Pete Carroll to the Seahawks?

Nexus

Sports talk radio is going crazy here in Los Angeles, this really sounds legit. It sounds like it could happen by the end of the day.

How drunk do you have to be to make that move?

By the way that could go both ways. Pete was a terrible NFL coach and was replaced for Rich Kotite by the New York Jets.

to me, this puts a big, flashing yellow arrow over USC. I hope you guys enjoyed your run, the castle is crumbling.

I cannot wait to see wait is coming around the bend. No way Carroll just leaves USC because he wants to coach the SEAHAWKS???, the guy was as suited for that cushy warm job like no one else in the world. This is going to get good.

I would not want to be the guy in charge of finding the next coach. What a nightmare. I had seen that the current athletic director had hung both Carroll and Floyd out to dry when dealing with this NCAA investigation stuff, didnt provide any support. I'd hate to be a USC fan right now. What happened to those current players on the bball team is a damn shame.

Here is a pretty well known USC blog those in So Cal know about. Scott Wolf appears a lot on local sports radio giving his inside scoop on all things USC...a lot of Trojan fans don't like him but he usually has some decent insight.

http://www.insidesocal.com/usc/

I was shocked when I heard this today. Carroll to the Seahawks? I am thinking the writing is on the wall that the NCAA could come down on the program. So, this could also hurt any potential new hire...like a Mike Riley...he has a good gig at Oregon St. So he could come to USC and then run risk of going on probation. That is going to weigh on any potential hire as well as recruits...do recruits want to come without Pete and then be stuck during probation years? Kids come to USC to play for the BCS title and Rose Bowl...imagine if they aren't eligible to play for those games? Look for recruits to start bailing.

Man, one sub-par year and this whole empire is crumbling (also RB McKnight and WR Williams now bolting to the NFL and back-up QB Corp will transfer). Oregon is now getting the conference props, Stanford and Harbaugh keep getting USC's number and rubbing Pete's nose in it, Ricky and UCLA will do anything to take the Trojans out, and his old staff is at Washington and kicking his butt also. Carroll may see Seahawks as his last pay day...if he were to have another bad year at USC next year and also have sanctions come against him, then a lot of tarnish falls off the program, no more big recruits, no more dominating the Pac-10 and the Rose Bowl games against the Little 11, no more NFL teams calling to boost your ego.

This one has me very intrigued. :snacks: