QB Darian Godfrey

Nexus

This kid apparently has jumped back on our radar. From what I had heard he had given our program the cold shoulder.

I only heard the feeling wasn't mutual when we first started recruiting him, but as he's talked to the coaches he has grown more interested.

So did we ever find out if he's visiting, or is it still pending Carnes' visit?

Carnes will be in Lincoln this weekend....staying til Monday I think(?)

Godfrey is still up in the air. Watson has already visited him at school and he might come down next week again. The visit next week has not been confirmed and might never happen.

Where did this info come from? Scout?

Rivals...both the Carnes and Godfrey stuff.

I never saw where Watson visited him at school and may go visit again...interesting. Do you by chance have a link to it or anything?

Unless you have a premium account at either Rivals or Scout, a link won't work for you. But in case you do have a subscription, here's a link.

This kid apparently has jumped back on our radar. From what I had heard he had given our program the cold shoulder.

I only heard the feeling wasn't mutual when we first started recruiting him, but as he's talked to the coaches he has grown more interested.

Godfrey is still up in the air. Watson has already visited him at school and he might come down next week again. The visit next week has not been confirmed and might never happen.

I never saw where Watson visited him at school and may go visit again...interesting. Do you by chance have a link to it or anything?

Unless you have a premium account at either Rivals or Scout, a link won't work for you. But in case you do have a subscription, here's a link.

I do have a premium account, but it's at rivals so that link won't work for me, thanks though.

I do have a premium account, but it's at rivals so that link won't work for me, thanks though.

Sorry man I can't find it. Not really breaking news or anything though.

Sorry man I can't find it. Not really breaking news or anything though.

I wonder what the post quote number limit is on the new board?

It wouldnt let me quote your's Cave. So we found it.

dang, was hoping we could stretch that out a bit more.

It wouldn't surprise me if Godfrey slips in as the No. 2 guy if Carnes re-confirms he commitment to USF.

1) Carnes

2a) Godfrey

2b) Fajardo

I think Godfrey and Fajardo are a neck in and won't get an offer until we know for sure what Carnes' plans are.

They next QB to get a visit on 1/30 is the no. 2 in my opinion.

It wouldnt let me quote your's Cave. So we found it.

dang, was hoping we could stretch that out a bit more.

It wouldn't surprise me if Godfrey slips in as the No. 2 guy if Carnes re-confirms he commitment to USF.

1) Carnes

2a) Godfrey

2b) Fajardo

I think Godfrey and Fajardo are a neck in and won't get an offer until we know for sure what Carnes' plans are.

They next QB to get a visit on 1/30 is the no. 2 in my opinion.

It is a wait and see game right now. I think you are right that Godfrey is the next choice, there just seems to be a bit more smoke around him right now.

Per ESPN: http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4845725&name=Southwest_Recruiting&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4845725%26name%3dSouthwest_Recruiting

Senior quarterback Darian Godfrey (Gilmer, Texas/Gilmer) has a visit set up for New Mexico on Jan. 29. A mid-week visit to Nebraska next week prior to the New Mexico visit also remains a possibility.

The 6-foot-1, 195-pounder also had set up a Jan. 22 visit to Virginia, but that will not happen.

Per ESPN: http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4845725&name=Southwest_Recruiting&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4845725%26name%3dSouthwest_Recruiting

t

Senior quarterback Darian Godfrey (Gilmer, Texas/Gilmer) has a visit set up for New Mexico on Jan. 29. A mid-week visit to Nebraska next week prior to the New Mexico visit also remains a possibility.

The 6-foot-1, 195-pounder also had set up a Jan. 22 visit to Virginia, but that will not happen.

The problem I have with this report is that Scout has already reported that Godfrey visited UNM last week. Are these recruiting sites that far off that one is reporting a visit last week on 1/15/10(Scout) and the other ESPN/Scout is reporting a possible midweek visit to Nebraska and then to UNM this weekend? School is still in session, so can this senior really travel mid-week to Nebraska and then to UNM????? WTF Doesn't make sense to me.

Scout is confusing, they have an affiliation with Espn, but appear to be affiliated with Fox Sports too.

t

The problem I have with this report is that Scout has already reported that Godfrey visited UNM last week. Are these recruiting sites that far off that one is reporting a visit last week on 1/15/10(Scout) and the other ESPN/Scout is reporting a possible midweek visit to Nebraska and then to UNM this weekend? School is still in session, so can this senior really travel mid-week to Nebraska and then to UNM????? WTF Doesn't make sense to me.

Scout is confusing, they have an affiliation with Espn, but appear to be affiliated with Fox Sports too.

They better start ring this guys phone because I do not think Cranes is coming.

Nobody thinks Cranes is coming. If you actually meant Carnes, then there's a really good chance he may come. I'm basing that on his comments after the visit that he could see himself at NU.

This is the second thread where you're pushing that "Cranes" isn't coming. Either give a good reason or, even better, a link to new information, or nobody is going to take you seriously.

Nobody thinks Cranes is coming. If you actually meant Carnes, then there's a really good chance he may come. I'm basing that on his comments after the visit that he could see himself at NU.

This is the second thread where you're pushing that "Cranes" isn't coming. Either give a good reason or, even better, a link to new information, or nobody is going to take you seriously.

Sorry to continue the Carnes discussion in Godfrey's thread but there is a new article on USF's rivals page saying they are behind in both Carnes and Ace Saunders. I think we are in a fine position to land Carnes/Cranes/whoever.