Total Posts In a Day

When I first got into message boards I found a good fantasy football forum that I was on all day, every day. Even at my most furious posting pace I didn't get past 1,000 posts in a month. I'm like 14,000 posts behind you; if I posted 1,000 a month I still wouldn't catch you by January, 2011, and that's if you did stop for a year.

Personally I'm a big fan of not showing post counts. Yet another forum I belong to doesn't show them, probably the only one that I go to that doesn't. Coincidentally, it's the forum with the fewest "Yeah, that" kind of posts. Most things most people post are pretty content-heavy, not just little blurbs and stuff.

Mostly HuskerBoard is free from the post-whoring activity you see in a lot of other forums, though. We have a good group of members who don't worry so much about how much they post, but about what they post.

Yeah that

When I first got into message boards I found a good fantasy football forum that I was on all day, every day. Even at my most furious posting pace I didn't get past 1,000 posts in a month. I'm like 14,000 posts behind you; if I posted 1,000 a month I still wouldn't catch you by January, 2011, and that's if you did stop for a year.

Personally I'm a big fan of not showing post counts. Yet another forum I belong to doesn't show them, probably the only one that I go to that doesn't. Coincidentally, it's the forum with the fewest "Yeah, that" kind of posts. Most things most people post are pretty content-heavy, not just little blurbs and stuff.

Mostly HuskerBoard is free from the post-whoring activity you see in a lot of other forums, though. We have a good group of members who don't worry so much about how much they post, but about what they post.

Yeah that

:yeah

sorry Knapplc, I had to do it. :facepalm:

Haha I was just bored on Sunday when we went crazy on the Last to post thread. I am done with that.

That thread is definitely the easiest way to gain a high post count lol.

But does post count matter? I'm one of those stick-in-the-muds who wishes we didn't have post counts displayed. It just leads to lots of :yeah and "lol" posts, none of which help further any conversation.

The reason I like so many people here isn't because they have a bazillion posts, it's because of what they say. I'm sure when it boils down to it, most everyone here is the same way. I don't respect BRI any more because he has the most posts, I respect him because I like to read what he writes.

The "last to post" thread is random silliness, and I think it's cool to have something like that - we shouldn't be so terribly serious all the time - but when it comes to post whoring... meh. Count me out.

Haha I was just bored on Sunday when we went crazy on the Last to post thread. I am done with that.

That thread is definitely the easiest way to gain a high post count lol.

But does post count matter? I'm one of those stick-in-the-muds who wishes we didn't have post counts displayed. It just leads to lots of :yeah and "lol" posts, none of which help further any conversation.

The reason I like so many people here isn't because they have a bazillion posts, it's because of what they say. I'm sure when it boils down to it, most everyone here is the same way. I don't respect BRI any more because he has the most posts, I respect him because I like to read what he writes.

The "last to post" thread is random silliness, and I think it's cool to have something like that - we shouldn't be so terribly serious all the time - but when it comes to post whoring... meh. Count me out.

Yeah that :LOLtartar

Dude...you make it too easy :moreinteresting