Andy Staples' early, early, early, early pre-season Top 25

Sept 18 th. Playing against one of the best q/b's in the country, should tell us where our team is headed. Wash is no slouch.

Zac Lee hurt his elbow in the Ark St, game and after hearing that at the end of the season, it would make you think maybe that's why we lost at V. Tech, except the team put up 55 the next week.

Looks like to me that it is an inept offense, not all the injuries, that we seem to be hoping, was the total reason why we couldn't put it in the end zone enough. Is Zac going to be the player he was hyped to be and can Watson build an offense with what he has? I think this season answers a lot of questions about that side of the ball.

GBR!!!

That's a pretty fair assessment, but I'm just not a fan of preseason polls. So much can happen between now and the first game of the season (recruits, injuries, etc)

I'm not either. I wish they would wait two full weeks for everyone to play a few games and then gauge the rankings from there. Even though most teams play cream puffs their first few weeks, at least they have something to go by instead of preseason speculation (rankings).

Sept 18 th. Playing against one of the best q/b's in the country, should tell us where our team is headed. Wash is no slouch.

Zac Lee hurt his elbow in the Ark St, game and after hearing that at the end of the season, it would make you think maybe that's why we lost at V. Tech, except the team put up 55 the next week.

Looks like to me that it is an inept offense, not all the injuries, that we seem to be hoping, was the total reason why we couldn't put it in the end zone enough. Is Zac going to be the player he was hyped to be and can Watson build an offense with what he has? I think this season answers a lot of questions about that side of the ball.

GBR!!!

its o tough to say with our offenses bipolar season. lets not forget the looked pretty good against a good arizona defense. I think health, newcomers and one extra years experience will make a very big difference next year...... how much of a difference? who knows

GBR!!!

its o tough to say with our offenses bipolar season. lets not forget the looked pretty good against a good arizona defense. I think health, newcomers and one extra years experience will make a very big difference next year...... how much of a difference? who knows

Well lets look how they got those points 12 of those were 4 field goals then 7 more were because the defense set them up around the 10 yard line. This means Nebraska offense had two good drive for 14 points. Yes, congrats to the offense that they finally took advantage of good field position against what was supposed to be the 20th rated defense at the time.

The one good thing I saw is that they got further away from the west coast offense and closer to a real offense.

Missouri 25???? really!?!?!

I can buy Mizzou at #25. What I don't buy is OU at #12

Have you seen where Kirk Herbstreit puts OU? He's got them at #3 at this point. You gotta be kiddin' me Herby! Of course that craziness is balanced with Lou Holtz putting Nebraska at #4. Sheesh, these predictions are all over the place :espnsucks:

Missouri 25???? really!?!?!

I can buy Mizzou at #25. What I don't buy is OU at #12

Have you seen where Kirk Herbstreit puts OU? He's got them at #3 at this point. You gotta be kiddin' me Herby! Of course that craziness is balanced with Lou Holtz putting Nebraska at #4. Sheesh, these predictions are all over the place :espnsucks:

OU getting Beal and Lewis back really helps them out.

From today's Rivals football chat...

#5!...that is some respect.

"[Comment From damion damion : ]

who is your top 5 teams for 2010?

Tom Dienhart:

1. Bama

2. Ohio State

3. Oregon

4. Boise

5. Nebraska

also watch: USC, TCU, Texas, Iowa, Wisco, VPI, UF"

Respect? Maybe. I say it's just another pundit making a prediction to get some buzz. (Although this is under the assumption this is Dienhart's preseason top 5.)