Three Game Series with Boise State

bbeerma2

Let's all get over the Iowa deal...they will NOT play 2 Big XII teams each year or any year for that matter.

Also, playing a Minnesota is not beneficial for the Huskers. We would have to pay more or have a Home-Away deal...NO THANKS

I would like to see us schedule at least one team a year that almost guarantees a national TV audience, ie USC, Va Tech, Tennessee, etc...

One thing I think that puts us behind the eight ball in recruiting lately, is playing on PPV, 3 out of the first 4. Don't get me wrong, I do like the fact that PPV games give us direct revenue that is not split with the rest of the conference but it does limit our audiences. If we are going to play 3 of 4 games on PPV, we MUST schedule a big dog to ensure a national audience!!!

The next 2 years we have Washington U. The following 2 years we get UCLA. Then starting in 2014, the Canes show up on the sched. After 2 vs Miami U, Tennessee is on the 2-year plan. So there you go. Each of these games will be nationally televised b/c Nebraska always schedules at least one top non-conference school per season.

If you're doing the math on each of the 2-year deals mentioned above, and you add Boise St to the mix in 2015 & 2016, we're looking at the following: Canes & Boise St in '15, then Vols & Boise St in '16. If the Broncos can maintain the level they're playing the last 5 years, there's potentially two top 10 opponents for the Huskers in 2 consecutive years b/c Miami & Tenn should be back to where they've been as traditional powerhouses.

Oh & the Huskers played and dominated Iowa in '99 and '00. In 2000, we beat the Hawkeyes & Notre Dame before conference games started in 2000. That was a big reason our 2000 squad was able to get the Nat Championship that year.

that is a very tough back to back...you know i think part of it is big name school being scared to schedule Boise State...i mean even look at Nebraska...for example Florida Atlantic, Arkansas State, Louisiana Lafayette...for real? i mean if you want a cake walk first game of the year i get that but lets grow some balls here and schedule a Minnesota, Iowa, Boise State on a yearly basis

I still don't buy that you are a Nebraska fan. Your grammar and lack of capitalization look just like rcruiter. Can mods do IP checks here?

Being scared to schedule Boise State has little to do with anything. Boise talks like they will play anyone, anywhere . . . but they will only play anyone, anywhere if that school agrees to a home and home AND pays them around 1.5 million dollars. If you really want to gain respect, do home and homes like the big boys. Don't demand large payments.

damn bro whats with the hate? its okay tho i wont hold it against you were cool....all im saying is i wanna see nebraska go toe to toe with a few more big name schools. For entertainment purposes i believe we have a great program and i want it showcased on national tv on a consistant basis and the only way to do that is by scheduling tougher opponents that all

As of right now and the way Boise State has been playing the past 4 years I wouldn't mind scheduling them over teams like Louisana-Lafayette, Florida Atlantic, Maine, etc because Boise State has been in the national spotlight for awhile now.

:yeah

Games like that also guarantees no PPV games, either. I like how Nebraska's non-con schedule is shaping up in 2011 and beyond.

Large Payments? Why does it hurt us to give them 1.5 million? Just roughly 85,000 people x $55 = 4,675,000

We can't pay them that?? give me a f'ing break, give them the money. They are a legit program and it would be well worth the show.

And yes our non-conference is bullsh#t, and anyone on here who defends it is lieing to themselves. I understand it still has a lot to do with Pederson, but damn, what a rip off to us.

Sweet mother of god, this is going to be fun to watch if BSU gets added to the slate

By OWH

"NU currently has nonconference games scheduled for 2015 with Southern Mississippi (home) and Miami (away); for 2016 with Fresno State, Tennessee and Wyoming (all home); and for 2017 with Tennessee (away)."

We could get Fresno, Tennessee, Wyoming and Boise for Non-con in one year. That'll be one of the 5 hardest schedules that year for sure if Tennessee can rebound. Miami, Southern Miss and Boise wouldn't be a cakewalk Sunbelt stretch either.

For all you guys complaining about our current scheduling model, one big time game and 3 powder puffs, what is there to gain by playing 2 or 3 "tough" non-conference games, with one or two on the road? I just want to see what people have to say, I'm not saying that in an ideal world I wouldn't love for our schedule to be USC, ND, Florida, TCU, then Texas and OU both in the Big XII...I'm just curious to see what other people think...

And on the flip side, what would you say if we played that schedule above and ended up 9-3....What is there to gain?