QB Darian Godfrey

Nexus

After watching Godfrey's film again, he reminds me of Michael Bishop from K-State ('97-'98). They share the same measurables. Both are elusive on their feet and can throw on the run consistently.

It doesn't surprise me that K-State has offered him. Coach Snyder probably sees a lot of Michael Bishop in Godfrey.

I agree. The Scout report puzzles me. The kid throws for 9000+ yards with 64% completions and 114 TD's and on film looks to be a great passer --- yet Scout says he needs improvement in arm strength (on film he threw darts), and consistency (64% completions!) and that he is a project. Wow. Based on his film and his numbers he looks to be a 4 start player --- not a 2 star.

Seems to be a great get.

On film (and in numbers) he seems well ahead of Gabbert. Am I smoking something here or is Scout way off?

To your point --- Michael Bishop is the guy who comes to mind. And... of course... Bishop was very, very good.

Were was Joey rated on Scout.com I have watched the highlights on him and he looks good also. If Cranes does not commit by next week it going to come down to this kid or the Cal kid. The drama is driving me crazy. If it gets any worse I may have to go dig in my closet for my cornhead and put it on!

If you're asking about Joe Ganz, he was a :star :star on both Rivals & Scout.

FWIW, I found out what was said here about Godfrey. It said that the NU staff went down and visited with Godfrey last week. He said they might come back again this week, but he wasn't sure when. He said Watson is recruiting him and that the interest is mutual. He also said he's familiar with and likes Nebraska football.

This article was apparently written after his visit to New Mexico last weekend because he mentioned that he just came back from there.

So there you have it.

Thanks Nexus, good info. So basically, it looks like the interest is mutual, but we may be waiting to offer a scholly until we see what happens this weekend with Carnes.

Godfrey is still possibly coming on 1/29 for a visit, IMO it all depends on what Carnes does. We talked about this last week, the staff will press Carnes first. If Carnes won't commit soon, the staff will bring Godfrey up and and offer him a scholarship. At that point, the first to commit gets the spot. I think Carnes is torn and will most likely wait until after signing day to make a decision and I think the NU Coaches know that. I think that this move will be as much about putting pressure on Carnes as it is getting Godfrey, don't get me wrong I think they would be really happy with Godfrey but I just think they value Carnes more. If Carnes is still torn even after hearing that Godfrey got an offer, then I think we see STUMP in Red. Man I love that nickname!!!

Saw this come out not long ago (I know someone mentioned he'd already be to New Mexico)...

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4845725&name=Southwest_Recruiting&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4845725%26name%3dSouthwest_Recruiting

"Senior quarterback Darian Godfrey (Gilmer, Texas/Gilmer) has a visit set up for New Mexico on Jan. 29. A mid-week visit to Nebraska next week prior to the New Mexico visit also remains a possibility.

The 6-foot-1, 195-pounder also had set up a Jan. 22 visit to Virginia, but that will not happen."

FWIW, I found out what was said here about Godfrey. It said that the NU staff went down and visited with Godfrey last week. He said they might come back again this week, but he wasn't sure when. He said Watson is recruiting him and that the interest is mutual. He also said he's familiar with and likes Nebraska football.

This article was apparently written after his visit to New Mexico last weekend because he mentioned that he just came back from there.

So there you have it.

Thanks Nexus, good info. So basically, it looks like the interest is mutual, but we may be waiting to offer a scholly until we see what happens this weekend with Carnes.

Godfrey is still possibly coming on 1/29 for a visit, IMO it all depends on what Carnes does. We talked about this last week, the staff will press Carnes first. If Carnes won't commit soon, the staff will bring Godfrey up and and offer him a scholarship. At that point, the first to commit gets the spot. I think Carnes is torn and will most likely wait until after signing day to make a decision and I think the NU Coaches know that. I think that this move will be as much about putting pressure on Carnes as it is getting Godfrey, don't get me wrong I think they would be really happy with Godfrey but I just think they value Carnes more. If Carnes is still torn even after hearing that Godfrey got an offer, then I think we see STUMP in Red. Man I love that nickname!!!

Saw this come out not long ago (I know someone mentioned he'd already be to New Mexico)...

http://insider.espn....west_Recruiting

"Senior quarterback Darian Godfrey (Gilmer, Texas/Gilmer) has a visit set up for New Mexico on Jan. 29. A mid-week visit to Nebraska next week prior to the New Mexico visit also remains a possibility.

The 6-foot-1, 195-pounder also had set up a Jan. 22 visit to Virginia, but that will not happen."

I still wouldn't mind snagging Godfrey if Carnes declines. He said he likes Nebraska and would consider their offer. The coaches are playing this QB thing on a wait-and-see basis.

I still wouldn't mind snagging Godfrey if Carnes declines. He said he likes Nebraska and would consider their offer. The coaches are playing this QB thing on a wait-and-see basis.

...we're all still playing this QB thing on a wait-and-see basis. Considering it wasn't long ago when they were talking about "only taking the 'right' guy" - they sure have pumped a lot of quarterbacks through the forums lately. :)

...we're all still playing this QB thing on a wait-and-see basis. Considering it wasn't long ago when they were talking about "only taking the 'right' guy" - they sure have pumped a lot of quarterbacks through the forums lately. :)

I hear ya. I'm at the point where getting a QB in this class is "meh, whatever" but feel we should focus our attention on Owa & Cooper more than a QB at the moment. I'm not complaining because the staff seems to be doing a great job with Owa & Cooper so far.

This kid apparently has jumped back on our radar. From what I had heard he had given our program the cold shoulder.

I still think if we lose out on Carnes, he can jump back up to no 2.

I just got word that Carl was in Corona yesterday at J Mitchell's school. Not sure what happened but he was there yesterday.

Probably trying to determine if the greyshirt was accepted or if he is not going to take it.

This kid apparently has jumped back on our radar. From what I had heard he had given our program the cold shoulder.

I still think if we lose out on Carnes, he can jump back up to no 2.

I just got word that Carl was in Corona yesterday at J Mitchell's school. Not sure what happened but he was there yesterday.

Probably trying to determine if the greyshirt was accepted or if he is not going to take it.

maybe checking in with some juniors too

I only heard the feeling wasn't mutual when we first started recruiting him, but as he's talked to the coaches he has grown more interested.

So did we ever find out if he's visiting, or is it still pending Carnes' visit?

I only heard the feeling wasn't mutual when we first started recruiting him, but as he's talked to the coaches he has grown more interested.

Carnes will be in Lincoln this weekend....staying til Monday I think(?)

Godfrey is still up in the air. Watson has already visited him at school and he might come down next week again. The visit next week has not been confirmed and might never happen.

Godfrey is still up in the air. Watson has already visited him at school and he might come down next week again. The visit next week has not been confirmed and might never happen.

Where did this info come from? Scout?

Rivals...both the Carnes and Godfrey stuff.

Rivals...both the Carnes and Godfrey stuff.

I never saw where Watson visited him at school and may go visit again...interesting. Do you by chance have a link to it or anything?