2011 Recruiting Board

EZ-E

We may offer a true FB in 2011.

We may only take 3 OL this class because we're pretty stacked in the 2 previous classes, but you can never have too many OL. As others have said, we're likely to take 2 DT and 2 DE and maybe one other DL. We should have some top-ranked guys looking at us after the way the season ended and the hype Suh has gotten to go along with Dorsey from a couple years ago. Should help recruiting throughout the entire defense.

I think next year we take 4 OL and 3-4 DL, no more. Next year on defense we will be looking for a lot DB's and possibly a few LB's.

I don't think they take more than 2 LB's, don't use them a whole lot and there a lot that will be here for 3 more years. Take 2 each year is my guess, it will be interesting to see how this position evolves. I think they have to take 4-5 DL because of the depth issues I pointed out previously. I think they also take at least 4-5 HS DB's, and I think they take 1-2 JUCO players as well. I count 16 scholarship and non-scholarship contributers in the back 4 on the roster. I think they need to keep that number that high with all of the Nickel and Dime being played. Including the 3 2010 recruits (I am not counting Mitchell because he will be on the team in 2011), I show that they are good for 2010 with 16 again. However it thins out really quick after that. They only have 12 for 2011, 8 for 2012, and only 6 for 2013. Now I think recruits in 2011 can contribute in Nickle and Dime in just 1-2 years as they need less physical maturation.

We may only take 3 OL this class because we're pretty stacked in the 2 previous classes, but you can never have too many OL. As others have said, we're likely to take 2 DT and 2 DE and maybe one other DL. We should have some top-ranked guys looking at us after the way the season ended and the hype Suh has gotten to go along with Dorsey from a couple years ago. Should help recruiting throughout the entire defense.

I think next year we take 4 OL and 3-4 DL, no more. Next year on defense we will be looking for a lot DB's and possibly a few LB's.

I don't think they take more than 2 LB's, don't use them a whole lot and there a lot that will be here for 3 more years. Take 2 each year is my guess, it will be interesting to see how this position evolves. I think they have to take 4-5 DL because of the depth issues I pointed out previously. I think they also take at least 4-5 HS DB's, and I think they take 1-2 JUCO players as well. I count 16 scholarship and non-scholarship contributers in the back 4 on the roster. I think they need to keep that number that high with all of the Nickel and Dime being played. Including the 3 2010 recruits (I am not counting Mitchell because he will be on the team in 2011), I show that they are good for 2010 with 16 again. However it thins out really quick after that. They only have 12 for 2011, 8 for 2012, and only 6 for 2013. Now I think recruits in 2011 can contribute in Nickle and Dime in just 1-2 years as they need less physical maturation.

I agree but you have to remember that the style of play in college is very cyclical. We might not even see the pass heavy spread offenses in a few years. It's already losing ground in the big 12 with Turner Gill taking the reigns at KU and Tuberville at Tech. I know Tub says he will keep the pass heavy spread alive in Lubbock but you know they will eventually move to a more balanced team. Tub's 1 year of embracing the spread was his worst year at Auburn.

I could see college football moving to the Oregon, OSU, Florida style spread over the next few years. Spread everyone out but put a greater emphasis on running the ball...sound like Bo yet?

I bet we take 2-3 LBs almost every year moving forward.

I agree but you have to remember that the style of play in college is very cyclical. We might not even see the pass heavy spread offenses in a few years. It's already losing ground in the big 12 with Turner Gill taking the reigns at KU and Tuberville at Tech. I know Tub says he will keep the pass heavy spread alive in Lubbock but you know they will eventually move to a more balanced team. Tub's 1 year of embracing the spread was his worst year at Auburn.

I could see college football moving to the Oregon, OSU, Florida style spread over the next few years. Spread everyone out but put a greater emphasis on running the ball...sound like Bo yet?

I bet we take 2-3 LBs almost every year moving forward.

I completely agree, but that still doesn't get Bo away from building teams around what he needs to do to stop teams today.

I really don't think more than 2 LB's, but could see a LB/DE hybrid, if one is there for the taking. I still do not think that many DL for this class based on the youth of current players on the team plus the 5-6 we have coming in this year. I'd like to spread that number out and not have to go heavy on DL again in 3-4 years. I could see 3 maybe 4 on the DL with more emphasis on DB's in next year's class.

