The Spoiled Under 30 Crowd

No one has mentioned tag. Do kids even know what that is anymore? Line tag and kick the can were always a couple of my favorites.

There was always squirt gun and water balloon fights too. And there used to be so much variety with squirt guns. Now all you see is super soakers. I remember having battery operated fully automatic squirt guns, a pump action shotgun with neon yellow and blue camouflage print on it, squirt guns that looked like real guns. Oh good times.

I'm 22 and we played tag all the time at country school. First recess was usually always a form of tag.

I don't know. I'm pretty young, but I remember one time was I was somewhere around 6, my mom bent me over her knee, pulled down my pants in church, and gave me some pretty solid swats on the butt. No one said anything. I think that still goes on in some places.

Leave the Catholic Church out of this!!

:blink:

You over 30 crowd has it easy! When you were young, a long, long time ago, when you joined the Army you didn't have The War of Terrorism going on. A hard day for you was if they air conditioning went out!

I'm sure the vets of Desert Storm, Vietnam, and Korea would beg to differ.

:yeah

I don't know. I'm pretty young, but I remember one time was I was somewhere around 6, my mom bent me over her knee, pulled down my pants in church, and gave me some pretty solid swats on the butt. No one said anything. I think that still goes on in some places.

Leave the Catholic Church out of this!!

:blink:

Ha, :lol: it sounds worse than it was. My family is Methodist. I was being a brat, my mom threatened me, and I said she'd never do it.

I am 29 and I grew up playing atari and had this monster microwave...I can still picture that thing...it was huge, loud, and it lasted forever!!!

My mom and dad say they wish they would have invested in wooden spoons before I was born since they broke so many on me growing up....I knew I was in trouble when the metal spoon made an appearance.

I am 29 and I grew up playing atari and had this monster microwave...I can still picture that thing...it was huge, loud, and it lasted forever!!!

My mom and dad say they wish they would have invested in wooden spoons before I was born since they broke so many on me growing up....I knew I was in trouble when the metal spoon made an appearance.

My Mom used a flyswatter, a yardstick, or does anybody remember the paddle with the elastic/ball at the end of it? :hmmph

Evil devices!!! I had forgotten all about those. My mom used to chase my sister and I through the house. Would usually catch us on a set of stairs and get us right there...

My mom was fairly short, barely 5 foot when she had her shoes on. She used to make me get the foot stool, she'd step up on it and pop me one, usually because I said a curse word.

T_O_B

:nanalama

Ha, never had that one. My mom would rub dish soap in my mouth and wait for me to swallow it.

To rawhide, there were a few times I took the belt when I went up to my grandpa's house.