Ath/DE Delvin Jones

Player: Delvin Jones

Hometown: Miami, FL

Position: Athlete/DE

Height: 6'6

Weight: 230

40 Time:

Visit Date: None

Scholarships: Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, USC, Florida, LSU, Michigan, Oregon

Favorites: Decommitted from Tennessee after Lane Kiffin's departure

Rivals: 4 star

Scout: 4 star

I was watching Scott Van Pelt and ESPN had a feature about the fallout of Kiffin's departure. I was surprised to see Jones had the Huskers in his top four. Searched for him on the board and found nothing, sorry if this is a repeat of an old post. The kid looks like a good athlete went to Palmetto High.

No. 7 on this video. http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/...cruitId%3d75954

Interesting development. Let's see what the coaches can do late.

Suppose we get Brion Carnes and somehow Owa. If Delvin Jones(Ath/DE) wants to commit do we take him making it 6 DE in this class, still having the need at Safety? You would have Owa, Jones, Ashburn, Vestal, Okuyemi, Cotton(probably moving to OL but still listed at DE)

I mean this guy is big time talent, and you don't want to turn him away. It definitely be sweet seeing Owa and Jones lining up on opposite sides of the line. He is also an Athlete so could potentially move to another position. He just seems to fit DE the most. Reminds me of Jason Piere-Paul.

Suppose we get Brion Carnes and somehow Owa. If Delvin Jones(Ath/DE) wants to commit do we take him making it 6 DE in this class, still having the need at Safety? You would have Owa, Jones, Ashburn, Vestal, Okuyemi, Cotton(probably moving to OL but still listed at DE)

I mean this guy is big time talent, and you don't want to turn him away. It definitely be sweet seeing Owa and Jones lining up on opposite sides of the line. He is also an Athlete so could potentially move to another position. He just seems to fit DE the most. Reminds me of Jason Piere-Paul.

It will be interesting to see who ends-up at DE out of Ashburn, Vestal, and Cotton. Cotton I really doubt, think he'll be huge and a DT or OT in a couple years. Ashburn or Vestal could move to DT or maybe even OL too.

It will be interesting to see who ends-up at DE out of Ashburn, Vestal, and Cotton. Cotton I really doubt, think he'll be huge and a DT or OT in a couple years. Ashburn or Vestal could move to DT or maybe even OL too.

I think the staff would take 1 or the other, Owa or Jones, but not both. Cooper is a big priority, not the end of the world type priority, but a big one none the less. The future numbers of DBs dictates a higher priority to get Cooper.

I think the staff would take Owa. Cooper is a big priority, not the end of the world type priority, but a big one none the less. The future numbers of DBs dictates a higher priority to get Cooper.

:yeah