and his crew to a game of basketball. Although I hear he will make you pancakes after. Pancakes!

Love the dave chappelle reference.. Prince Ak. was a good point guard for Apollo in Phoenix, i played against him in high school and he made me look silly.

Prince won't go he has made his decision and won't even submit his name for evaluation.

However, I think Prince would be smart at least throwing his name out there. If he is a 1st rounder with all the uncertainty in the NFL after next year it might be the time to go.

That said I'm glad he has made the decision he has so far! Maybe he sees the potential and knows all the money in the NFL won't ever get him a shot at a college National Title or even a Big 12 Title

I hope Prince stays. He will be needed if the front four don't get to the qb as quickly next year.

Btw, just don't challenge Prince and his crew to a game of basketball. Although I hear he will make you pancakes after. Pancakes!

Love the dave chappelle reference.. Prince Ak. was a good point guard for Apollo in Phoenix, i played against him in high school and he made me look silly.

Did he at leastpost-4425-1262850041.jpeg after the game?