Christian Westerman video @ USC camp

the AD shakeup, fan-based anger, and the tumult that erupted around the program as everyone was wanting to kick BC out, was what started to shake that recruiting class. Not the losses.

...and what caused the shakeup, the anger and the tumult?

(hint: it was the losses)

you can only sell promises for so long before people (including recruits) expect actual results. this is particularly true at a place like NU, where a tradition of winning is one of the few selling points we can offer. we have no way of knowing for certain if mr. "one game, one season" could have somehow still pulled in a great class despite the carnage on the field, but i have a hunch, and i'm ecstatic that we'll never have to find out.

He looks pretty good, technique is good, doesn't quit till the whistle has been blown which is always a good thing, and is very physical. You can almost see how confident he looks after every snap.

With that said my only problem is it seems like he'll get caught up holding his opponent occassionally which can be corrected in the next level but I like what I see and will be keeping my eye on him. Thanks for the info Nexus

He looks pretty good, technique is good, doesn't quit till the whistle has been blown which is always a good thing, and is very physical. You can almost see how confident he looks after every snap.

With that said my only problem is it seems like he'll get caught up holding his opponent occassionally which can be corrected in the next level but I like what I see and will be keeping my eye on him. Thanks for the info Nexus

:thumbs

Expect to see Westerman at the Red/White spring game in April. His dad said they'll probably come up for an unofficial visit then since his dad has a friend that lives in Lincoln who is a big Husker fan.

which one is powell?

The very beginning.

That doesn't look like Ronald Powell. I believe they just talk about him, but show no video of him v. Westerman.

The only free video they appear to have of Westerman going up against elite talent is here.

You are correct that isn't Powell. I'm going to edit this post. Thanks for pointing this out.

I did find a video of Powell vs. Westerman though after further research. Watch at the :06 mark and the :22 mark.

Powell @ USC camp

which one is powell?

The very beginning.

That doesn't look like Ronald Powell. I believe they just talk about him, but show no video of him v. Westerman.

The only free video they appear to have of Westerman going up against elite talent is here.

You are correct that isn't Powell. I'm going to edit this post. Thanks for pointing this out.

I did find a video of Powell vs. Westerman though after further research. Watch at the :06 mark and the :22 mark.

Powell @ USC camp

I think Rivals was just trying to sell subscriptions in the first video. Powell looked dominate in the second video, and I'm kind of curious why Bo didn't go after him harder.

Back to Westerman. It looked like he was dominated by Powell, but Powell is a year older and a rare talent.

which one is powell?

The very beginning.

Powell @ USC camp

I think Rivals was just trying to sell subscriptions in the first video. Powell looked dominate in the second video, and I'm kind of curious why Bo didn't go after him harder.

Back to Westerman. It looked like he was dominated by Powell, but Powell is a year older and a rare talent.

I agree. Powell is in a class of his own. Florida should do well with him.

Expect to see Westerman at the Red/White spring game in April. His dad said they'll probably come up for an unofficial visit then since his dad has a friend that lives in Lincoln who is a big Husker fan.

Thanks for the info Nexus. That should help in our favor that his dad has a buddy who lives in Lincoln whos a huge Husker fan. Just imagine Westerman going to his dads buddy house and looking at all of the Husker memorabillia and thinking "Man I can see myself going there!"

Not only that but going to a scrimmage game and seeing a Sea of Red and a sellout practice.

Thanks for the info Nexus. That should help in our favor that his dad has a buddy who lives in Lincoln whos a huge Husker fan. Just imagine Westerman going to his dads buddy house and looking at all of the Husker memorabillia and thinking "Man I can see myself going there!"

Not only that but going to a scrimmage game and seeing a Sea of Red and a sellout practice.

No doubt. Here's to hoping....