The Spoiled Under 30 Crowd

Yeah they need to tweak the age group of that a little. I'm 28 and I had to wait around all day to tape the song off the radio....

Me 2 well I'm 27 but I waited to tape the radio songs. And I did have a super nintendo, and sometimes if I catch myself breaking rules my butt gets a little sore thinking of the hand-crafted paddle my dad had with finger grips and holes.

I still got physical punishment from my parents.

Also, I prefer if at all costs, to never use a microwave, just not the same quality.

I got some hellacious butt-whoopings.

You can't swat a kid on the buns today without getting CSS called on you. It's ridiculous.

I love the Denis Leary bit on his dad beating him and telling him to mow the lawn, it is so true.

A library?? Record store?? :dunno

Over 30 crowd you don't know easy you got it. Our generation will be paying for everything. Taxes, Health care. :angry:

paying it doing jobs that are a breeze compared to what jobs were like when we were younger... face it, life is easy because of those who came before you. Just like our lives were made easier by those who came before us... and we all pay taxes, get over it. <_<

Another round of the old people waving the cane and saying (imagine a shaky voice here)'well back in my day"

And then complain about not being able to program the VCR.

I will never buy the viewpoint that things are 'easier' now because of tech, different yes, but there is much different expectations now, as well as other things to worry about.

Another round of the old people waving the cane and saying (imagine a shaky voice here)'well back in my day"

And then complain about not being able to program the VCR.

I will never buy the viewpoint that things are 'easier' now because of tech, different yes, but there is much different expectations now, as well as other things to worry about.

I'm not old

I can program a house to almost come alive

and I think a few people didn't understand that it was posted for entertainment purposes only.

Not to cause a war between older and younger generations.

I couple things in there brought back some pretty good memories of my dad so I thought I would share it to see if it triggered anything for other people.

Not to mention the the huge television sets from back in the day, that had to match my parents wood grain paneling. Didn't have a remote 3 kids and 3 channels wasn't much of a workout.

Hated it when Mom hit the vacumn up on Sat. mornings. The TV would turn to snow and had to wait til she was done fluff'n the green shag carpet. She ALWAYS did it when GI Joe was on too...

I still got physical punishment from my parents.

Also, I prefer if at all costs, to never use a microwave, just not the same quality.

I got some hellacious butt-whoopings.

You can't swat a kid on the buns today without getting CSS called on you. It's ridiculous.

I got a text message from my mom the other day apologizing for spanking me as a kid. I don't know why. I can't figure out if I was supposed to forgive her so I thanked her. Then I gave my daughter a fresh one for looking at me cross-eyed.

• Fire 1

I'm 29 and 3/4 so I'm kinda stuck in the middle, the only thing I had that was different from that list was a giant microwave that was in the wall of the house I grew up in. You could put a Geo Metro in that thing it was so damn big. I played Atari and all that fun stuff when I was a kid, but we also had cable. We didn't have a remote, but the cable box had a cord with a channel switcher on the end of it. Good times................... :thumbs

Sorry, BRI, OMG, we had two channels, one for CBS and one for a combo of NBC and ABC. We also had snow up to our ying-yings and the wind blew in our faces either going to or coming home from school.

T_O_B

:LOLtartar:LOLtartar:LOLtartar:LOLtartar:LOLtartar:LOLtartar:LOLtartar