There is a lot of buzz around this class so I thought I would break it down a bit. I have to site Caveman as I used an earlier post from him to conclude that we have 21 spots open.

We already have 3 members of this class in Moore, Reeves and Joshua Mitchell (greyshirt)

QB- Take two QBs that are very athletic. If one doesnt pan out you throw him at WR like Meier from KU.

RB-take two

WR-take two (we are well stocked with young guys here)

OL-can always use more no pun intended. I would anticipate us taking 4 in this class.

DL-take 3

LB-take 2-3

DB-take 3-4

Cant tell you what you should do with the rest. Save them for next year as 2012 seems to be another scholarship crunching year.

Prospects

QB- Jamal Turner, Cameron Coffman.

(turner is all but ours) Coffman is a Missouri kid and MU has a QB for this class. See if you can get him.

RB-Many people know about A. Green, but many people dont mention Dagan Reed who is Kyler's little brother and is also a very quality back.

WR-Miles Onyegule, Evan Spencer

OL-Moore and Reeves are already committed and are very highly ranked. Christian Westerman is another big time player we are in on. Jacod Welter is another kid who is attracting some attention as well. Welter has Husker ties as well.

DT- Kevin Williams-we are his first offer

-Kenny Mack-is said to be at Fort Scott just itching to get up here

-Kyrian Batiste-same HS as Donovan Vestal of this years class

DE- Dan Tapko is a name that you will hear. OU offered after we did.

-Brennan Scarlett-Portland kid. We all have grown to love us some Portland DLineman

-Dylan Wynn-no husker offer yet but he also has husker ties

-Jermaurio Rasco-Louisiana kid

DB- Franklin Shannon-goes to a very big HS in Dallas, we are in on him very early.

-Daniel Davie-Beatrice, Nebraska kid. Good measurables and athletic ability

-Quentin Sargent- Same HS as Donovan Vestal in this years class

-Jalen Brown-we are his first offer

-Daren Kitchen-we are his first offer-Lousianna kid

-Josh Turner-Big time offers list, that one will be a battle

LB- Andrew Lewis-same HS as Joshua Mitchell

-Boomer Mays-took an unofficial on a game day

-Anthony Wallace-Big time offer list, this one will be a clash of the titans

-Cole Fisher-Seans Brother, Iowa offered

-Nic Ornelas-We are his first offer

-Trevan Randle-Big time offers list

Athletes

-Hakeem Flowers-big time athlete-another heavy hitters battle

-Jabriel Washington-same as Flowers

Not all have offers yet, but the majority of the ones listed do.

Please add TE/DE Troy Nicholas to this list. (Servite HS Anaheim, CA) Bo and Carl might of met with him too last week. Already has offers from CAL and TENN. 6'6" 255 lbs. **** possibly *****

• 2 weeks later...

How about Ted Lampkin from Omaha? Do you guys think he gets an offer?

I think it all depends on how tall he really is unless they would put him at punt/kick returns but as a recent NFL analyst said, as of recent size does not seem to matter anymore....if your skilled enough you will succeed. Look at jones-drew for instance. Without seeing any video on him I'll say he has a %15 chance cause I don't know whether this kid is just all speed. Tough to tell. Any know if other schools are looking at him?

I put him under athletes.

New to add Andrew Lewis.

Neb has Med interest listed.

ILB 6'2" 220 lbs. Roosevelt HS, Corona, Ca

Same school as J Mitchell and Mobley.

After NLOI day I'll put together a good thread with links to all of these guys rivals pages.

I think it all depends on how tall he really is unless they would put him at punt/kick returns but as a recent NFL analyst said, as of recent size does not seem to matter anymore....if your skilled enough you will succeed. Look at jones-drew for instance. Without seeing any video on him I'll say he has a %15 chance cause I don't know whether this kid is just all speed. Tough to tell. Any know if other schools are looking at him?

Im not sure, they have video of him on rivals now. reminds me alot of kenny bell from this class.

Im not sure, they have video of him on rivals now. reminds me alot of kenny bell from this class.

Except not 6ft2 175