2011 Recruiting Board

EZ-E

Excellent discussion going on here, guys. Thanks for all of your informed input.

Does anybody know what the in-state talent looks like for 2011? EZ-E mentioned Davie and Fisher. What caliber are those kids? Are there any others in Nebraska that stand to receive serious consideration for scholarship offers from NU?

Excellent discussion going on here, guys. Thanks for all of your informed input.

Does anybody know what the in-state talent looks like for 2011? EZ-E mentioned Davie and Fisher. What caliber are those kids? Are there any others in Nebraska that stand to receive serious consideration for scholarship offers from NU?

I haven't looked at any video or seen any feedback on anyone beside Current Husker Commit Ryne Reeves who will be a 4 or 5 Star Prospect. Rivals and Scout should put out their final ratings in a week or two and then after signing day, I think it is like 2-3 weeks, the hype for 2011 will begin. I know that the middle of March and April are big early evaluation periods because it coincides with Spring Ball so the attention level is higher. Not to mention that many schools have Jr. days during that time period and a lot have Spring Game visitors as well.

EZ, I don't see how the staff can afford NOT to take 2 DE's and 2 DT's, and maybe 3 at one or the other position. Looking at the Roster it appears that 6 players at each position to fill 2 spots is ideal, see below.

-2009 Season

DE (6 Players)

Harvey, David / Sr.

Turner, Barry / Sr.

Allen, Pierre / Jr.

Meredith, Cameron / RFr.

Williams, Josh / RFr.

Ankrah, Jason / Fr.

DT (6 Players)

Suh, Ndamukong / Sr.

Crick, Jared / So.

Moore, Terrence / So.

Steinkuhler, Baker / RFr.

Randle, Thaddeus / Fr.

Pensick, Cole / Fr.

Next Year I think the Rosters at DE and DT may look like this, I don't count Cotton because I am not convinced he won't end up on the O-Line:

-2010 Season

DE (7 Players)

Allen, Pierre / Sr.

Meredith, Cameron / RSo.

Williams, Josh / RSo.

Ankrah, Jason / RFr.

Walker Ashburn / Fr.

Tobi Okuyemi / Fr.

Donovan Vestal / Fr.

DT (7 Players)

Crick, Jared / Jr..

Moore, Terrence / Jr.

Steinkuhler, Baker / RSo.

Randle, Thaddeus / RFr.

Pensick, Cole / RFr.

Jay Guy / Fr.

Chase Rome / Fr.

For 2011 the Rosters at DE and DT may look like this, I am guessing Crick goes pro (This doesn't include any 2011 recruits:

-2011 Season

DE (6 Players)

Meredith, Cameron / RJr.

Williams, Josh / RJr.

Ankrah, Jason / RSo.

Walker Ashburn / RFr.

Tobi Okuyemi / RFr.

Donovan Vestal / RFr.

DT (6 Players)

Moore, Terrence / Sr.

Steinkuhler, Baker / RJr.

Randle, Thaddeus / RSo.

Pensick, Cole / RSo.

Jay Guy / RFr.

Chase Rome / RFr.

2011 looks to have 6 players per position, not including any incoming recruits. However since recruiting fills needs 2-3 years down the line, the most important years to look at for 2011 recruiting focus is the 2013 chart. Below lists what players on the current roster will be available in 2012 and 2013, this assumes ZERO attrition via injury and/or departures which I think we all know is unrealistic.

-2012 Season

DE (6 Players)

Meredith, Cameron / RSr.

Williams, Josh / RSr.

Ankrah, Jason / RJr.

Walker Ashburn / RSo.

Tobi Okuyemi / RSo.

Donovan Vestal / RSo.

DT (5 Players)

Steinkuhler, Baker / RSr.

Randle, Thaddeus / RJr.

Pensick, Cole / RJr.

Jay Guy / RSo.

Chase Rome / RSo.

-2013 Season

DE (4 Players)

Ankrah, Jason / RSr.

Walker Ashburn / RJr.

Tobi Okuyemi / RJr.

Donovan Vestal / RJr.

DT (4 Players)

Randle, Thaddeus / RSr.

Pensick, Cole / RSr.

Jay Guy / RJr.

Chase Rome / RJr.

The 2013 list shows only 4 players per position, and this doesn't even account for any attrition. Considering that the 2011 class is to fill the needs in 2013-2015, I think the staff takes 4-5 players on the D-Line in 2011.

Good point. You are probably right. Another kid who was offered is that LB Hankins from Texas. I almost put him on the original list but didnt because I hadnt heard too much about him.

If Davie is the kid that I am thinking about he was originally from Detroit. He is an athlete. I believe that we will definately throw an offer his way. He will probably be a 3 star kid but one that we definately want on our ball team.

If Davie is the kid that I am thinking about he was originally from Detroit. He is an athlete. I believe that we will definately throw an offer his way. He will probably be a 3 star kid but one that we definately want on our ball team.

EZ-E I noticed you mentioned Mack in your 1st post, but have you been able to factor in any potential JUCO's other than Mack for 2011 yet?

EZ-E I noticed you mentioned Mack in your 1st post, but have you been able to factor in any potential JUCO's other than Mack for 2011 yet?

I have not. I dont know of too many juco kids that the staff is looking at right now. Add it if you have the information.

I have not. I dont know of too many juco kids that the staff is looking at right now. Add it if you have the information.

I don't think we will hear about any JUCOs until OCT or NOV as usual because this staff focuses on HS Players first as they should. Mack is an exception because he was recruited prior, Mobley may become like this as well in a future class.

We may offer a true FB in 2011.

We may only take 3 OL this class because we're pretty stacked in the 2 previous classes, but you can never have too many OL. As others have said, we're likely to take 2 DT and 2 DE and maybe one other DL. We should have some top-ranked guys looking at us after the way the season ended and the hype Suh has gotten to go along with Dorsey from a couple years ago. Should help recruiting throughout the entire defense.

We may only take 3 OL this class because we're pretty stacked in the 2 previous classes, but you can never have too many OL. As others have said, we're likely to take 2 DT and 2 DE and maybe one other DL. We should have some top-ranked guys looking at us after the way the season ended and the hype Suh has gotten to go along with Dorsey from a couple years ago. Should help recruiting throughout the entire defense.

Not to mention the attention that Crick should continue to bring to NU's D next season, 2011 could be pretty special again on the D-Line recruiting front.

Not to mention the attention that Crick should continue to bring to NU's D next season, 2011 could be pretty special again on the D-Line recruiting front.

Although that will help with 2011 recruiting late, I'm of the opinion that it will affect the 2012 class more. Just as this season will affect the 2011 class more than the 2010 class. But we should recruit very well for 2011 regardless (and already have).

Dont forget about Tyson Jackson from last year's LSU team.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/tyson-jackson/638255

http://rivals.yahoo.com/lsu/football/recru...n-Jackson-17592

:yeah proves quite a bit about Bo Pelini's ability to coach DL.

I think next year we take 4 OL and 3-4 DL, no more. Next year on defense we will be looking for a lot DB's and possibly a few LB's.