QB Darian Godfrey

Nexus

Godfrey will not be a husker.

why?

I really hate to do this but it comes with the territory. Sometimes you have to break some bad news as well.

There hasnt been much reported about him because there really isnt too much to report. The interest wasnt really mutual between him and us is what I am hearing.

Damn EZ-E... why you gotta bring down my hopes.

Sorry man. I hate being a buzz kill. I liked the kid on film as well. We have bigger fish to fry in the 2011 class.

Ya, well you seem to have some solid sources, so i believe you.. Any other news you have you want to share? I like good husker gossip. I have a buddy that is friends with a Husker player(i will keep his name to myself) So sometimes he will tell me some good info, i just need to get friends with some of these guys.

I agree with EZ-E on this. If he was such a high priority, NU would've pushed harder for him after the Gabbert, pt. II experiment failed. But that hasn't been the case.

Jamal Turner will be our recruiting priority next season at QB, so I ain't worried.

I agree with EZ-E on this. If he was such a high priority, NU would've pushed harder for him after the Gabbert, pt. II experiment failed. But that hasn't been the case.

Jamal Turner will be our recruiting priority next season at QB, so I ain't worried.

from his film he looked like a ripper... but if there is no love than what can we do....

i had more inclination to think carnes would committ than godrey.... little to late to the table with that one.. but both of them kinda sucks.... we are sure resting a lot of jamal here.....

from his film he looked like a ripper... but if there is no love than what can we do....

i had more inclination to think carnes would committ than godrey.... little to late to the table with that one.. but both of them kinda sucks.... we are sure resting a lot of jamal here.....

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy with either Carnes or Godfrey. I'm just not convinced at this point that either will be N when it's all said and done. At least with Jamal Turner, he's a kid that is an NU lean. So long as we continue to keep the kid excited about NU, then I see him being N.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy with either Carnes or Godfrey. I'm just not convinced at this point that either will be N when it's all said and done. At least with Jamal Turner, he's a kid that is an NU lean. So long as we continue to keep the kid excited about NU, then I see him being N.

:yeah

FWIW, I found out what was said here about Godfrey. It said that the NU staff went down and visited with Godfrey last week. He said they might come back again this week, but he wasn't sure when. He said Watson is recruiting him and that the interest is mutual. He also said he's familiar with and likes Nebraska football.

This article was apparently written after his visit to New Mexico last weekend because he mentioned that he just came back from there.

So there you have it.

FWIW, I found out what was said here about Godfrey. It said that the NU staff went down and visited with Godfrey last week. He said they might come back again this week, but he wasn't sure when. He said Watson is recruiting him and that the interest is mutual. He also said he's familiar with and likes Nebraska football.

This article was apparently written after his visit to New Mexico last weekend because he mentioned that he just came back from there.

So there you have it.

Thanks Nexus, good info. So basically, it looks like the interest is mutual, but we may be waiting to offer a scholly until we see what happens this weekend with Carnes.

So there you have it.

Thanks Nexus, good info. So basically, it looks like the interest is mutual, but we may be waiting to offer a scholly until we see what happens this weekend with Carnes.

Yeah, I'm not sure how it'll play out in the end. I'm sure the coaches have an idea though.

So there you have it.

This is confusing. I thought it was down to Carnes and then Fajardo, with Godfrey no longer in the picture. I guess confusion just comes with the recruiting territory.

So there you have it.

This is confusing. I thought it was down to Carnes and then Fajardo, with Godfrey no longer in the picture. I guess confusion just comes with the recruiting territory.

I hear ya. I think they're trying to cover all their bases just to see who comes through in the end.

I say just reel in Owa & Cooper and call it good.

So there you have it.

Godfrey is still possibly coming on 1/29 for a visit, IMO it all depends on what Carnes does. We talked about this last week, the staff will press Carnes first. If Carnes won't commit soon, the staff will bring Godfrey up and and offer him a scholarship. At that point, the first to commit gets the spot. I think Carnes is torn and will most likely wait until after signing day to make a decision and I think the NU Coaches know that. I think that this move will be as much about putting pressure on Carnes as it is getting Godfrey, don't get me wrong I think they would be really happy with Godfrey but I just think they value Carnes more. If Carnes is still torn even after hearing that Godfrey got an offer, then I think we see STUMP in Red. Man I love that nickname!!!

After watching Godfrey's film again, he reminds me of Michael Bishop from K-State ('97-'98). They share the same measurables. Both are elusive on their feet and can throw on the run consistently.

It doesn't surprise me that K-State has offered him. Coach Snyder probably sees a lot of Michael Bishop in Godfrey.

I agree. The Scout report puzzles me. The kid throws for 9000+ yards with 64% completions and 114 TD's and on film looks to be a great passer --- yet Scout says he needs improvement in arm strength (on film he threw darts), and consistency (64% completions!) and that he is a project. Wow. Based on his film and his numbers he looks to be a 4 start player --- not a 2 star.

Seems to be a great get.

On film (and in numbers) he seems well ahead of Gabbert. Am I smoking something here or is Scout way off?

To your point --- Michael Bishop is the guy who comes to mind. And... of course... Bishop was very, very good.

Were was Joey rated on Scout.com I have watched the highlights on him and he looks good also. If Cranes does not commit by next week it going to come down to this kid or the Cal kid. The drama is driving me crazy. If it gets any worse I may have to go dig in my closet for my cornhead and put it on!