Christian Westerman video @ USC camp

Is he high on us? Are we the first to offer? What are the chances we get him away from the pac10?

He is interested in us. We will most likely get an official visit during the season. He also wants to come up to the spring game. It will be tough to get him away from USC and the others out west. But hopefully Moore and Reeves can convince him to come here.

Isn't he a legacy in some manner?

Not sure what to make of this but I found it on an Ohio State site and figured I post it.

Quote:

"I'm very close with Christian and we've talked about this, so I would say that I could name a top five for him. It's definitely Nebraska, USC, Texas, and I would say Florida and LSU also."

Might be a bunch of bs and I certainly cannot say this holds any credit. Just something I found.......

Is he high on us? Are we the first to offer? What are the chances we get him away from the pac10?

He is interested in us. We will most likely get an official visit during the season. He also wants to come up to the spring game. It will be tough to get him away from USC and the others out west. But hopefully Moore and Reeves can convince him to come here.

:yeah I also know Reeves and Tyler Moore have talked with him about Nebraska. Tyler is a one man recruiting machine. He's talked to Aaron Green as well as Christian. Like WV said, we should get an official visit at some point this next season.

I am very excited about our 2011 class. IMO, it will be by far the best class Pelini has put together and it will one of those that takes the Skers to the next level (for 2012/3 and beyond).

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

No, but what B-rent is talking about is BC's last year and his recruiting class. Most "experts" claimed we had the best O-line class in the nation haul with one 5* and three 4* (with a potential for a fourth).

I just looked and Callahan never had more than two 4* O-lineman in ANY class. Also he had zero 5* O-lineman. I not sure what year you are talking about.

No, but what B-rent is talking about is BC's last year and his recruiting class. Most "experts" claimed we had the best O-line class in the nation haul with one 5* and three 4* (with a potential for a fourth).

I just looked and Callahan never had more than two 4* O-lineman in ANY class. Also he had zero 5* O-lineman. I not sure what year you are talking about.

Well, he got fired and the class dissolved for 2008. BC had Steinkuhler, Givens, Hoch and Robinson on board at one point in time. Once he was fired all but Steinkuhler left.

Well, he got fired and the class dissolved for 2008. BC had Steinkuhler, Givens, Hoch and Robinson on board at one point in time. Once he was fired all but Steinkuhler left.

Ok. I see what you were saying. I am sorry I thought you were talking about the 2005 class that was highly rated. I think of the three we lost Robinson would have helped out the most.

He's talking about Baker Steinkuhler (listed by rivals as OL - 5 :star s), Bryce Givens (left for CO - 4 :star s), Dan Hoch ( left for MU - 4 :star s), and Robinson

Edit: Whoops - - a little slow

Edited by SkerChicago

Ok. I see what you were saying. I am sorry I thought you were talking about the 2005 class that was highly rated. I think of the three we lost Robinson would have helped out the most.

Yeah, my first post was a little confusing. I'm at work sneaking in my Huskerboard time. This place is like crack.

fwiw, that class was falling apart before the firing. all the salesmanship in the world doesn't matter if your team repeatedly gets its tail kicked up and down the field.

Unless your Notre Dame...

Let's be clear here, the AD shakeup, fan-based anger, and the tumult that erupted around the program as everyone was wanting to kick BC out, was what started to shake that recruiting class. Not the losses. A struggling program that has stability will do just fine in pulling in recruits if they have a capable recruiting staff. Unfortunately when rumors abound that the staff is going to be fired, what can you do.